Canada Kicks Ass
News voting question

dino_bobba_renno @ Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:55 am

Depends, sometimes I'll gie it a plus if I like what is being said and other times I'll give it a plus just because I think it's a good topic to discuss even if I don't agree with what is being said in it.

Normally I only give a negative (which isn't often) if I think the article is a waste of space like something to do with a celebrity or junk news that really isn't that important.

Canadaka @ Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:00 am

Lately people have been voting more with political bias than the past. The news system has functioned farily well for almost 3 years now in this manor. But I think some tweaks might be in order.

I may change it so only only a select group of news mods can vote negative on an article, or have access to remove it. eveyone else can vote positive like normal. Other sites like Digg.com only have positive vote on links. They do have negative votes on comments though, which would be the same as forum posts here.

90% of the time I only ever vote positive.

There has also been an inrease lately in people posting stupid images into the news system. I am going to add a logging function to the news images, to track who does this and possibly ban them from the news system.

Canadaka @ Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:45 am

$1:
I thought only the person who submits the story can add a picture.

Yes this is true, unless no picture was added, then anyone can can add a picture to a news item that has none.