Canada Kicks Ass
No more email 'notifications'

Yogi @ Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:50 pm

I'm using 'outlook express' and wonder if I screwed something up or what is wrong . The last email notification I got was a pm from SprCForr (BTW, Thanks) 2007,09/22 @ 14:59;14. All other aspects of outlook seem to be working ok. Maybe one of the mods can check this out for me or let me know if I did in fact 'screw up', how to fix it. Thanks again.

P.S. Does anyone know how to 'un-block' an email addy in outlook?

hwacker @ Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:54 pm

Yogi Yogi:
I'm using 'outlook express' and wonder if I screwed something up or what is wrong . The last email notification I got was a pm from SprCForr (BTW, Thanks) 2007,09/22 @ 14:59;14. All other aspects of outlook seem to be working ok. Maybe one of the mods can check this out for me or let me know if I did in fact 'screw up', how to fix it. Thanks again.

P.S. Does anyone know how to 'un-block' an email addy in outlook?

Select tools/rules wizard, edit as you see fit.

Yogi @ Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:52 pm

Thanks hwacker, I checked my 'blocked' list and didn't screw up there. Still no notices and I never changed any of my settings either Lily. Must be an 'admin thing'! :lol:

wildrosegirl @ Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:57 pm

I haven't gotten any for the past couple days either.

Canadaka @ Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:45 pm

hmm well if multiple people are having issues, it must be something on the server, I will investigate.

Lemme know if they start coming again.

Canadaka @ Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:21 am

it 'should' work again, actualy it might work even better now.

Canadaka @ Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:57 pm

I tweaked some settings on the mail server and finally move over canadaka.net's DNS to a service that supports TXT records so I could setup SPF. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

Hopefully this will help stop email from the site being marked as spam or not being accepted by certain email hosts.

If someone could let me know if they are still recieving emails, that would be great. And if you were never able to recieve emails before and can now, let me know that too!

Chumley @ Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 pm

actually, I stopped getting notifications months ago, but was too lazy to mention it.

Yogi @ Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:08 pm

I get one 'once in a while' but not often. Maybe 3-4 in the last few months