Canada Kicks Ass
Problem choosing favorite hockey team in profile?

1  2  3  Next

Canadaka @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:56 am

I have had 3 people in the last several days complain that they are unable to select a "favorite hockey team" in there profiles, the selection doens't stick when the submit the form. All my tests have worked fine, so i'm unsure what the problem is.

These all seem to be new members, so I was wondering if existing members were having problems with this?

roger-roger @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:17 am

I have that problem, and I cant get rid of my Con Icon either. In general Icons are giving me trouble :?

Canadaka @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:27 am

to remove a political party icon, you have to leave the related group. You can join and leave groups in your user control panel here: ucp.php?i=172

roger-roger @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:34 am

Thats the thing, I did leave the group, pretty much right after the election.

Canadaka @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:54 am

Hmm seems the group icon thing is related to a caching issue. The group cache should get updated every once and awhile, but it hasn't since at least the end of the election. So I manualy refreshed it and now the icon is gone.

I don't think that is related to the Hockey team thing though, but thanks for bringing it up.

roger-roger @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:55 am

No Problem

PENATRATOR @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:17 am

It's easy to do, shit, just open the page and select "BOSTON BRUINS" does not get any easier than that.

DerbyX @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:19 am

test.

DerbyX @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:20 am

Nope. I just changed it to the sharks and it appears to work fine though I'll be promptly changing it back.

roger-roger @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:20 am

for some people like myself, the selection doesnt stick, the page refeshes and the option is still blank.

roger-roger @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:22 am

as a side note, I am also not able to put a caption on my profile picture.

DerbyX @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:22 am

Are you using (my CKA) --> (user control panel) --> (profile) --> (select team in appropriate slot) --> (submit) button at the bottom left?

DerbyX @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:23 am

Eisensapper Eisensapper:
as a side note, I am also not able to put a caption on my profile picture.

Check your preferences allowing you to use certain features. You may have something disabled.

Canadaka @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:26 am

someone that it does't work for, can you take a screenshot of the profile settings page and post it here. I wanna see the other options you have selected, maybe its some weird combination.

PENATRATOR @ Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:29 am

Again, BOSTON BRUINS

1  2  3  Next