Canada Kicks Ass
Restricting Forum Posting to Members

1  2  Next

Canadaka @ Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:24 pm

Some members in the Chat tonight thought that I should make it that you have to register in order to post in the forums or comment on pictures. I have mixed feelings on this, so I thought i would see what all you thought, and i will base my desicion off that. :D

RoyalHighlander @ Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:26 pm

I vote YES, that way people would be morer responcible for thier posts

C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N @ Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:28 pm

I voted yes because... Royal voted yes...

s0meg1rl @ Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:30 pm

I also voted yes.

Trevor.......... You didn't answer my question about the people voting ...... :wink:

Johnny-Canuck @ Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:33 pm

I voted 'yes'. Its a good idea, although I dont recall seeing a controversial post by a guest.

RoyalHighlander @ Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:38 pm

Johnny-Canuck Johnny-Canuck:
I voted 'yes'. Its a good idea, although I dont recall seeing a controversial post by a guest.

Thats because SUPER MOD (me) was on the ball those days, And yes there have been some pretty pathetic posts made be non members

Johnny-Canuck @ Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:45 pm

Were really fortunate to have someone like you moderating RH! :D

RoyalHighlander @ Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:23 pm

Johnny-Canuck Johnny-Canuck:
Were really fortunate to have someone like you moderating RH! :D

Flattery will get you EVERYWHERE ! ! ! LAMo

Gangrenous @ Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:16 pm

I don't like messages posted by "guest" they can write anything they want and slander anyone or anything.

Aaron @ Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:31 pm

I would be partial to making the forums for registered Canadaka posters.. go for it..

electricbuford @ Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:28 am

I voted yes , because I believe in legal immigration LET US KNOW WHO YOU ARE ! Unregistered " guests " could be Iraqi spies secretely trying to deliver POSTS OF MASS DESTRUCTION ! Seriously , though , If you come to this site , register if you want to share your views - it's only proper . And don't be afraid - some of the posts I've made criticizing the u.s. on this site would probably get me labeled a communist , tree - hugging , granola - muncher ( or I am from British Columbia ) . Anyway , free speech is still a right in most democracies , so register .

Canadaka @ Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:54 pm

OK i think i want to go ahead and do this.. but i have hit a hurdle.

I tested it out today and there is an issue with the site. When i make it so you have to be logged in to post, when you goto post a topic and it asked you to login, after you login it takes you to the frontpage. it should bring you back to the new post page on the thread in the forum you were at.

I have posted on some help forums so hopefully i can some help there. Anyone know anything that could help?

Aaron @ Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:34 pm

Thx trevor.. I think that would be a tricky task to figure out.. I will ask a friend of mine..

Canadaka @ Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:04 am

Due to popular demand i have made the posting and replying in the forums for members only, guests can still view the forums.

Wheels @ Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:22 am

That was a good Idea the Royal had, it'll keep the idiots out better

1  2  Next