Canada Kicks Ass
Seeking Asylum, what countries accept Canadians?...

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next

DrCaleb @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:58 am

Brenda Brenda:
I understand his problem, but not his way of trying to get answers. Nor his responses to any of us.

I understand his response perfectly. He recieved hostility, and returned it in kind. Tinnitus can make some people pretty short tempered.

Brenda @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:59 am

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:
Brenda Brenda:
You don't have to. Apply for a visa somewhere. Just a work permit, or a PR visa.

Why do you care what bothers me in the first place? You post your cry for attention on a public forum, and then bitch when people don't kiss your ass?

I didn't post for attention I posted for assistance. You read a post and don't take into consideration the number of years and painstaking measures I have gone through to try and obtain information from CSIS regarding what I have experienced. You have no idea the affect it has had on my life and our family; but you take the time to bash me. Do you think I had a a simple argument with a cop for a speeding ticket and decided I have had enough and I'm packing my stuff and leaving? This has been a full court press against me, the more I have challenged them (through diplomatic channels and a lawsuit) to get transparency the worse my suffering has become.

If you don't know the answer or don't care to help I am fine with no response from you. If someone comes on here and asks me a question about aeronautical engineering I wouldn't respond as I don't know a thing about the subject.

You asked which country would give a Canadian asylum. You chose to ignore the suggestions I offered, and only to respond to anything that does not suit you.

Brenda @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:00 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Brenda Brenda:
I understand his problem, but not his way of trying to get answers. Nor his responses to any of us.

I understand his response perfectly. He recieved hostility, and returned it in kind. Tinnitus can make some people pretty short tempered.

If I recall correctly, you suggested "Russia". And Zimbabwe. And Burkina Faso.

How's that an intelligent reply? Or not hostile?

Come on now.

DrCaleb @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:06 am

Brenda Brenda:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Brenda Brenda:

If I recall correctly, you suggested "Russia".

I'll admit, I was flippant with him for the same reason - being a proud Canadian. But keep reading and he gets called a 'troll' and 'terrorist' on the first page. And it keeps getting better.

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:08 am

Well, I've had extensive experience working and travelling overseas in quite a few countries......never had a problem with travel or work visas, did a fair bit of work that required special security clearance from a few different national and international agencies that were military and civilian.....you must have done something to piss someone off or raise a flag. Methinks you're shitting us.

shockedcanadian @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:22 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Well, I've had extensive experience working and travelling overseas in quite a few countries......never had a problem with travel or work visas, did a fair bit of work that required special security clearance from a few different national and international agencies that were military and civilian.....you must have done something to piss someone off or raise a flag. Methinks you're shitting us.

Then why wouldn't these agencies tell me why? If you read the original link to my post you can see how I break down what I experienced from the police and how that was handed off to CSIS. This was revenge against me, I just didn't realize it until years later as I have never been charged or accused of anything. Also, if I "pissed someone off", why would I have been interviewed for an intelligence role in the military in my 20s? This request came from the military themselves as I was applying to do my part in other areas of the forces.

There is no way on Gods Green earth that the military is going to recommend an interview (quite lengthy as I recall, 1.5 hours or so) for such a sensitive position if they didn't do their background checks.

I know I pissed off the bully detective who caused my hearing disability and beat me. Ironically, his own desire for revenge was the precursor to all of these issues so many years later. I was never some major threat to anyone, I made all the right decisions after one knucklehead decision early in life.

Brenda @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:34 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Brenda Brenda:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

If I recall correctly, you suggested "Russia".

I'll admit, I was flippant with him for the same reason - being a proud Canadian. But keep reading and he gets called a 'troll' and 'terrorist' on the first page. And it keeps getting better.

Not by me. I suggested several times to apply for a work visa or whatever visa in whatever country of his choosing if he wants to leave, because since he still has his right to free speech (as proven here), he is not afraid for his life being taken by the government, he can still sue (as he is doing), asylum is not an option.

He chose to ignore that and had the audacity to ask me why I cared (or was so obsessed, or something to that effect). Then he has the audacity to tell me to shut up if I have nothing to offer?

Whatever.

DrCaleb @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:43 am

Brenda Brenda:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Not by me. I suggested several times to apply for a work visa or whatever visa in whatever country of his choosing if he wants to leave, because since he still has his right to free speech (as proven here), he is not afraid for his life being taken by the government, he can still sue (as he is doing), asylum is not an option.

He chose to ignore that and had the audacity to ask me why I cared (or was so obsessed, or something to that effect). Then he has the audacity to tell me to shut up if I have nothing to offer?

Whatever.

Why do you do that Brenda? I didn't say he was insulted by you, I only said I understood his heated responses. 'Understanding' also does not mean 'agreeing' in case you were going to assume I'm saying that. You made good sugestions based on your experience. He blew you off when he shouldn't have. But I understand why he blew you off.

Brenda @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:54 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Brenda Brenda:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Whatever.

Why do you do that Brenda? I didn't say he was insulted by you, I only said I understood his heated responses. 'Understanding' also does not mean 'agreeing' in case you were going to assume I'm saying that. You made good sugestions based on your experience. He blew you off when he shouldn't have. But I understand why he blew you off.

Really? Why did he?

DrCaleb @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:56 am

Brenda Brenda:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Brenda Brenda:

Whatever.

Really? Why did he?

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Brenda Brenda:

BartSimpson @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:57 am

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:
I mean asylum as a Canadian citizen into another country due to a violation or risk someone might face in Canada. For instance, some of our allies probably wouldn't accept a Canadian citizen, as they have labelled us a "safe" country, I am sure other nations would though if there is a legitimate reason and well constructed argument.

What I am seeking is a site or reference that lists which nations would or even have in the past already accepted a Canadian. I am on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website and there isn't even an email contact (surprise) to which I can try and reach them. There is a 1-888 number which is essentially for those applying to stay in Canada, citizenship and the like.

If a Canadian were up on hate speech charges and facing a prison sentence the USA would probably have to entertain the request for asylum as an exercise in protecting free speech and I'd expect and anticipate the ACLU to vehemently support the request. Amnesty International would probably weigh in, too, given that Canadian hate speech convictions and accusations typically have a political taint to them.

llama66 @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am

Again my whole problem is all these allegations. He offers no evidence other than his word. If such egregious violation were occurring why not contact an entity like the media? They love hanging crooked cops out to dry.

It sounds to me like a lot of hyperbole.

As for the "Terrorist" comment it was a valid question, to which he responds with am I a provocateur. So of course I'm going to harangue the guy. If he is so lacking in foresight that he can't see that he's visited most of his misfortune upon himself by doing stupid things like calling the Heritage Front after a bunch of black kids roll him, how is that on us if he doesn't realize the optics of that. He says he didn't leave a message, but still to admit that that was his first call after the police couldn't help him, what does that look like to you?

I take serious offence to people who act stupidly and them blame others for their situation, he has taken no ownership for his situation. Your damn right I'm hostile towards this guy. When he can realize that he is the product of his decisions, then maybe I will engage him as an Adult.

And for the record I think his interview for "military intelligence" is pure and utter tripe.

Brenda @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Ah. I see. Him being short tempered because of a ring in his ear should excuse him from being an asshole.

Meh, not buying it.

Also, your response, DrC, doesn't explain to me how you understand why he blew me off.

[stupid]
What llama said.

DrCaleb @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Ah. I see. Him being short tempered because of a ring in his ear should excuse him from being an asshole.

Meh, not buying it.

Also, your response, DrC, doesn't explain to me how you understand why he blew me off.

The 'empathy' response has been shown to manifest in children as young as 3 months.

llama66 llama66:
Again my whole problem is all these allegations. He offers no evidence other than his word.

. . .

And for the record I think his interview for "military intelligence" is pure and utter tripe.

That's pretty much the same for everyone on the internet though, isn't it? Bart may really be a short pauchny latino, but all anyone has is his/her word. ;) Zip might not have been a pole dancer in a Romanian mining camp bar, but we pretend in the interest of discussion.

What we do in the interest of discussion is suspend our disbelief for the time being. ShockedCanadian's story might all be bullshit. Doesn't matter to me, one way or the other. It's the journey I'm here for.

BartSimpson @ Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:15 pm

llama66 llama66:
Again my whole problem is all these allegations. He offers no evidence other than his word. If such egregious violation were occurring why not contact an entity like the media? They love hanging crooked cops out to dry.

I just read what he wrote and nothing seems outrageous to me. You can read literally thousands of such stories out on the net with one of the better sites and archives being this one:

http://www.policemisconduct.net/

Myself, I've worked as a reserve LEO in California (not much lately due to budget cuts) and in the course of just doing what mostly amounts to glorified security guard work I've seen several instances of police abuse. The worst was the following case:

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/10/11/490083 ... fatal.html

I wasn't there when it happened but I was there less than five minutes after it was called in.

As I was told, Luis Gutierrez attacked the officers, he was possibly on PCP, he was armed with a pistol that no one was able to find, and he'd shot at the officers and they shot back in self defense.

The truth was far different than that crock o' bull.

In any case, our friend here getting beaten with truncheons is pretty mild. Give me a while and I'll provide you with lawsuits that have been filed because of male and female inmates being sodomized with truncheons by law enforcement.

What the OP posted was entirely believeable to me and his allegations, had they happened in California, would be enough to bring to a grand jury for indictments.

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next