Canada Kicks Ass
Seeking Asylum, what countries accept Canadians?...

1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  Next

shockedcanadian @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:00 am

If someone were to seek asylum OUT of Canada, which countries would accept them?

DrCaleb @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:07 am

How do you mean 'asylum'? If you are in a country that doesn't have a Canadian embassy, the British Embassy will accept you as a citizen. They were working on an agreement for similar reciprocity with Austraila too.

shockedcanadian @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:18 am

I mean asylum as a Canadian citizen into another country due to a violation or risk someone might face in Canada. For instance, some of our allies probably wouldn't accept a Canadian citizen, as they have labelled us a "safe" country, I am sure other nations would though if there is a legitimate reason and well constructed argument.

What I am seeking is a site or reference that lists which nations would or even have in the past already accepted a Canadian. I am on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website and there isn't even an email contact (surprise) to which I can try and reach them. There is a 1-888 number which is essentially for those applying to stay in Canada, citizenship and the like.

DrCaleb @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:25 am

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:
I mean asylum as a Canadian citizen into another country due to a violation or risk someone might face in Canada. For instance, some of our allies probably wouldn't accept a Canadian citizen, as they have labelled us a "safe" country, I am sure other nations would though if there is a legitimate reason and well constructed argument.

So, let me get this straight, you want to seek refuge in another country from percecution in Canada?

No, Canada is one of the few nations foolish enough to accept political refugees from such hell holes as Austrailia or the UK. I don't think any of our allies have sunk to that level yet.

You might try Zimbabwe, or Burkina Faso! They might need a little humour in their lives.

shockedcanadian @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:32 am

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1178412

Read that link and share the humour with me. It isn't funny being threatened with violence three times, held at an International border and passport taken away (with my wife I might add) based on information provided by Canadian authorities. Nor is it humorous to have employment interference in two different careers in a so-called "Capitalist" and relatively free economy, nor being accused in silence and having access to my legal demand of access to accusations denied; once again contrary to International Law.

It's great that your experience in Canada has been peachy, not everyone is experiencing the same democratic values.

DrCaleb @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:38 am

Ohh! Hey! Russia might be into that! I hear they take in the persecuted lately. After all, they only fix elections, kill journalists and imprison people who mock the President.

Nothing at all like you are experiencing.

Regina @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:48 am

It's odd that you being a shit head when 17 years old followed you.

Brenda @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:59 am

Apply for a job in the US. Who knows.

DrCaleb @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:59 am

Regina Regina:

I think the whole story is odd. It would be a trivial thing to go to the Comissionarres and get a records check done on yourself, and see what pops up. If a person has never been convicted of a crime, this is all that can be checked by private companies and would show on such a background check. Anything else would be a matter for intellegence agents, and I don't see an RCMP member being able to 'watchlist' anyone without a reasonable amount of evidence.

But if this person feels persecuted, then by all means they have the right to go somewhere they feel they won't be. Deepest Darkest Africa seems a good spot.

shockedcanadian @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:10 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Regina Regina:

I think the whole story is odd. It would be a trivial thing to go to the Comissionarres and get a records check done on yourself, and see what pops up. If a person has never been convicted of a crime, this is all that can be checked by private companies and would show on such a background check. Anything else would be a matter for intellegence agents, and I don't see an RCMP member being able to 'watchlist' anyone without a reasonable amount of evidence.

But if this person feels persecuted, then by all means they have the right to go somewhere they feel they won't be. Deepest Darkest Africa seems a good spot.

I have a police record check completed and it came up empty, furthermore I was held at the border and no explanation given (now will have to pursue litigation to get the U.S to provide the information).

shockedcanadian @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:20 am

Regina Regina:

I like how some people extract one piece of information, one incident, which by the way was obviously encouraged and generated by an opportunist cop and use that as an excuse. Furthermore, I don't have a record. No different than anyone in a country in which they fight an allegation and win. Let me take a wild guess...you or someone in your family is a cop right? Humour me.

So, does the phedophile nature of the cop in peel region have his abuse of me "follow him"? You enjoy having full grown adult cops standing around a 125 pound 17 year old and dropping his pants down and hitting him with a stick? I wonder if you are hoping his abuse of power followed him? I have family who risked their lives for this country, unlike some who abuse their powers pretending they are at war with 17 year old citizens.

Now, you conveniently brushed over the entire entrapment attempts by the police, the suicide of a former gf and the covert misrepresentation of me as some sort of White Supremist. The Canadian Stasi are alive and well in Canada, absolutely unaccountable and ever powerful in the name of CSIS, how do you explain their actions?

I have heard the term many times, usually from people who only believe that somehow it only works one way (always in their favour); "karma". This isn't karma I am experiencing, me being deaf in one ear and hearing the ring for the last 20 years satisfies that. This is simply undemocratic, illegal and a persecution by the hand of the state in secrecy. Read a history book and you can find many such examples of such countries, none of them ever called "democracies".

llama66 @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Read that link and share the humour with me. It isn't funny being threatened with violence three times, held at an International border and passport taken away (with my wife I might add) based on information provided by Canadian authorities. Nor is it humorous to have employment interference in two different careers in a so-called "Capitalist" and relatively free economy, nor being accused in silence and having access to my legal demand of access to accusations denied; once again contrary to International Law.

It's great that your experience in Canada has been peachy, not everyone is experiencing the same democratic values.

Are you a terrorist?

You can try the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea
The People's Republic of China
The Russian Federation
Zimbabwe
Uganda
South Sudan
Sudan
Egypt
Afghanistan
Iran

Perhaps they will grant you asylum from the oppressive Canadian Government and its terrible Pogrom against your people.

Hyack @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:18 pm

llama66 llama66:

Are you a terrorist?

Or a troll?

shockedcanadian @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:22 pm

llama66 llama66:

Are you a terrorist?

Thank you for that response admin. I was about to ask if he was an agent provocateur.

It's easy for people to attack me, kick someone when they are down, even after I have worked very hard to be a good human being. I have done plenty of volunteer work and have shown nothing but support for those good and honest men and women in uniform, whether police or soldiers, even CSIS who I admired before I learned of my circumstance. I am finding it extremely difficult obtaining accountability; basic principles of "rule of law" in the same country I was born and was willing to risk my life for as a student in university.

Brenda @ Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Why would you want asylum? Just fill out some immigration application papers for any country you want. They'll tell you what else you would need to submit or why they reject you.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  Next