Canada Kicks Ass
Should members be allowed to hide their rep points

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

fifeboy @ Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:15 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
$1:
This post was made by mtbr who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
This post was made by mtbr who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Hmm? Somebody say something?

hurley--10 min detention. You know leaving someone out is bullying!

Mustang1 @ Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:19 pm

jason700 jason700:
IMO, I think it would be better if we just had positives to give out and totally get rid of the negatives. If you don't agree with someone, just call them out.

But some still cry when they're called out. If you're that insecure, stay out of contentious threads.

mtbr @ Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:27 pm

jason700 jason700:
IMO, I think it would be better if we just had positives to give out and totally get rid of the negatives. If you don't agree with someone, just call them out.

Donny Brassco would have nothing to do.

never mind rep points some people cry when you vote down their news stories :lol:

Hyack @ Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:55 pm

Don't forget to mention those members who get warnings for making posts that intentionally create hostile arguments....

Tman1 @ Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:18 pm

I'm getting neg points for people necro posting from posts four years ago that I made. A joke I tell ya. Quite a shock to see getting negitived from something I said a long time ago I can't remember.

Hyack @ Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:40 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
I'm getting neg points for people necro posting from posts four years ago that I made. A joke I tell ya. Quite a shock to see getting negitived from something I said a long time ago I can't remember.

Someday when you have nothing better to do and want a laugh, go through the reasons given for the rep points added or subtracted. To some people here this place is nothing but a popularity contest.....he/she with the highest rep wins.... :roll: :roll:

dino_bobba_renno @ Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:47 pm

lily lily:
I think if you disable your rep, you have no business handing any out... especially negatives.

On a sort of related note... how come when you click on some people's rep you get told it's an inactive module (or something similar)?

Ditto

dino_bobba_renno @ Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:49 pm

mtbr mtbr:

never mind rep points some people cry when you vote down their news stories :lol:

That's only because I though the "Britney dies her hair black" article was an extremely important current event that everyone needed to know about. Damn those bastards for voting against it. :lol:

Tman1 @ Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:56 pm

Hyack Hyack:
Tman1 Tman1:

Someday when you have nothing better to do and want a laugh, go through the reasons given for the rep points added or subtracted. To some people here this place is nothing but a popularity contest.....he/she with the highest rep wins.... :roll: :roll:

Not sure if you are un-supportive or sarcastic here.

In any case, I'm laughing now beause it is a joke. Then again, I don't appreciate coming on to this site to see my rep points slandered from something I didn't do or did in the past.

jason700 @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:45 am

Mustang1 Mustang1:
jason700 jason700:

But some still cry when they're called out. If you're that insecure, stay out of contentious threads.

Nothing personal, I just don't see the point in giving out negative rep. It simply allows someone who can't win an argument to be childish. Of course you could always negative rep them back.

I guess the only time I'd use it is if someone was blatantly racist like Saxon.

Mustang1 @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:42 am

jason700 jason700:
Mustang1 Mustang1:
jason700 jason700:

Nothing personal, I just don't see the point in giving out negative rep. It simply allows someone who can't win an argument to be childish. Of course you could always negative rep them back.

I guess the only time I'd use it is if someone was blatantly racist like Saxon.

Well...it does allow the knuckdraggers and sucks here to participate (and I usually use neg points as retaliations for those babies) when they're getting their ass handed to them on the threads, but again, if people are that overly concerned about these things (and they shouldn't, as this is entertainment) than they need to abstain from posting on controversial topics.

The minute they throw their hat in the ring, they're fair game. If they can't handle it, stay out and post on another thread.

Brenda @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:18 am

Why do neg-reps have to be policed by "shutting them down"? Can't we be mature enough and NOT hand them out as retaliation?

dino_bobba_renno @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:22 am

Brenda Brenda:
Why do neg-reps have to be policed by "shutting them down"? Can't we be mature enough and NOT hand them out as retaliation?

I don't think they need to be "policed" but if you choose not to have your rep points active you shouldn't be allowed to give rep, be it positive or negative. If you opt out of the rep system you opt out and should not be able to participate at all.

Besides, we're talking rep points here. If I get a negative rep on the forum (which I hope I don't) I'm sure my life will go on.

Brenda @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:25 am

dino_bobba_renno dino_bobba_renno:
Brenda Brenda:

I don't think they need to be "policed" but if you choose not to have your rep points active you shouldn't be allowed to give rep, be it positive or negative. If you opt out of the rep system you opt out and should not be able to participate at all.

Besides, we're talking rep points here. If I get a negative rep on the forum (which I hope I don't) I'm sure my life will go on.

Well, ya can't hand out reps anymore if you have it disabled. My question was to Jasons reply...

Ya sure it will? Want me to try it out for ya? :twisted:

;-)

dino_bobba_renno @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:38 am

Brenda Brenda:
dino_bobba_renno dino_bobba_renno:
Brenda Brenda:

Well, ya can't hand out reps anymore if you have it disabled. My question was to Jasons reply...

Ya sure it will? Want me to try it out for ya? :twisted:

;-)

Oh, didn't realize they that. Leave it to me not read all the previous posts, lazy bastard that I am :lol: .

On the trying out the rep thing, sure but lets do it the other way around. Give me tons of rep (of which I am sure I am due :D ) and give it a month. I'll let know if I'm leading a fuller life.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next