Canada Kicks Ass
Should members be allowed to hide their rep points

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Hyack @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:04 am

Tman1 Tman1:
Hyack Hyack:
Tman1 Tman1:
I'm getting neg points for people necro posting from posts four years ago that I made. A joke I tell ya. Quite a shock to see getting negitived from something I said a long time ago I can't remember.

Someday when you have nothing better to do and want a laugh, go through the reasons given for the rep points added or subtracted. To some people here this place is nothing but a popularity contest.....he/she with the highest rep wins.... :roll: :roll:

Not sure if you are un-supportive or sarcastic here.

In any case, I'm laughing now beause it is a joke. Then again, I don't appreciate coming on to this site to see my rep points slandered from something I didn't do or did in the past.

I'm being a little of both, if you've read my previous posts on rep points you'll see I think they are a joke. When people start handing out points simply because it happens to be your birthday....or because you're coming to live here...or you just happen to be thinking the same thing. It takes away the main purpose of the system.

Bacardi4206 @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:46 am

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
I agree with you...either we have it or we dont. But do we really need it?
do people really care about how many points they have or who they got them from?

It's a good system IMO, if you act like a ass hat than somebody can neg rep you for it along with the direct post of you being a asshat and a comment of why you were neg reped which would be seen by all.

Along with your positive reps. It's basicly showing the reputation you got around the forums so people can get a general idea of who you are.

I personally love rep points, even the negative ones. As long as they are neg reping me for actually acting like a asshole instead of just disagreeing with them or whatever.

Out of all the options these forums have, this is one I personally think definetly belongs there.

RUEZ @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:46 pm

Hyack Hyack:
I'm being a little of both, if you've read my previous posts on rep points you'll see I think they are a joke. When people start handing out points simply because it happens to be your birthday....or because you're coming to live here...or you just happen to be thinking the same thing. It takes away the main purpose of the system.

So true. Or how about a rep point because they like your avatar? They are a joke.

Hyack @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:52 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
So true. Or how about a rep point because they like your avatar? They are a joke.

Exactly!

Brenda @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:13 pm

Hyack Hyack:
RUEZ RUEZ:

Exactly!

So don't take it so seriously, and laugh about it ;-)

TattoodGirl @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:22 pm

Truthfully, I think they should be handed out on the basis of how well a poster can gargle the national anthem with a mouthful of Canadian...imagine all the ruined monitors :wink: :lol:

jason700 @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Why do neg-reps have to be policed by "shutting them down"? Can't we be mature enough and NOT hand them out as retaliation?

It seems that some aren't mature enough really. But I don't care, it was just a suggestion. I kinda see the purpose for the negatives now.

Hyack @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:25 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Hyack Hyack:
RUEZ RUEZ:

Exactly!

So don't take it so seriously, and laugh about it ;-)

Brenda, I don't take the rep system seriously at all, in fact I mostly ignore it! The only time I will give out rep points is for a truly outstanding post or one that I feel deserves to be recognized, and there aren't that many that will make the grade.

QBC @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:56 pm

Hyack Hyack:
Brenda, I don't take the rep system seriously at all, in fact I mostly ignore it! The only time I will give out rep points is for a truly outstanding post or one that I feel deserves to be recognized, and there aren't that many that will make the grade.

Oh my, now that post deserves rep points....... :D

Hyack @ Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:58 pm

Have I made any remarks about your ancestry lately..... :twisted:

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6