Canada Kicks Ass
sloooooooooooooooow server

Mukluk @ Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:49 pm

Does anyone else get incredibly slow response on this site?

m

Wheels @ Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:24 am

It happens some times I have cable internet, and it soes slow down but usually during peak times only.. (5 am is usually ok for me LOL)

Canadaka @ Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:30 pm

yah the site speeds can vary, sometimes the traffic is high. Right now its on a shared server. But i am soon hopefully at the end of the month getting a new Rack Server and dedicated co-lo hosting.

CyNiCaL @ Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:29 pm

heh I thought the server was slow aswell, but then I realised it was teh website (canadaka.net) that was opening some stupid messenger program on my PC, why a website would want to open windows messenger on my PC is beyond me. Although I can't get a response in the appropriate thread from teh site admin on teh situation. Canadaka.net pages take approx 30 seconds to load, I can attribute about 20-25 of that to teh website argueing with my PC to open windows messenger, which it ultimately refuses to do. In comparison, Goggle takes about a milisecond.

Canadaka @ Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:20 am

Ok i have seen this happen now, the Messenger thing, i cannot explaint it... its seems to be really rare. I recomend Using a different broswer maybe. i tested and it works fine on a "problem" computer with Mozilla FireFox.