Canada Kicks Ass
Suggestions for Improvements to CKA

Previous  1 ... 11  12  13  14  15  Next

Jonny_C @ Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:31 pm

Strutz Strutz:
Would anyone else find this handy or is it just me that would?

Good idea.

Canadaka @ Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:31 pm

I can do this, will take sometime, hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

I could also reduce the "spread" of allowed reps before you can rep the same person again, I think its 5 atm.

Thanos @ Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:06 pm

How about re-jigging the rep points so there is no upper limit of 1000? I want to win by more. :twisted:

commanderkai @ Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:02 pm

Long shot, but is there any way to increase the size of avatars? It's hard finding good .gifs in the miniscule size allowed.

xerxes @ Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:05 pm

A minor request on my part. I remember in previous versions of CKA when you wanted to post a hyperlink, a box would come up asking for the link, then the name of the link you wanted in lieu of the actually web address.

It was really handy, and for those of us who are inept at HTML code, a major time saver.

Public_Domain @ Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:09 am

commanderkai commanderkai:
Long shot, but is there any way to increase the size of avatars? It's hard finding good .gifs in the miniscule size allowed.

That has the potential for breaking the board though.
Google "Resize GIF Images", here's a site that can help:

http://www.online-image-editor.com/

If that fails, Google around.

MeganC @ Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:12 pm

Can we add a UN flag on the profiles for people who don't want to claim a country but who want world unity instead? Maybe add a EU flag for people who like that too?

commanderkai @ Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
commanderkai commanderkai:

That has the potential for breaking the board though.
Google "Resize GIF Images", here's a site that can help:

http://www.online-image-editor.com/

If that fails, Google around.

Actually, I wasn't worried about the width or height, but the actual kb size.

Also, as a suggestion, can we have more than 50kb for avatars? :lol:

(Yes, I know this reply is late, but I wanted to try getting a new avatar but...eh. Nope. Way too big.)

BartSimpson @ Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Here's a thought for the statistics page: A stat on the people who give the most rep points. :idea:

Jabberwalker @ Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:53 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of some nice potted palms in the comer and pleasant Muzak piped in as we post.

Zipperfish @ Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:02 pm

xerxes xerxes:

It was really handy, and for those of us who are inept at HTML code, a major time saver.

Protip: Consider becoming pet at HTML code.

andyt @ Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
xerxes xerxes:

Protip: Consider becoming pet at HTML code.

Like this:

wildrosegirl @ Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:36 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Here's a thought for the statistics page: A stat on the people who give the most rep points. :idea:

Why?

Jabberwalker @ Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:11 am

...so w can hunt them down with dogs and beat them within an inch of their lives.

BartSimpson @ Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:07 am

RickC made a great suggestion here:

post2138401#p2138401

$1:
I wish this forum had some kind of two tier system for threads like this. When someone like a cop, fireman, soldier, etc., dies in the line of duty, there should be one thread set up to express condolences to the family. Say goodbye to the fallen, show some respect for someone who has fallen in the line of duty. There should be another thread to discuss the particulars of the situation, whatever they may be. I do not want to silence free speech in any way. The conversations about the particulars concerning the death, (was it necessary, should we be there, did we have the proper support, etc.) are important conversations and need to be had. I just find that having those conversations in the original obituary thread tends to piss a lot of people off. Tempers flare. People understandably get emotional about the topic. Anyhow I'm just talking out of my ass here throwing out some suggestions to keep the peace in threads that deserve some peace, and keep the dialog going strong in threads that deserve heated debate.

Perhaps a section can be put up for memorial posts where the posts would be limited to condolences and paying respects.

The discussions can then remain in the open forum.

+5 to RickC on that one! R=UP

Previous  1 ... 11  12  13  14  15  Next