Canada Kicks Ass
Suggestions for Improvements to CKA

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 15  Next

Brenda @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:30 am

lily lily:
A couple of sites I belong to have a really cool feature - the ability to hide part of your post with a "spoiler" code, so the reader has to click to read all of what you wrote.

Is that doable here?
Why is that handy?

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:30 am

Have Regina and QBC quit spamming us all with photos of their Brokeback fishing trysts on QBC's pontoon boat. We get it, you're happy together, you don't need to share the love.

Regina @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:45 am

:lol:

dino_bobba_renno @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:54 am

How about a "How To" page that explains how to post pictures, video's (something I still haven't quite figures out), and flash applications into a threads. It could maybe include a few notes on the difference between some of the differing browsers such as foxfire.

I noticed a few weeks ago that someone was having some difficulties posting pic's, as it turned out after about 3 pages of people trying to explain it to him that he couldn't follow their instructions because he was using foxfire.

Like I mentioned above I still haven't figured out exactly how to post videos directly onto thread or flash vids. There might be something on the site all ready for this but if there isn't it might be an idea.

Arctic_Menace @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:06 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Have Regina and QBC quit spamming us all with photos of their Brokeback fishing trysts on QBC's pontoon boat. We get it, you're happy together, you don't need to share the love.

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

kenmore @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:05 am

Aging_Redneck Aging_Redneck:
Suggestion to improve CKA:

Here's an interesting one....In one area of the forums only , allow the creator of a thread to moderate the comments on it. It would create a very interesting dynamic. Censorship, and cautious disagreement would be very common, and perhaps even interesting at times.

its called communism... I could just see that.. oh you dont agree well your banned.. I say no to this crap

Canadaka @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:13 pm

dino_bobba_renno dino_bobba_renno:
How about a "How To" page that explains how to post pictures, video's (something I still haven't quite figures out), and flash applications into a threads. It could maybe include a few notes on the difference between some of the differing browsers such as foxfire.

I noticed a few weeks ago that someone was having some difficulties posting pic's, as it turned out after about 3 pages of people trying to explain it to him that he couldn't follow their instructions because he was using foxfire.

Like I mentioned above I still haven't figured out exactly how to post videos directly onto thread or flash vids. There might be something on the site all ready for this but if there isn't it might be an idea.

LOL this has been on my list for years. Its just no fun doing it, heh
But I have actually made progress on this just recently. I am making a knowledgebase module for a clients site, that when done I will also use on CKA to start creating flash screen capture videos. I would say this will probably come next month and slowly start to be populated.

Others would be more than welcome to contribute to it, if you have software to do screen recordings.

Wally_Sconce @ Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:

But I have actually made progress on this just recently. I am making a knowledgebase module for a clients site, that when done I will also use on CKA to start creating flash screen capture videos. I would say this will probably come next month and slowly start to be populated.

Others would be more than welcome to contribute to it, if you have software to do screen recordings.

publish one page of examples, and let people figure it out from there

dino_bobba_renno @ Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:10 am

Aging_Redneck Aging_Redneck:
Canadaka Canadaka:

publish one page of examples, and let people figure it out from there

I don't think it has to be very complex or anything. Like Lil mentioned sometimes you just need an example and maybe a few notes just to help out.

Alta_redneck @ Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:55 am

WDHIII WDHIII:
Be a good idea to include how to post pics for news stories too - that big white spot is kinda annoying when one of them get moved to the "top of the board" and theres no pic.

If most posters are like myself, I gave up going to the trouble to include a picture once it became apparent the stories were no longer being shuffled based on hits (readers votes). We can have a story with 200 hits on it in 12 hours and it only moves up during the night when it’s on automatic. The rest of the time it’s editor’s choice, and I have no problem with that, but that’s why I don’t bother taking the time to do it anymore.

Blue_Nose @ Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:00 am

lily lily:
Didn't Blue Nose write up a bunch of instructions once?
I did for using the quote function - it's call "Blue_Nose's PSA" or something like that.

mtbr @ Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:36 am

Too many double news posts...if it says "this has possibly been submitted go back and check before you hit the continue button anyways.

The "Canadians file tax returns" is an example

Hyack @ Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:45 am

WDHIII WDHIII:
Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
WDHIII WDHIII:
Be a good idea to include how to post pics for news stories too - that big white spot is kinda annoying when one of them get moved to the "top of the board" and theres no pic.

If most posters are like myself, I gave up going to the trouble to include a picture once it became apparent the stories were no longer being shuffled based on hits (readers votes). We can have a story with 200 hits on it in 12 hours and it only moves up during the night when it’s on automatic. The rest of the time it’s editor’s choice, and I have no problem with that, but that’s why I don’t bother taking the time to do it anymore.

Well thats understandable but when the front page ends up lookin like this...

[align=center]Image [/align]

When Trev first installed this system ANYONE had the ability to add pics to a story but for some reason thats changed - maybe there was some abuse of that I dont know.

I realize its a small matter and when Hyack makes it around it will be rectified but my main reason for stating it is for those who dont know how to do it

or keep screwin it up :wink:

Just an FYI, I set up the Top Stories just after midnight.....all 3 stories had pics etc. I don't know what happened, but the stories I posted last night won't take today.

newfette @ Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:55 am

$1:
maybe there was some abuse of that I dont know.

hey didn't you screw with the pic on one of my news stories once? :P

mtbr @ Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:12 am

Figure out how to stop people from hacking your account and posting under your users name,or sending fake emails saying you have been banned and than closing your account.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 15  Next