Canada Kicks Ass
Translations

Proculation @ Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Since I came back here, I have noticed that the French/English translator was gone. It needed some adjustments since it didn't recognized accents (é,à, etc). But I ask Canadaka: what was the reason it was removed ? Ok it was not perfect but it was at least a good way to understrand french post for english speakers. I'm from Quebec and I read both language but sometimes I would like to post something interesting in french. But, if it would not be read since most people here speak english. Translators in 2009 are quite good. Sure, it wold not be a good thing to translate a blog because of the "slang". But a news article with good french is translated pretty well with Google.

Just a thought !

roger-roger @ Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:14 am

Ses options dans le sujet ....

Axeman @ Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:20 am

Proculation Proculation:
Since I came back here, I have noticed that the French/English translator was gone.

http://www.online-translator.com

roger-roger @ Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:20 am

Ahem, the translator is in topic options.

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:39 am

I think I need a new french to english translator. Mine keeps telling me tres chic means "3 chickens", moi aussi means "I'm Australian", Ooo la la means "where's the loo?" and tete a tete means "my bra is too tight"

Canadaka @ Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:21 am

I removed the per-post translate button to make the layout less cluttered, since it seemed it was not used often. I think most Quebecers who are on the internet can also read English.

But there is still a translate feature at the top of each topic page, click the "topic options" link on the right of the red bar at the top. It will translate the entire page in a print friendly view.

If there is some demand for per-post translate feature to be re-added I could do it. I have a nice fast ajax one on http://politwitter.ca/ which translates a tweet on-the-fly.