Canada Kicks Ass
Uh... Is anyone else getting this?

Previous  1  2

commanderkai @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Nope, I'm good on Firefox here as well

Public_Domain @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Okay, it's not Java.

Reading some stuff online... I almost certainly accidentally destroyed a font. It compensates by using the "next" font, which is Verdana Italics for me. And I made the problem slightly worse (it now looks like this on every single website, meanign I think i destroyed Times New Roman and Arial as well).

I am thinking I destroyed my favourite font, Verdana, :cry:

Public_Domain @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Okay, Verdana fixed.

Now... For Times New Roman... which apparently I have to steal, because Microsoft just linked me to a page demanding $30 for it.

Ugh.

EDIT: What the fucking fuck is going on... All this trouble for cleaning my PC a little, holy hell

EDIT2: Headache...

I can't even use Google properly, the title (and thus link) doesn't show! Fuck!

about.com about.com:
"What can you do if you've already deleted some of the required fonts? Don't panic. You can easily restore essential fonts by reinstalling Windows."
Fuck you Microsoft.

Public_Domain @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Every website other than CKA works. I'm back to not being able to read anything on CKA.

This process has destroyed my patience and made me extremely tired. I feel old. I need some 12 year old to do this for me.

commanderkai @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:25 pm

How did you delete, or have those fonts destroyed in the first place? Rather unique situation.

herbie @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:55 pm

system restore time

Public_Domain @ Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:36 am

commanderkai commanderkai:
How did you delete, or have those fonts destroyed in the first place? Rather unique situation.

A program like CCleaner, deleted free disk space, figured it'd be healthy for the system (since I've used this computer for years and filled it to capacity a few times now). Apparently deleted a little more than that.

Apparently slightly more common than I ever realized, and also completely ignored by Microsoft (as in, there is actually no proper way for me to get those fonts back, I have to do "other" things)

Downloading Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 gave me the fonts back, though something is still missing.

CKA uses some font that I can not find. The issue now is that there are no words, they aren't just invisible. Links don't exist at all.

Public_Domain @ Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 am

herbie herbie:
system restore time

I turned off system restore points.

Public_Domain @ Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:45 am

Okay problem completely fixed. Hurray! Thanks for listening to me lose my mind guys, :P

Apparently was missing Verdana Bold, Helvetica, Arial Black, and Andale Mono.

it also deleted my favourite font, Data Trash, :cry:

commanderkai @ Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
commanderkai commanderkai:

A program like CCleaner, deleted free disk space, figured it'd be healthy for the system (since I've used this computer for years and filled it to capacity a few times now). Apparently deleted a little more than that.

I love CCleaner. Great program, but if it did something like that, I'm a bit concerned. At least you were able to resolve the issue after a bit of Googling, heh.

Public_Domain @ Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:58 pm

I am concerned that it deleted more than just fonts, but I'm not sure. For the most part the program gave me logs saying it couldn't touch system files. Fonts, sadly, are not 'protected', they are very easy to delete.

Something focused on deleting free space shouldn't even be anywhere near files....

commanderkai @ Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
I am concerned that it deleted more than just fonts, but I'm not sure. For the most part the program gave me logs saying it couldn't touch system files. Fonts, sadly, are not 'protected', they are very easy to delete.

Something focused on deleting free space shouldn't even be anywhere near files....

I just did a CCleaner without any incident, so I think it's a bit more than just that program. You might have been remotely hacked and had those files deleted. Download Malwarebytes and Spyware Search&Destroy and do some full scans.

Public_Domain @ Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:59 pm

I got plenty of stuff to scan for such things. The program I used wasn't CCleaner. A far more intense version, but essentially the same thing. I don't think I'll ever use it again though. It was called "Eraser" and I was led to believe it was more powerful. It certainly took longer and gave me more information, but then it gave me a headache for the next 12 hours. Sticking with CCleaner from now on.

Previous  1  2