Canada Kicks Ass
Welcome to the new CKA phpbb3 forums!

Previous  1 ... 17  18  19  20  21  22  Next

Canadaka @ Thu May 22, 2008 12:41 pm

I don't see how people wouldn't be able to get in now...

I have recieved no emails from people not being able to get in since the first couple days. If someone can't login they should contact me via email or Messenger.

newfette you don't still get that error do you? I was updating that page, you probably loaded it during the update.

Yogi, it makes no sense that a link in a email would let you in and typing the url www.canadaka.net wouldn't. There is nothing special about a link in an email. Please contact me via email to give me more info. Can you access the rest of the site? Can you login to the rest of the site, what is the URL of this link in email, what browser are you using.

There is an ongoing issue where sporadicly the "url rewritting" will mess up and won't remove the "?SID=426569454907509ty46365fgr5" from the end of URLs. So if you see something like that at the end of a link, you know the link isn't going to work.

Good Link: /welcome-to-the-new-cka-phpbb3-forums-t63970-330.html
Bad Link: /welcome-to-the-new-cka-phpbb3-forums-t63970-330.html?SID=2352grg536547654y646y5476

Reloading the page will fix this. Hopefully I will find the cause, I have contacted the mod author for help.

Yogi @ Thu May 22, 2008 11:37 pm

Now, ( 15 hrs later) it appears that all is ok again. I have been able to get into and look around as well as post in all the forums. I haven't done anything different than before so I'm not much help with the 'why'! Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. As well, thanks for looking into this Trev.

Canadaka @ Sat May 24, 2008 2:34 pm

I didn't fix the broken link ?SID= problem but I figured out a way to make those links work, so at least you will not get 404 error pages when you click one.

Canadaka @ Mon May 26, 2008 7:55 pm

I have fixed the "Joined Date" problem, all the dates should be correct now.

I have also transfered over all the old "Favorites" settings to the new "Bookmarks".
ucp.php?i=main&mode=bookmarks

This feature is used to mark your favorite topics to remember them.

Streaker @ Mon May 26, 2008 8:16 pm

I'm still getting that "1 unread message" thing at the top of the forum page.

Canadaka @ Mon May 26, 2008 8:53 pm

Streaker Streaker:

Should be fixed now, i set the entire "unread" database fields to '0'. 355 users were affected. Some of those people might have actualy had unread messages... oh well.

Brenda @ Tue May 27, 2008 2:32 pm

The main log in page is broken... It keep getting me back to there, while I can log in from the forum page login thingy on the bottom of the page...

Canadaka @ Tue May 27, 2008 2:48 pm

GRRRRR I have no idea why the logins starting acting up again. I am looking into it, might take awhile though, I have to go out today.

Canadaka @ Tue May 27, 2008 2:54 pm

Whew I found the problem, was something easy and it was my fault. Something I added to the URL Rewriting rules.

It should work again now.

Brenda @ Tue May 27, 2008 3:20 pm

it does.

Thank you Trev!

[BB]

Canadaka @ Thu May 29, 2008 1:26 am

I added a blog button/link under the avatar if the user has a blog. And I moved the small gender icon into the hoverbox

Blue_Nose @ Thu May 29, 2008 5:12 am

Cool blog button!!

Not sure if you're still working on the issue, but that "sid" thing that pops up at the end of the url sometimes always (in my case) happens when I click on the Image icon in the "Last Post" column on the Recent Topics Scroll.

It seems to only happen the first time I click it after coming to the site - after that, they all seem to work properly.

Canadaka @ Thu May 29, 2008 5:19 am

Does the page still load with the SID in the URL though?

It does with thw full perminent topic urls like: canadaka-net-f4/welcome-to-the-new-cka-phpbb3-forums-t63970.html

newfette @ Thu May 29, 2008 5:23 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
Streaker Streaker:

Should be fixed now, i set the entire "unread" database fields to '0'. 355 users were affected. Some of those people might have actualy had unread messages... oh well.

I still get 1 unread message.

when I'm in my inbox it says 16/300 messages BUT theres only 15 messages in my inbox... I really dont know where to find that one elusive message

Canadaka @ Thu May 29, 2008 5:26 am

newfette newfette:
Canadaka Canadaka:
Streaker Streaker:

I still get 1 unread message.

when I'm in my inbox it says 16/300 messages BUT theres only 15 messages in my inbox... I really dont know where to find that one elusive message

what about now, I manualy set yur unread counter to 0.

Previous  1 ... 17  18  19  20  21  22  Next