Canada Kicks Ass
Welcome to the new CKA phpbb3 forums!

Previous  1 ... 18  19  20  21  22  Next

newfette @ Thu May 29, 2008 5:28 am

the counter up top is fixed but its still saying I have one unread in my inbox

*i moved everything to my saved box.. and its still saying i have one unread in my inbox (thats only when I go to my inbox.. not up top)

Blue_Nose @ Thu May 29, 2008 5:30 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
Does the page still load with the SID in the URL though?

It does with thw full perminent topic urls like: canadaka-net-f4/welcome-to-the-new-cka-phpbb3-forums-t63970.html
Nope, I just delete that part and then the pages loads fine.

Canadaka @ Thu May 29, 2008 6:15 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Canadaka Canadaka:
Does the page still load with the SID in the URL though?

It does with thw full perminent topic urls like: canadaka-net-f4/welcome-to-the-new-cka-phpbb3-forums-t63970.html
Nope, I just delete that part and then the pages loads fine.

Next time it happens can you copy and paste the URL here.

Blue_Nose @ Thu May 29, 2008 12:31 pm

Here it is, happened exactly as I described it:

post1253790?sid=20565e178ef42ce7daf4b82c31f0e8a7#p1253790

Interestingly enough, it didn't happen when I logged out and cleared my history and cache... it's only when I've been off the site for a while and come back on.

Canadaka @ Thu May 29, 2008 2:02 pm

cool thanks, it should now work

Brenda @ Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:50 pm

I was wondering Trev, could you add the smilies back when you use the quick reply?

I can find them in the "post reply", but not in the "quick reply"?

Canadaka @ Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:39 pm

flags are fixed, no idea how that was missing from the template. Profile should be fixed as well.

I still have to figure out why some profile pages take forever to load.

Canadaka @ Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:59 am

I am trying a setting on the web server which should help speed things up during peak times. So if you notice any errors during the next couple days while I test it out, please let me know.

I am also testing out something called "memcached" on the forums and slowly intigrate into other areas of the site. Many very large sites such as Wikipedia and Facebook use memcache.

hurley_108 @ Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:28 am

Small request? Can we get links from the forums opening in new windows again?

Canadaka @ Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:40 pm

not sure what you mean?

travior @ Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:40 pm

Lots of:

Service Unavailable
HTTP 500 Internal Error
PHP has encountered a problem at...

Issues today! 8O

hurley_108 @ Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:46 pm

WDHIII WDHIII:
Canadaka Canadaka:
not sure what you mean?

When you post a link in the forums it used to open up a new page - now it opens up THIS page to the link

IE

TSN

Yea, so you have to hit back to get back to CKA. It makes it easier to have a page open that someone's talking about while you write your post about it. The news links on the front page still open in new windows, but the links n the forum posts now open in the current window.

Canadaka @ Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:52 pm

I can change that, but you do know there are ways to open a link in a new window.. I always do this because you never know how a link is codec.

In almost every browser if you click a link with your middle mouse button it opens in a new window. I use a free addon to IE7 called IE7Pro that lets me left click and drag a link to open it in a new window, which is my habbit. I can also highlight a word and drag it to open a new google window searching that word.

$1:
Service Unavailable
HTTP 500 Internal Error
PHP has encountered a problem at...

Yes... something is going on, i didn't change anything today yet its going bonkers. IT was fine yesterday with the recent changes I made. I am going to rollback 1 change, see if that helps.

Canadaka @ Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:09 pm

yup i think I need to buy that new server. 2nd time i've gottena disk warning in the last month.

"The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable."

I think the drives are starting to fail, they are SCSI but the I bought this server back in Feb 2005 and it was a used server at the time. I think the average lifespan of a server harddrive that is working all the time is about 5 years.

hurley_108 @ Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:25 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
I can change that, but you do know there are ways to open a link in a new window.. I always do this because you never know how a link is codec.

In almost every browser if you click a link with your middle mouse button it opens in a new window. I use a free addon to IE7 called IE7Pro that lets me left click and drag a link to open it in a new window, which is my habbit. I can also highlight a word and drag it to open a new google window searching that word.

Yes, certainly, as I said' its just a small request. I just thought I'd put it out there. Thanks for running such an awesome site.

Previous  1 ... 18  19  20  21  22  Next