Canada Kicks Ass
Welcome to the new CKA phpbb3 forums!

Previous  1 ... 18  19  20  21  22

Canadaka @ Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:04 am

I know some people mentioned it awhile back, so i finally got around to adding a more advanced 'quick reply' box.

It has some quick select smilies, some options and the "quote selected" button which I like use a.

newfette @ Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:11 am

$1:
and the "quote selected" button which I like

:rock:

THANKS!

Brenda @ Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:57 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
I know some people mentioned it awhile back, so i finally got around to adding a more advanced 'quick reply' box.

It has some quick select smilies, some options and the "quote selected" button which I like use a.

You are the BEST Trev! Thank you! :D :D

USAFDude @ Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:35 am

ya this is freakin awesome [B-o]

Canadaka @ Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:16 pm

I have re-added the translate options on the topics. You will see them under the "Topic Options" dropdown on the top right of each topic page.

herbie @ Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:02 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
yup i think I need to buy that new server. 2nd time i've gottena disk warning in the last month.

"The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable."

I think the drives are starting to fail, they are SCSI but the I bought this server back in Feb 2005 and it was a used server at the time. I think the average lifespan of a server harddrive that is working all the time is about 5 years.

RAIS "redundant array of inexpensive servers"
2 cheap Asus/Foxconn boards with o/b video turned to lowest setting
2 AMD X2 chips
2 80GB SATAs for OS
2 320GB SATAs for /var
2 extra network cards
1 500-1000GB external backup
2 copies Ubuntu 8.04 server edition
cheep... one dies, give the 2nd it's outside IP and build another

Canadaka @ Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:01 am

I run Windows Servers and IIS since 2004, the new server will be run off Windows Server 2008 Web Edition which has vast improvements and IMO is the best server platform.

The wheels are in motion for a new server, the datacentre should be contacting me back tommorow with an updated quote for more server space, and Dell Canada should be phoning me back with a quote. They had 25% off there servers last week, now the special is gone, so i'm trying to still get it.

The current 2nd CKA server which hosts the MySQL database I share with a friend who paid 50% of the costs. He will be buying out the remaining 50% and I will be moving the MySQL over to the current main CKA server, hopefully after a nice format and some tender loving care, it will stil run for a couple years. It will run the MySQL and the IIS for the smaller sites I host.

The new server I am going to order will be 100% dedicated to CKA. I am getting a Dell PowerEdge R200 with the following specs:

1U Rack Server
Quad Core Intel Xeon X3220, 2.40GHz
4GB DDR2, 800MHz
146GB 15K RPM Serial-Attach SCSI 3Gbps
Windows ServerĀ® 2008, Web Edition

I could get something cheaper off ebay or craigslist like the other servers i have bought, but both of them have started having problems. So this time I want to buy something new with a warrenty. At 25% off i save almost $600 of the full price, but it will still cost around $1800.

CanAm1 @ Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:35 am

Hey Trev is there some way to drop the annoying information page after you hit post? I think you just redirected to your last post automatically before the upgrade to the new forum. Is that possible to go back to that. It just takes an annoyingly long time to get back to your last post and when your on a sticky thread like the Wil and Kitty radio thread or a game thread like the Person Above Me, it takes forever to reload and the action gets hot and fast in there sometimes. I do like the feature of showing other posts that have been created in between your typing your post and the time you left the page so that you can respond to newer subject matter though. Just a suggestion that some others say they dislike too. Thanks for all your hard work Trev! :rock:

Tyler_1 @ Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:47 am

Third! (If you don't mind :D )

Canadaka @ Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Yah i can mod in an instant re-driect. the way its like that is because for most people that arn't posting in "chat" style threads, after they post they will be moving on to another topic or forum. so that gives then X amount of seconds to click else where.

CanAm1 @ Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:08 pm

Can this be applied thread specific then? 8)

Canadaka @ Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:57 pm

I've been doing some cleanup on my servers and notice a bunch of referal domains in lots of the sites I host log files.

Turns out this site and others I host have been getting pounded by "Referal Spam".
http://www.iis-aid.com/articles/how_to_ ... pi_rewrite

I am taking measures to try and stop and reduce this from happening. Its just wasting server resources and possibly making the site slow down at times.

Brenda @ Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:48 pm

Trev, that little orange thingy (view first unread post) doesn't go away anymore once I read it.

Am I the only one that experiences that?

Canadaka @ Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:16 pm

test instant redirect

Previous  1 ... 18  19  20  21  22