Canada Kicks Ass
Welcome to the new CKA phpbb3 forums!

1  2  3  4  5 ... 22  Next

Canadaka @ Mon May 12, 2008 9:55 am

I have completed the first stage of upgrading the CKA forums from the old phpbb2 to the new phpbb3. It was a huge task made complicated because the database was so large and it wasn't a normal phpbb2 CKA ran, it was a heavily modifed version intigrated with phpnuke.

But the hard part is done, the new forums are operational! And the user accounts and login is intigrated between the forums and the rest of CKA. All the posts and other data from the old forums were migrated over.

Many of the features the old forums had are not yet present in the new forums, like advanced profile items like flag or hockey team. Or the forum medals and arcade. I will slowely be re-adding these features as I write scripts to convert the data over. I also want to run the forums without adding much mods for awhile, to make sure things are stable.

The new forums themselfs have a bunch of new features, many of which were things the old forums had, but now are stock. Like attaching files to posts, ignore lists, friends lists, bookmark/favorite topics, birthday, ext.

The new forum also has custom rewritten friendly URL's, which can make certain pages easier to remember, but mostly its for Search engines.

Take your time to poke around, you will want to check out your Control Panel first:
ucp.php
Many options that were on the old forums are missing, they will come back soon.
Some peoples signaures might be messed up, you will have to re-make your sigs.

There is also now functional forum search! I know some of you were missing that.
search.php
And the birthday bug is fixed, so you can change your age/birthday now.

---------------------

I'm sure there will be lots of quirks and bugs to fix, along with adding mods back. If you find and problems or errors, please let me know. And not just in the forums, anywhere on the site. Since many parts of the site link to the forums. Its a huge task updating all that as well.

newfette @ Mon May 12, 2008 10:46 am

you're my hero!

YAY

Robair @ Mon May 12, 2008 10:47 am

So, what cup of coffee are you on now Trev? 13th, 14th?

sandorski @ Mon May 12, 2008 10:48 am

You're Newfettes hero!!!

hehe, looks good so far.

TattoodGirl @ Mon May 12, 2008 10:49 am

Looks great Trev....great work

Canadaka @ Mon May 12, 2008 10:51 am

The forum index page is loading kinda slow right now, I will figure out why. I havn't done any speed tweaks yet.

If you have problems logging in, make sure you're all logged out, clear your cookies then restart your browser.

I had to create a new theme/template for the new forums, but i decided to make it fairly close to the old one, so i'm not overwelming people with change. I will be adding more to this template though, like the hover profile info box.

Brenda @ Mon May 12, 2008 10:54 am

Thanks Trev! We owe you one! :lol:

Brenda @ Mon May 12, 2008 10:59 am

Hey! My sig is gone! :?

newfette @ Mon May 12, 2008 11:01 am

yeah he said in the first post that you may need to redo it

martin14 @ Mon May 12, 2008 11:03 am

is my sig still around ??

Brenda @ Mon May 12, 2008 11:03 am

:oops: ok

Sorry, it is a typical Monday here :?

newfette @ Mon May 12, 2008 11:06 am

Brenda Brenda:
:oops: ok

Sorry, it is a typical Monday here :?

that's alright... just dont let it happen again... 90 lashes next time

OH i like this new setup with the colours on the side

ziggy @ Mon May 12, 2008 11:13 am

Nice job Trev.

Any idea when the alliance section will be back up?

I found a nice loophole that needs to be shared(legal one) :wink:

wildrosegirl @ Mon May 12, 2008 11:17 am

Looks fantastic, Trevor!

Thanks for all of your hard work, and getting things up and running again so quickly.

Hyack @ Mon May 12, 2008 11:18 am

test

1  2  3  4  5 ... 22  Next