Canada Kicks Ass
WIP: CKA Blogs!

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  Next

Blue_Nose @ Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:10 am

ugh... that's what I ended up with after putting random colours in to test it... looked just as bad as the purple people eater :lol: it's fixed now, though.

Canadaka @ Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:29 am

well i'm glad some people are starting to use the blogs, will give me motivation to work on it more.

Some new to do's:
- clean up the recently updated blogs at bottom of forum index
- email blog owner when a comment is added to there blog entry (maybe make it an option to enable/disable)

Canadaka @ Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:44 pm

Did some work on the blogs tonight, fixed up the blog listings page.

http://www.canadaka.net/blogs

from there a new features page is linked
http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?nam ... g_features

Also changed the listings of recent blog updates at the bottom of the forums index.

Blue_Nose @ Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:56 pm

Hey Canadaka, I had some trouble with the blog today. I double posted by accident, and I couldn't go back and edit or delete either. For some reason, a few minutes later I could delete one.

Now I can't seem to delete a comment on the post I'd made explaining all this.

I also notices that viewing the comments made on a post is a bit awkward. Is there anyway to change it to the way the comments work on the news page (the way the comment window just expands in the same window)?

Canadaka @ Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:52 pm

debug? did it say something about smtp?

I will make the comments fit mroe into peopls colour scheme.

I will try to put some time into the blog system this week, there is a bunch of little bugs I need to sort out. Like the links on the calendar don't work.

Blue_Nose @ Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:53 pm

Things I wouldn't hate to see in the 'blogs (if you happen to be working on them in the near future):

- a "watch this blog" feature, like the threads have.

- similarly, something that notifies the owner when a comment is made.

- when I try to delete a comment made in my 'blog (one that I made), it says "Sorry, such file doesn't exist..."

- the comment dropdown instead of the new page, that I already mentioned.

Enjoying the new feature, by the way! I didn't think I'd have any use for "blogs", but my own has been quite useful to me, and others' have been an interesting read.

Arctic_Menace @ Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:57 pm

Yeah, I can't even edit posts, it says "page not found"...

Canadaka @ Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:43 pm

damnit! i made a big long post, then the forum took a crap and I lost it.

I am fixing the edit links now, along with some other things.

blog watch and comment notifications will come, i need to make that from scratch.

Arctic_Menace @ Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:57 pm

Cool, thanks Trev! :D

Canadaka @ Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:03 pm

I fixed the listing of updated blogs at the bottom of the forums, they were in the right order, but the dates were totaly out of wack.

many of the links on the blog page will work now, including the edit and delete.

The calendar is being a bastard though, loads blank pages.

Newfy @ Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:25 pm

I've just found a problem with my blog. If you select the person has added a personal photo icon it takes you to kitty's profile. Not that i mind but i don't want people thinkin i'm a tranny now do i.

Arctic_Menace @ Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:28 am

Okay, so I have a list of complaints about the blogs....

#1.

Why the Hell does it keep reverting from white to black background? I want it to stay black dammit! :x

#2.

When I tried to post a new entry today, it kept posting it 4 posts below the most recent one. Any clue as to why?

#3.

In the Bazaar of Awesomeness, the addresses aren't registering as links. I hate that. :x

And those are pretty much my complaints. If I find any more, I'll let you know...

usababe @ Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:03 pm

okay, i'm stupid. how do i write stuff in my blog?

usababe @ Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:20 pm

nope...nothing like that....just a login/logout under the menu bar at the top right corner....

usababe @ Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:37 pm

yeah, i tried that, still no luck.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  Next