Canada Kicks Ass
Best places to live in Canada

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

RUEZ @ Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:54 pm

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Hands down.....Vancouver, BC
Only if you're rich. The only good thing about Vancouver is the mild weather. Try buying a house, or even a condo.

TattoodGirl @ Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:55 pm

Banff Banff:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
rain in the city....means snow on the slopes :D

with creeks running down on top of the snow and slush

where are u boarding? [?]

Banff @ Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:57 pm

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Banff Banff:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
rain in the city....means snow on the slopes :D

with creeks running down on top of the snow and slush

where are u boarding? [?]

hence the name -Banff

TattoodGirl @ Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:00 pm

Blackcomb/Whistler still better....

Arctic_Menace @ Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:05 pm

Tremblant has it's charm. :wink: Don't knock Quebec until you've tried it. :wink:

Banff @ Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:14 pm

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:

honestly I used to pound the slopes of Louise , Norquay , and Sunshine pretty much since I could walk and some seasons every day especially in -40c because noone was on the slopes ....so I could make 130 kmph -18000Celcius wind chill factor runs .

Now I look for a hill and only see 180 degrees of stars at night one province over but I ask you , have you ever wiped out on one of those snow top creeks and felt a sopping wet splash ? wouldn't whistler be a likely place for that ?

TattoodGirl @ Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:35 pm

Banff Banff:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:

honestly I used to pound the slopes of Louise , Norquay , and Sunshine pretty much since I could walk and some seasons every day especially in -40c because noone was on the slopes ....so I could make 130 kmph -18000Celcius wind chill factor runs .

Now I look for a hill and only see 180 degrees of stars at night one province over but I ask you , have you ever wiped out on one of those snow top creeks and felt a sopping wet splash ? wouldn't whistler be a likely place for that ?

oh hell ya....but at least i can rest my wounds watching the sunset over the ocean in English Bay.... :wink:
nothing beats that.

TattoodGirl @ Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:36 pm

But when Vancouver wears thin....Ucluelet/Tofino....Westcoast of the Island is the place to be.

Banff @ Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:37 pm

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Banff Banff:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:

oh hell ya....but at least i can rest my wounds watching the sunset over the ocean in English Bay.... :wink:
nothing beats that.

on a sunny day that is :wink:
Banff is one of the sunniest places in the country but I kid you not where I am "IS" the sunniest place in Canada . This summer it was 30C every day for more than 2 months and it only rained twice :lol: but you are right about the beach ...things don't even grow here , I mowed my lawn once this year :lol:

USCAdad @ Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:46 pm

Vancouver's pretty fine. English Bay is great, though I prefer Wreck. Kaslo is my favorite place. I'd love to have a place back up in the Lardeau.

TattoodGirl @ Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:48 am

There ya go....BC is the place..... :wink:

RUEZ @ Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:14 am

Banff Banff:
on a sunny day that is :wink:
Banff is one of the sunniest places in the country but I kid you not where I am "IS" the sunniest place in Canada . This summer it was 30C every day for more than 2 months and it only rained twice :lol: but you are right about the beach ...things don't even grow here , I mowed my lawn once this year :lol:
You must be talking about the Okanagan because there is no where hotter in the summer than there.

USCAdad @ Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:17 am

Osoyoos?

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:39 am

Anyplace you are happy, gainfully employed and yor kids are getting a quality education and can grow up relatively safe. That's the best place in Canada and surprisingly enough that could be anywhere, well except for Iceowl's basement of course :lol: .

Pimpbrewski @ Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:10 pm

A great post Kate.

Of course, there are many factors to consider to whichever regions.

Let's say going by the major cities:

Montreal
Vancouver
Toronto
Edmonton and so forth.

What makes each of them special?

For example, Vancouver is expensive to live. But there has to be something to it. Actually never been there. Hence the reason I am asking.

What about Surrey BC? Seems like a nice place.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next