Canada Kicks Ass
Best places to live in Canada

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ziggy @ Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:23 pm

Pimpbrewski Pimpbrewski:
Ok then, I was only asking about Surrey because it was a suburb of Vancouver. Since Vancouver itself is an expensive place, I assumed that maybe the suburb was maybe more affordable.

Anyways, what about any other places in Canada ?

Alberta has plenty of jobs. Is it nice to live over there ?

Ontario should have great communities.

I am not suggesting a region over another. I only would like some information.

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Depends on where you want to live,in the mountains or the bald ass prarie,not much for work if you live in the mountains unless you want to do the tourist thing in banff/Canmore or live farther south in the mountains and work in the coalmines just over the border in BC. They are hiring also. :wink:

Pimpbrewski @ Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:14 pm

Thanks Zig and Lil,

Well, Ziggy, you live in Alberta. How is it there? We keep hearing how Alberta is the place to be. Meaning for jobs and all. I know the real estate market is a little high. But still, Jobs are plenty.

Like I commented on BC earlier, does the salary compensate for the high real estate market ?

I mean, it could be anywhere in Canada. Canada is a great country man. I wanna know a little more. There has to be some great regions to talk about.

ziggy @ Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:26 pm

Pimpbrewski Pimpbrewski:
Thanks Zig and Lil,

Well, Ziggy, you live in Alberta. How is it there? We keep hearing how Alberta is the place to be. Meaning for jobs and all. I know the real estate market is a little high. But still, Jobs are plenty.

Like I commented on BC earlier, does the salary compensate for the high real estate market ?

I mean, it could be anywhere in Canada. Canada is a great country man. I wanna know a little more. There has to be some great regions to talk about.
The old house across from me went for around $30,000 a few years ago,today its been sold for $140,000. But it's speculation about a huge condo development that setting that off.......again.

Tell me what you do for a living and maybe I can help you out. Alberta isnt real estate crazy yet,BC is though.

Scape @ Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:34 pm

Victoria has a rep as being the place for the newly wed and the nearly dead. I think it's paradise. I have been to every province in Canada and I choose the island and I know I am not the only one. Half the people here are from someplace else and the common theme is they choose to live here. Victorians are one of most traveled peoples in Canada as well yet they call Victoria home.

Pimpbrewski @ Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:16 pm

ziggy ziggy:

Tell me what you do for a living and maybe I can help you out. Alberta isnt real estate crazy yet,BC is though.

I do Accounting. It's more like a desk job. I know, it's not manual work. Keep hearing about jobs in the oil fields. Yes, but there are other jobs in AB.

Only assumed that out west would be better. Hence the reason asking about BC and Alberta. The economy is great over there.

The appeals are the economy and friendly people.

ziggy @ Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:29 pm

Pimpbrewski Pimpbrewski:
ziggy ziggy:

I do Accounting. It's more like a desk job. I know, it's not manual work. Keep hearing about jobs in the oil fields. Yes, but there are other jobs in AB.

Only assumed that out west would be better. Hence the reason asking about BC and Alberta. The economy is great over there.

The appeals are the economy and friendly people.

Well,throw in a resume,this place is just in BC,lots of cheap real estate still around but not for long,half hour out of Fernie,half hour from AB.

elk valley coal corporation

New2Canada @ Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:13 pm

Montreal or Toronto. :)

Ripcat @ Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:52 pm

On the shores of Lake Huron.

Banff @ Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:25 pm

Ripcat Ripcat:
On the shores of Lake Huron.

Wow nice pic ...thats what I always liked about the great lakes . Last time I was at the beach of Lake Huron I was sick with a cold so I swam in the jacuzzi (Lake Simcoe) at night .

BlackAfricanCat @ Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:21 am

I need someone to help me overhere.I am willing to relocate to canada to study and i would like to inqure something from you guys.Can I own a c$100000 apartment in toronto? or ottawa ?What are the basic utilities that I can afford without adding any extra coin?What about entertainment. If I am willing to add more cheeddah(money) I would probably add 50 Grad nothing more!

TattoodGirl @ Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:38 am

BlackAfricanCat BlackAfricanCat:
I need someone to help me overhere.I am willing to relocate to canada to study and i would like to inqure something from you guys.Can I own a c$100000 apartment in toronto? or ottawa ?What are the basic utilities that I can afford without adding any extra coin?What about entertainment. If I am willing to add more cheeddah(money) I would probably add 50 Grad nothing more!

No stay where you come from...Canada is full.

coaster_dot @ Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:01 am

There are two places I would like to live and that's Calgary or Winnipeg. However, since I would be applying for immigration and my "degree" isn't in demand I would need to live a area with a great economy. I would hate to spend all the money to move, not find a job, and live in a crappy apartment for 5 years when I know I could be living good at home.

I do like B.C a lot. It would be cool to live in Vancouver but I doubt I could find affordable housing or a job there. The only other places I think would be good for my degree would be Toronto or Montreal. But after visiting those cities a few times I don't know if I would be as happy living there as I would somewhere in the northwest.

The other thing I want to take into consideration would be recreation and social. I am not the most out going person and I would hate to move somewhere and not make friends. So finding a place to live that shares the same interests and recreation as where I live now would be nice.

Faye @ Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Housing is expensive in Vancouver, but it also depends on your needs. I love the combination of mountains and sea over here.

angler57 @ Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:33 am

Gore Bay
Northern passage Lake Huron
Manitoulin Island, Ontario
Population; Less than 1,000.

PostFactum @ Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:03 am

I would choose Ottawa, DKN why, maybe because it's the capital, the climate is OK and Niagara Falls not so far)

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next