Canada Kicks Ass
Tim Horton's dark roast

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Jabberwalker @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:44 pm

"Short, Tall, Grande, Venti, Super-Magnifico" This is why I really hate Starbuck's ... pretentious crapola with caffeine in it.

raydan @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:47 pm

andyt andyt:
I just make my own.

So do I, in one of these...

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:19 pm

I bought some Co-op Gold Canadian Blend. It's pretty good.

Gunnair @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
Take out a second mortgage and go to Starbucks every morning.

Baby needs new shoes, man. Timmy's is good enough for now.

Beans at Costco are a decent price.

Gunnair @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:24 pm

raydan raydan:
andyt andyt:
I just make my own.

So do I, in one of these...

Like!

herbie @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:47 pm

That's why we didn't like Timmies. The dark roast is one hell of an improvement in taste.
HATE weak coffee.

Unsound @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:50 pm

The french press is nice, but I'm quite happy with my Keurig for home coffee making. If I need some while I'm out 7-11 is my first choice. The problem is Tim's is so ubiquitous that if you don't care for their coffee you miss out on a lot of free coffee from co-workers or customers or bosses and such. Not to mention the 20s of dollars worth of Tim's gift cards that I've been given that have disappeared into the furthest reaches of my junk drawer because they never got used.

BeaverFever @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:20 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
Junkie.

Yep Definitely need a kick-start most mornings!

I actually don't buy cups of coffee often. I French press on weekends usually have some gourmet beans for that, I like to try different kinds. Honestly I think its more about the fresh grind than the beans though as long as you buy something half decent. . During the week I just set the timer on the drip coffee maker to auto-brew in the morning. Waking up to the smell of coffee already brewing makes starting the workday a little easier and it's easier to clean. I use already ground PC dark roast for that. .

At work its free coffee, one of those Starbucks dispensers that grinds the beans on demand.

Jabberwalker @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:24 pm

[ I brew up a liter of coffee at home every day and that usually holds me all day ... Timmy's once in a while, Starbucks once a year.]

I can walk to Timmy's head office in ten minutes so I feel a certain familial patriotism about employing my neighbours.

herbie @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:09 pm

Got a Tassimo last Christmas and then someone gave us their Keureg.
I know why, now we're spending $80 a month for coffee at home instead of a $12 can of Kirkland Columbian.
Still, I love visiting Terrace and having a good Safeway donut and a Starbucks to wake up to.

Hyack @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:29 pm

herbie herbie:
I know why, now we're spending $80 a month for coffee at home instead of a $12 can of Kirkland Columbian.
Still, I love visiting Terrace and having a good Safeway donut and a Starbucks to wake up to.

Who the Hell in their right mind would love visiting Terrace.....for any reason....

Gunnair @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:32 pm

Hyack Hyack:
herbie herbie:

Who the Hell in their right mind would love visiting Terrace.....for any reason....

Yep. Might as well hit Trail and Grand Forks for the trifecta.

andyt @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:13 pm

Grant Forks Hotel used to have fantastic Russian/Ukrainian food. We would always stop there on our way back from the Slocan Chief cabin at Kokanee Glacier. Amazing how good food tastes after eating slorp for a week.

Hyack @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:45 pm

andyt andyt:
Grant Forks Hotel used to have fantastic Russian/Ukrainian food.

Strange, that's about the only thing that comes to mind when thinking of Grand Forks.....

Strutz @ Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Will keep that in mind to try when I return to civilization in a few weeks for a few days.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next