Canada Kicks Ass
Tim Hortons --- what happened to the good old days?

Previous  1  2  3  Next

stratos @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 am

Find mom and pop type shops with doughnuts. Better yet a true doughnut shop. Got one near me and the people working there are supper nice. [drool]

DrCaleb @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:02 am

Cannibal. :P

herbie @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:43 am

We have a grocery on the rez with a bakery that reheats frozen donuts even worse than Timmies.
Been bugging them for maple long johns, but they "can't get" maple icing for almost two years. There's 2 brands of icing sugar, 4 brand of butter and umpteen types of maple syrup or flavouring a couple aisles away.
The bakery manager doesn't know how to make icing....

DrCaleb @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:52 am

herbie herbie:

Butter . . sugar. . . stir. . . not rocket surgery.

Perhaps its true that managers can't do.

stratos @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:38 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
herbie herbie:

Bite your tongue there young man.

stratos @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:39 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Well one lady there does look tasty to me. [drool]

DrCaleb @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:53 am

stratos stratos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
herbie herbie:

Bite your tongue there young man.

Get off my lawn.

raydan @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:25 pm

stratos stratos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I lick them to make sure they are. :oops:

stratos @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:54 pm

raydan raydan:
stratos stratos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I lick them to make sure they are. :oops:

I would get arrest for sexual harassment :lol:

bootlegga @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:40 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Come to Sacramento and I'll introduce you to a place where there's a Viennese trained Vietnamese pastry chef who makes the worlds' lightest, tastiest doughnuts!! [drool]

Manley's Donuts on Florin Road. :wink:

Personally, my go-to donut shop in California is Stan's Donuts in Santa Clara:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/restaurants ... 733329.php

[drool]

bootlegga @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:43 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Come to Sacramento and I'll introduce you to a place where there's a Viennese trained Vietnamese pastry chef who makes the worlds' lightest, tastiest doughnuts!! [drool]

Sounds [drool]

There is a place here in Edmonton that is on the top of the list in Canada, Dutchess Bake shop. [drool] The owner trained in a French Patisserie, and worked in Tokyo for a long time.

On Tuesdays, she makes the famous 'Paris Brest', a hazelnut cream filled ball of joy. [drool]

There is also a Kosher bakery that makes the fluffiest gluten free doughnuts - just not on Fridays. ;)

Duchess is good, but over-priced in my opinion. If you want delicious kosher donuts, Bliss Baked Goods makes an incredible cream or jelly-filled doughnut (sadly only during Hanukkah). :(

If you don't mind paying more for a doughnut, Destination Doughnuts or Donut Party make pretty incredible doughtnuts.

raydan @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:52 pm

I'm too cheap to buy a $4 doughnut. :evil:

herbie @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:56 pm

Shit, I'm too cheap to pay SaveOn $4.99 for 5 thawed donuts. Do without until I hit WalMarts 6 for $1 donuts every few weeks....
AFAIK there's only ONE bakery left in Prince George, and it has very few donuts. HINT: that's a wide open business opportunity...

DrCaleb @ Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:36 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Sounds [drool]

There is a place here in Edmonton that is on the top of the list in Canada, Dutchess Bake shop. [drool] The owner trained in a French Patisserie, and worked in Tokyo for a long time.

On Tuesdays, she makes the famous 'Paris Brest', a hazelnut cream filled ball of joy. [drool]

There is also a Kosher bakery that makes the fluffiest gluten free doughnuts - just not on Fridays. ;)

Duchess is good, but over-priced in my opinion. If you want delicious kosher donuts, Bliss Baked Goods makes an incredible cream or jelly-filled doughnut (sadly only during Hanukkah). :(

If you don't mind paying more for a doughnut, Destination Doughnuts or Donut Party make pretty incredible doughtnuts.

I was speaking of Bliss above. ;)

Dutchess may be expensive, but you are paying for the experience and talent of the chef. Not for every day, but I think it's worth a treat once in a while.

DrCaleb @ Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:44 am

And, I've made up my mind about this, if they raise the price of a cuppa again, I'll not likely buy there any more. My company provides free Starbucks coffee and tea in every break room, and $2 was lots. $2.25 was pushing it. $2.30 is my limit.

Previous  1  2  3  Next