Canada Kicks Ass
Tim Hortons --- what happened to the good old days?

Previous  1  2  3

stratos @ Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:59 am

Went to the doughnut place near my work, nice people one with that tasty looking lady. Another patron was in there with their dog, Duke, dang dog stole the show. He had all of us playing with him and feeding him doughnut holes. Fun time in the doughnut shop is a great way to start your day.

bootlegga @ Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:49 am

herbie herbie:
Shit, I'm too cheap to pay SaveOn $4.99 for 5 thawed donuts. Do without until I hit WalMarts 6 for $1 donuts every few weeks....
AFAIK there's only ONE bakery left in Prince George, and it has very few donuts. HINT: that's a wide open business opportunity...

Just so you know, those 6 donuts for $1 are frozen too, but I guess they are cheaper than Save-On.

I don't know if there is a Sobey's near you, but the Sobey's here in Edmonton still bake their donuts fresh (same with Safeway).

bootlegga @ Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:51 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Sounds [drool]

There is a place here in Edmonton that is on the top of the list in Canada, Dutchess Bake shop. [drool] The owner trained in a French Patisserie, and worked in Tokyo for a long time.

On Tuesdays, she makes the famous 'Paris Brest', a hazelnut cream filled ball of joy. [drool]

There is also a Kosher bakery that makes the fluffiest gluten free doughnuts - just not on Fridays. ;)

Duchess is good, but over-priced in my opinion. If you want delicious kosher donuts, Bliss Baked Goods makes an incredible cream or jelly-filled doughnut (sadly only during Hanukkah). :(

If you don't mind paying more for a doughnut, Destination Doughnuts or Donut Party make pretty incredible doughtnuts.

I was speaking of Bliss above. ;)

Dutchess may be expensive, but you are paying for the experience and talent of the chef. Not for every day, but I think it's worth a treat once in a while.

I thought you were talking about Bliss, but I wasn't sure and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on another great doughnut place. :lol:

herbie @ Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:07 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
herbie herbie:
Shit, I'm too cheap to pay SaveOn $4.99 for 5 thawed donuts. Do without until I hit WalMarts 6 for $1 donuts every few weeks....
AFAIK there's only ONE bakery left in Prince George, and it has very few donuts. HINT: that's a wide open business opportunity...

Just so you know, those 6 donuts for $1 are frozen too, but I guess they are cheaper than Save-On.

I don't know if there is a Sobey's near you, but the Sobey's here in Edmonton still bake their donuts fresh (same with Safeway).

It's a matter of frozen donuts being all you can choose from.

There's no Sobey's in BC AFAIK, but I always hit Safeway when I'm in Terrace, they still have an in store bakery. The best!
What became of Robin's Donuts? They were the one in the 1970s, but the last one I knew of closed in Quesnel in the early 2000s

PluggyRug @ Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:39 am

Ate hundreds of these when visiting Blackpool.

Previous  1  2  3