Canada Kicks Ass
Tim Hortons --- what happened to the good old days?

1  2  3  Next

CharlesAnthony @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:05 am

How many Tim Hortons employees does it take to change a light bulb?

herbie @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:51 am

3 to complain to the manager about it, three managers to file the report to head office and the entire HR department to hire a TFW that knows how you change a light bulb....

DrCaleb @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:05 pm

herbie herbie:
a TFW that knows how you change a light bulb who can't make change for $2.30 from a $5, a quarter and a nickle....

FTFY

Thanos @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:48 pm

tell me 'bout the good ol' days, when good donuts never went away.... :mrgreen:

DrCaleb @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:57 pm

You can still get good doughnuts. Just not at Tims'.

Most everything at Tims is . . .adequate. Even the tea is passable. It's just not great. And they wonder why profit dropped last year . . .

BartSimpson @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:15 pm

Come to Sacramento and I'll introduce you to a place where there's a Viennese trained Vietnamese pastry chef who makes the worlds' lightest, tastiest doughnuts!! [drool]

Manley's Donuts on Florin Road. :wink:

Thanos @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:19 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Most everything at Tims is . . .adequate. Even the tea is passable. It's just not great. And they wonder why profit dropped last year . . .

Given the nature of hedge-fund billionaires anyone who gets things at Tim's or Wendy's is damn lucky the Brazilian thieves that now own those places haven't cut a deal with China to load up the "food" and drink their with the same formaldehyde that ended up in the pet food at WalMart. That's where the decline of both places began, when some aristocrats from a Latin American slave-state like Brazil took the master corporation over.

DrCaleb @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:32 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Come to Sacramento and I'll introduce you to a place where there's a Viennese trained Vietnamese pastry chef who makes the worlds' lightest, tastiest doughnuts!! [drool]

Manley's Donuts on Florin Road. :wink:

Sounds [drool]

There is a place here in Edmonton that is on the top of the list in Canada, Dutchess Bake shop. [drool] The owner trained in a French Patisserie, and worked in Tokyo for a long time.

On Tuesdays, she makes the famous 'Paris Brest', a hazelnut cream filled ball of joy. [drool]

There is also a Kosher bakery that makes the fluffiest gluten free doughnuts - just not on Fridays. ;)

raydan @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:32 pm

Once upon a time there was a Timmies,
Where we used to raise a cup or two.
Remember how we laughed away the hours,
Think of all the great things we would do.

DrCaleb @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:34 pm

Thanos Thanos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Given the nature of hedge-fund billionaires anyone who gets things at Tim's or Wendy's is damn lucky the Brazilian thieves that now own those places haven't cut a deal with China to load up the "food" and drink their with the same formaldehyde that ended up in the pet food at WalMart. That's where the decline of both places began, when some aristocrats from a Latin American slave-state like Brazil took the master corporation over.

I might be mistaken, but those same Pampa Hedge fund peeps might be the same ones burning the rainforest to produce more cattle that people are stopping eating.

In any case, Tims only gets $2.30 a week from me, because I need a cup of tea after playing video games till all hours of the evening. ;)

herbie @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:42 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
herbie herbie:
a TFW that knows how you change a light bulb who can't make change for $2.30 from a $5, a quarter and a nickle....

FTFY

Didn't have any TFWs, just had dozens of Grade 12 doing their work experience time who couldn't read the clock, make change or pick up a broom without being told to. Did the ceiling flourescents myself that would've used up their full week to learn!

Read a damn good article a while back about how Timmie could save itself by reverting back to it's traditional coffee and doughnuts. Now I'll get Starbucks coffee and eat WalMart 6/$1 doughnuts because I don't want a fucking tofu, kale, fake egg and maple syrup in a toasted 12 grain ciabatta bun.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:17 pm

Timmies was at it's best BEFORE they starting trying to do everything all while cutting back on staff at the same time. I still go buy the occasional coffee and donut, but not nearly as much as I used to. I'm also pondering switching to Starbucks for a coffee fix, because their customer service is amazing (I work Uber Eats on the side).

They need to get back to just coffee, donuts, and breakfast. Getting rid of that Beyond Meat nonsense was the first step. Customer service needs to be improved, as well as the disposal of their expanded menu in favour of simpler fare.

Also... I don't use the drive-thru, as I prefer to walk in, but I've heard (and seen first hand) that their drive-thrus are SLOW. Imagine being behind two cars in line when all you want is a coffee, and the people in front of you are ordering full lunches.

This was also covered on talk radio last week as well.

Tim's has some work to do.

-J.

Freakinoldguy @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:08 pm

raydan raydan:
Once upon a time there was a Timmies,
Where we used to raise a cup or two.
Remember how we laughed away the hours,
Think of all the great things we would do.

Well played sir.

Ah, those were the days. [B-o]

Freakinoldguy @ Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Timmies was at it's best BEFORE they starting trying to do everything all while cutting back on staff at the same time. I still go buy the occasional coffee and donut, but not nearly as much as I used to. I'm also pondering switching to Starbucks for a coffee fix, because their customer service is amazing (I work Uber Eats on the side).

They need to get back to just coffee, donuts, and breakfast. Getting rid of that Beyond Meat nonsense was the first step. Customer service needs to be improved, as well as the disposal of their expanded menu in favour of simpler fare.

Also... I don't use the drive-thru, as I prefer to walk in, but I've heard (and seen first hand) that their drive-thrus are SLOW. Imagine being behind two cars in line when all you want is a coffee, and the people in front of you are ordering full lunches.

-J.

What they really need is to get their coffee blend back from McDonalds who must have stolen it since Tim's keeps denying they sold it. XD

DrCaleb @ Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:51 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

-J.

Slowest drive thru is still A&W. All I want is breakfast sandwich, and it takes 20 minutes.

I still go to Tims down the road for tea.

1  2  3  Next