Canada Kicks Ass
Why Canada Kicks Ass!!!

1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  Next

Geed @ Tue May 31, 2005 5:21 pm

>dshlsdfsdfsl;f

Constantinople @ Tue May 31, 2005 6:14 pm

The day a Canadian posts something like this without having examples that deride America, is the day that I have to start worrying about America's dominance. Until then, it is exhiliarating to see it.

Franco Unamerican @ Tue May 31, 2005 6:22 pm

Its all in good fun !!! :roll:

blubs @ Tue May 31, 2005 6:24 pm

Your list of canadian inventions is quite impressive. However I must point out that the Zamboni was invented in california by frank zamboni in the early forties.
I think it is kinda ironic the zamboni was invented in a state where there isnt any snow. The northern states yeah or canada. If you want to find out more go to zamboni.com.
I am not slamming you but I thought I sshould bring it to your attention. BTW I am a proud canuck.

The Hoser @ Tue May 31, 2005 6:32 pm

I'm still reeling from the last all-nighter I pulled debating over this very same list... Great list, though.

Oh, and at risk of starting a repeat of previously named thread, I would wager that I could prove each and everything on the list (Save the Zamboni) But I don't have the time tonight.

W.Bush Esquire @ Tue May 31, 2005 6:41 pm

ahh repeat of the same fabrications. How many threads of this stuff really needs to be shown? Oh yah, hows it goin sadblue.

The Hoser @ Tue May 31, 2005 7:13 pm

The list is not entirly false.

I'm not at liberty to say who invented Smarties, or any Nestle product. It was probably designed by a team of people.

CFL football has a larger field, which encurages more passing plays than rushing plays. The ball is also larger, though for why I can't tell you.

Baseball was first played in then-Upper Canada, in 1838, 1 year before it's "invention" by a Newyorker

Lacrosse was invented by the natives, though I couldn't tell you if it pre-dates European arrival.

Hockey, obviously, is Canadian

Basketball was invented by a Canadian named James A. Naismith

Who knows who first made Apple Pie?

Mr.Dressup does, in fact, kick Mr.Rogers ass. Go screw yourself, Mr.Nieghbor.

Up until Tim Hortons sold out to Wendys, Tim Hortons cofee, donoughts and the like were much better than one from Dunkin' Donuts. And they spelt it how it right.

Don't make me link the War of 1812... Who cares if it was mainly British fighting, they were all living in Canada, or lived in Canada after the war. They are all, officially, Canadians. King wasn't the PM then... We didn't have a PM... King was PM during WWII.

It is true, we have the only mjor French population that never surrendered to Germany... Sure, it's a moot point, and it really doesn't count for much, but it's true nontheless.

Although another moot point, is also true that Canada has the largest english population to ever lose a war.

The one about the civil war is just making fun of yours.

Plaid rules.

I can go on and on, but my point is that it's not all false.

ziggy @ Tue May 31, 2005 7:41 pm

$1:
Don't make me link the War of 1812... Who cares if it was mainly British fighting, they were all living in Canada, or lived in Canada after the war. They are all, officially, Canadians.
It was the British navy,they weren't Canucks as much as some like to think so but it is an interesting story on how they feasted at the white house before scorching it. It used to be pink and was whitewashed to cover the black scorch marks and then was known as the "White house".

Pimpbrewski @ Tue May 31, 2005 8:00 pm

I learned something since I always considered Baseball to be purely American. (and invented in the US).

Geed Geed:
>23. A Canadian invented Superman.

Also, don't forget about Winnie the Poo :lol: :lol: PDT_Armataz_01_11 PDT_Armataz_01_11 PDT_Armataz_01_11

And oh yea !!!!!! Canada does kick ass

Scarecrow @ Tue May 31, 2005 9:13 pm

Not again... not again.... If you two start arguing, I'll run you ever next month when I get my licence.

W.Bush Esquire @ Tue May 31, 2005 9:15 pm

Ha ha argue about what? I come in peace.

Constantinople @ Tue May 31, 2005 11:11 pm

$1:

Mr. Rogers was a Navy Seal. He'd be the one kicking Mr. Dessup's ass.

$1:
Up until Tim Hortons sold out to Wendys, Tim Hortons cofee, donoughts and the like were much better than one from Dunkin' Donuts. And they spelt it how it right.

Yeah, but Krispy Kreme beats them all.

$1:
Don't make me link the War of 1812... Who cares if it was mainly British fighting, they were all living in Canada, or lived in Canada after the war. They are all, officially, Canadians.

Yeah, and isn't Canada still part of the British Commonwealth?

$1:
Although another moot point, is also true that Canada has the largest english population to ever lose a war.

Sure you worded that right?

$1:
The one about the civil war is just making fun of yours.

Yeah, God forbid we free the slaves... :roll:

DerbyX @ Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:10 am

TheUSofA1776 wrote:

$1:
Quote:

Mr. Rogers was a Navy Seal. He'd be the one kicking Mr. Dessup's ass.

Mr Rogers was not a navy seal: http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp

$1:
Yeah, and isn't Canada still part of the British Commonwealth?

Yes, proudly! Whats your point?

$1:
Yeah, God forbid we free the slaves...

Yes, the north did. So half your country fought to free the slaves against the other half that fought to keep them. Meanwhile, the slaves who escaped to Canada came to a country wholly against slaves.

$1:
Yeah, but Krispy Kreme beats them all.
A matter of Taste I guess. :roll:

Constantinople @ Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:17 am

$1:
Mr Rogers was not a navy seal: http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp

Oops. Who is Mr. Dress-up anyway? Sounds kind of femme.

$1:
Yes, the north did. So half your country fought to free the slaves against the other half that fought to keep them. Meanwhile, the slaves who escaped to Canada came to a country wholly against slaves.

You might want to wash up on your American Civil War "knowledge." My comment was only used to show one of the good things that came from it.

$1:
A matter of Taste I guess. :roll:

Obviously....

Constantinople @ Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:59 am

Just kidding anyway- I used to watch it. Even had Casey and Finnegan puppets. Sadly, a forgotten dog in my youth devoured them.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  Next