Canada Kicks Ass
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Canadian_Mind @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:51 pm

Any idea what kind of tank?

Sapio @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:04 pm

Soviet, T-model

Canadian_Mind @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:24 pm

huh, how the fuck would the guy end up in a jail with a soviet tank? o.O No matter.

RUEZ @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:30 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
Again, this would only irk me, but if he end up being an American through and through in the film, it'll be a real slap in the face to the Millions of Canadians who fought and died for our freedoms in the World Wars, and before them to form our great nation.

You realize this is a fictional character right? How does changing the background of a fictional character insult the real Canadian veterans?

Tricks @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:37 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Again, this would only irk me, but if he end up being an American through and through in the film, it'll be a real slap in the face to the Millions of Canadians who fought and died for our freedoms in the World Wars, and before them to form our great nation.

You realize this is a fictional character right? How does changing the background of a fictional character insult the real Canadian veterans?

Except his entire rant doesn't make any sense. He clearly doesn't know anything about comics.

Sapio @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:36 pm

huh, how the fuck would the guy end up in a jail with a soviet tank? o.O No matter.

Maybe he was seen on some type of mission and got capture. It is a movie. Just because it is filmed in Canada and Canada is part of the plot, does not mean that, that part of the movie is set in Canada.

Canadian_Mind @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:06 pm

Sapio Sapio:

Maybe he was seen on some type of mission and got capture. It is a movie. Just because it is filmed in Canada and Canada is part of the plot, does not mean that, that part of the movie is set in Canada.

I dunno. Was wondering if there would be any hints from those that know more about the background than myself.

Tricks Tricks:
RUEZ RUEZ:

Except his entire rant doesn't make any sense. He clearly doesn't know anything about comics.

I know when it comes to comics alot of things change, but one thing I always took to heart about Wolverine since I was a kid was that he was our character. And unless I'm greatly mistaked he was a part of the Canadian artillery during the world wars.

In my humble opinion, changing that to being an American infanteer assaulting the beach would be liek taking the story of one of our artillery guys in Afghanistan and changing his background about being from a small albertan town to being from a small Montana town, and sticking him as a grunt in the back of a stryker. Would be quite the spit in the face to his story, and the stories of those who fought and died around him.

If it weren't for the military aspects, I wouldn't be so uptight about it, because i know that changes happen in comics all the time.

Sapio @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Sorry Canadian, I could not get to much from what I saw. I did hear that someone was going to be climbing up Buch Tower. Maybe Toad?

Tricks @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:31 pm

I know when it comes to comics alot of things change, but one thing I always took to heart about Wolverine since I was a kid was that he was our character. And unless I'm greatly mistaked he was a part of the Canadian artillery during the world wars.
You were. He was part of the Canadian military, but he was also part of black ops teams running out of the U.S. He also worked with Captain America.

$1:
If it weren't for the military aspects, I wouldn't be so uptight about it, because i know that changes happen in comics all the time.

Nothing is changed. You just have no idea what his story is.

Tman1 @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Tricks is right. He may have a Canadian past and is centrally rooted to him but Americans need *something* to watch and know anything about. Any mention of Canada and they are like huh?

Tricks @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:05 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Tricks is right. He may have a Canadian past and is centrally rooted to him but Americans need *something* to watch and know anything about. Any mention of Canada and they are like huh?

He is a Canadian character, served in the Canadian military, and the weapon X program was a joint effort between the U.S. and Canada. Aside from that he has little to do with canada.

Tman1 @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:08 pm

There also was Alpha Flight but this movie apparently is for Team X. Silver Fox is also a Native Canadian. That storming on Omaha beach on the video is just ridiculous but I guess it serves its purpose.

Tricks @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
There also was Alpha Flight but this movie apparently is for Team X. Silver Fox is also a Native Canadian. That storming on Omaha beach on the video is just ridiculous but I guess it serves its purpose.

Right, forgot about him being a member of Alpha Flight. I don't know anything about silver fox. Deadpool is Canadian too. Weapon X had a lot of Canadian people in it, but they generally merged with Americans in fighting.

Never would have figured you for a comic guy Tman.

Tman1 @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:31 pm

Bite your tongue young master. I take great pride in my knowledge of Marvel heros and villans.

Don't know much about Dead Pool, he was a product of the Weapon X program but calling him Canadian is a little presumptious. Nobody knows where he is from.

travior @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:21 pm

Hey, I was just excited to see them actually use a $5CDN bill in the first movie! It was a miracle that the Hollywood clowns got that detail correct.

For all we know he was a US soldier that was north of the border for the same reason that many other US solders take extended vacations there. Not totally inconceivable that a US secret military installation could be hidden in Canada in the fictional future for secret fictional experiments in a fictional story.

That's the beauty of fiction (which does include science fiction), you can do pretty d@mn near whatever you want because it is fictional. :D

If I ever get around to finishing the book I am trying to write, I'll let you make sure any fictional Canadian references in it are accurate. :D

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next