Canada Kicks Ass
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Tman1 @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:59 pm

Yeah but if you are going to make a movie on fiction from fictional characters, it would be better to get those fictional characters in....character from which they were created as.

travior @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:02 pm

I'm not disagreeing with you there. Movies (a great many of them anyways) always have issues with keeping to the origional written storyline. Most Americans watching the film wouldn't have a clue who was on-screen if they used the Canadian camo pattern. I'm probably one of the few (at least this far south) that recognised the $5CDN bill in the first movie.

ShepherdsDog @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:02 pm

Exactly. Who really appreciates a movie that doesn't follow the original storyline? Those tend to be shredded by fans when they take major(Hollywood interpretation) deviations.

I sure hope they never involve Alpha Flight in their plans.

travior @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:06 pm

That's because the Hollywood idiots think we won't notice. Buy the time you do, you've already sprung for the $10 ticket and $25 for assorted oversalted popcorn, watered down drinks and have experienced the glory of the sticky floors and bad seating. :lol:

Tman1 @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:09 pm

Problem is, this is about Wolverines past which invovles a great deal about...Canada. Does Americans or hollywood in general have a problem with a central Canadian character? Seems like it because there are several characters from other countries like Australia, Britian, Germany, Russia with focus on their country of origin. Just not Canada for some reason. The movie doesn't have to focus on where he is from but the movie is about his past...its unavoidable.

travior @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:16 pm

I agree. It seems that this happens alot with anything that has Canadian connections. I don't like it one bit. It's almost like they are jealous of Canada being highlighted like that.

They should have stuck closer to the origional background. To me, Wolverine and Canada are inseperable.

Sapio @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:04 pm

travior travior:
To me, Wolverine and Canada are inseperable.

Yes they are. If they take that out it will make the movie unwatchable for any x-men fan.

roger-roger @ Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:57 am

Next thing you know they will be making Gambit a New Yorker. :?

Tricks @ Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:33 am

Tman1 Tman1:
Bite your tongue young master. I take great pride in my knowledge of Marvel heros and villans.

Don't know much about Dead Pool, he was a product of the Weapon X program but calling him Canadian is a little presumptious. Nobody knows where he is from.

Nope, he's Canadian. They have said that, just not where from, it's on marvel's website.

Sapio @ Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 am

Eisensapper Eisensapper:
Next thing you know they will be making Gambit a New Yorker. :?

If they did that, there be a riot of Comic fans, with puffers in hand.

2Cdo @ Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Okay everyone, it's a f*cking comic book character. It's not a re-writing of history. :lol:

Sapio @ Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Here are some pictures from the set. I took them today with my phone. img096.jpg
img096.jpg [ 178.35 KiB | Viewed 306 times ] img097.jpg
img097.jpg [ 193.45 KiB | Viewed 302 times ] img100.jpg
img100.jpg [ 222.16 KiB | Viewed 292 times ] img101.jpg
img101.jpg [ 147.43 KiB | Viewed 288 times ] img098.jpg
img098.jpg [ 153.32 KiB | Viewed 285 times ] img099.jpg
img099.jpg [ 191.91 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]

Dayman @ Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:43 am

those pictures are way too cool looking

MaineUSAGuy @ Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:17 pm

They did make Wolverine Canadian after all. NWT in the beginning and he acknowledges he´s Canadian apparently Sabertooth and him were freelancers so that´s why they joined the Civil War and Vietnam Wars. :lol:

BeaverFever @ Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:31 pm

...Total reversal from Xmen 2 where they deleted all references to Canada from the film and effectively made him American.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next