Canada Kicks Ass
Lockheed offers F-22/F-35 hybrid for Japan's next fighter

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Robair @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:02 am

Surely you jest.

DrCaleb @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:05 am

But they'd retweet every comment the Kremlin posts.

llama66 @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:07 am

Robair Robair:
Surely you jest.

DrCaleb @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:15 am

^^ Saw that coming. 8)

BartSimpson @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:29 am

Robair Robair:
Sorry, but with his transparent as glass demand that allies up defense spending, when all he's doing is trying to force demand for American made weapons.

FFS DJT was NOT President when Canada agreed to the 2% GDP standard for defense spending.

You people agreed to that all on your own and nothing in that agreement says you have to buy American, German, or etc.

But yeah, FUCK TRUMP so it's all his fault even if that's utter bullshit, right?

:roll:

llama66 @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:47 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Robair Robair:
Sorry, but with his transparent as glass demand that allies up defense spending, when all he's doing is trying to force demand for American made weapons.

FFS DJT was NOT President when Canada agreed to the 2% GDP standard for defense spending.

You people agreed to that all on your own and nothing in that agreement says you have to buy American, German, or etc.

But yeah, FUCK TRUMP so it's all his fault even if that's utter bullshit, right?

:roll:

I've said several times I'd love to see us (Canada) spend 2% (or more) of GDP on defence. I'm just leery of rewarding your defense industry with Canadian contracts after your President continuously kicked Canadians in the face for 14 months, and then there is the part where you shouldn't sell weapons to Security Risks like us, I mean we're super likely to turn around and sell the weapons and arms to the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Robair @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:51 am

llama66 llama66:
I've said several times I'd love to see us (Canada) spend 2% (or more) of GDP on defence. I'm just leery of rewarding your defense industry with Canadian contracts after your President continuously kicked Canadians in the face for 14 months, and then there is the part where you shouldn't sell weapons to Security Risks like us, I mean we're super likely to turn around and sell the weapons and arms to the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

PDT_Armataz_01_34

BartSimpson @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:17 am

llama66 llama66:

And I've been on this site for almost fourteen years banging the drum that you people need your own defense industry.

Yet whatever comes of it? Fuck all.

Because after so many years of paying attention to your country I've come to the conclusion that your government has defaulted your national defense to the USA so they can spend defense money on immigrants/colonists and bullshit social programs.

I doubt like hell that DJT gives a rats ass where Canada invests its defense dollars but he does care that you people at least try to defend what you have.

I've long made fun of all of Canada's grandiose plans for military programs that are almost all studied to death at exorbitant cost before they get cancelled.

It's not funny anymore.

So build your own kit, buy it from Russia or China if that suits you, but for the love of God defend your country!

Robair @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:38 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I doubt like hell that DJT gives a rats ass where Canada invests its defense dollars

:lol:

llama66 @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:49 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
llama66 llama66:

And I've been on this site for almost fourteen years banging the drum that you people need your own defense industry.

Yet whatever comes of it? Fuck all.

Because after so many years of paying attention to your country I've come to the conclusion that your government has defaulted your national defense to the USA so they can spend defense money on immigrants/colonists and bullshit social programs.

I doubt like hell that DJT gives a rats ass where Canada invests its defense dollars but he does care that you people at least try to defend what you have.

I've long made fun of all of Canada's grandiose plans for military programs that are almost all studied to death at exorbitant cost before they get cancelled.

It's not funny anymore.

So build your own kit, buy it from Russia or China if that suits you, but for the love of God defend your country!

Which I'm sure we can both agree I've been saying. For years. I have no desire to allow a foreign nation, no matter how friendly they've been in the past, be responsible for my Countries defense. If we continue to allow your nation to "protect" us, then we are little more than a client state. Fuck that shit.

You are right, Canadian governments haven't invested any real money in our defence in years. In some ways I wish we were not right next to you so we would be forced to stand on our own.

BartSimpson @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:29 am

llama66 llama66:
In some ways I wish we were not right next to you so we would be forced to stand on our own.

Absent our proximity I expect Canada would look more like Australia with a serious attack submarine fleet and a well equipped and practiced army and air force.

DrCaleb @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:39 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
llama66 llama66:
In some ways I wish we were not right next to you so we would be forced to stand on our own.

Absent our proximity I expect Canada would look more like Australia with a serious attack submarine fleet and a well equipped and practiced army and air force.

Or we could have a government that lived up to its campaign promises once in while.

In you time here Bart, you should also have caught on to the fact that pretty much we all want this. But we aren't the deciders, apparently.

llama66 @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:46 am

Even though this is ostensibly a democracy

bootlegga @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:50 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
llama66 llama66:

Australia, like Canada, first and foremost should have top of the line navies and air forces, as it's better to fit an enemy BEFORE they invade.

Their navy is comparable to Canada's, with 10 frigates, 1 destroyer and 6 subs (RCN has 12 frigates and 2 subs, with 3 destroyers planned for the 2020s). Honestly, I thought it was larger. Their air force is much more impressive, with 6 AWACs aircraft, P-8 Poseidons, F-35s (66 on order), 24 Super Hornets (and 54 old Hornets), and 8 C-17s.

Our army is well equipped, courtesy of our time in Afghanistan. They've got state of the art tanks, artillery, and all sorts of other gear to support that mission. Air force assets like C-17s and Chinooks were also added, making it pretty deployable compared to even just 20 years ago.

The problem is Canada has the world's longest coast line and should have even better naval and air forces, which sadly the past couple governments have allowed to deteriorate.

Harper should have gotten new DDHs and AORs for the navy fast tracked, but instead focused on the AOPVs (slushbreakers). And Trudeau's minimal increases have not fast-tracked naval or air assets either.

bootlegga @ Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:52 am

llama66 llama66:
Even though this is ostensibly a democracy

We are a democracy, but the majority of Canadians don't really care about defence spending, and would rather the government spend money on health care and social programs.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next