Canada Kicks Ass
Russia issues new ROE: Will shoot down US jets in Syria

BartSimpson @ Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:31 pm

Full title:

WARNING : Russia Issues New “Rules of Engagement” in Syria: Any Aircraft Threatening the Syrian Army WILL BE SHOT DOWN (US/Turkey/Israel in the cross-hairs!)

http://www.mydailyinformer.com/warning- ... oss-hairs/

$1:
After the United States and "Coalition" aircraft attacked Syrian Army positions "by mistake" – which killed 62 and injured over 100 Syrian Soldiers – Russia says the next mistake will be the pilot's last, as new Rules of Engagement are now in effect.

Two days ago, on 17 September, US-led coalition jets bombed Syrian government forces’ positions near the eastern city of Deir ez-Zor, killing 62 troops and "paving the way" for Islamic State militants, the Syrian Army General Command told the state television.

The bombing took place on al-Tharda Mountain in the region of Deir ez-Zor and caused casualties and destruction on the ground, Syria’s official SANA news agency reported on Saturday.

Sixty-two Syrian soldiers were killed and over 100 injured in the airstrike by the US-led coalition, Russia’s Defense Ministry spokesman, Major-General Igor Konashenkov, said, citing information received from the Syrian General Command.

The Russian Defense Ministry said that the aircraft which carried out the bombings had entered Syrian airspace from the territory of Iraq.

Four strikes against Syrian positions was performed by two F-16 jet fighters and two A-10 support aircraft, it added.

“If the airstrike was caused by the wrong coordinates of targets than it’s a direct consequence of the stubborn unwillingness of the American side to coordinate with Russia in its actions against terrorist groups in Syria,” Konashenkov stressed.

The Defense Ministry also confirmed a report by SANA that an Islamic State offensive began right after Syrian Army positions were hit from the air.

"Immediately after the airstrike by coalition planes, Islamic State militants launched their offensive. Fierce fighting with the terrorists is currently underway in the area of the airport where for a long a time humanitarian aid for civilians was parachuted,” Konashenkov said.

The timing of the ISIS attack, coming within 7 minutes of the US air strikes against the Syrian Army, has led some to conclude the US is providing air cover for ISIS Terrorists.

The Syrian General Command called the bombing a “serious and blatant aggression” against Syrian forces, and said it was "conclusive evidence" that the US and its allies support IS militants.

According to a news release of the US Department of Defense, the coalition’s aviation performed combat missions in Deir ez-Zor on Saturday.

“We are aware of the reports and checking with Centcom and CJTF (Combined Joint Task Force),” the Pentagon told RT.

The US Central Command later has issued a statement, saying that it had no intention of targeting Syrian government forces near Deir ez-Zor.

“Syria is a complex situation with various military forces and militias in close proximity, but [the] coalition would not intentionally strike a known Syrian military unit,” the statement read.

CENTCOM promised that the strike and circumstances surrounding it will be reviewed “to see if any lesson can be learned.”

An unnamed US military official told Reuters that he was "pretty sure" that the targets hit in US-led coalition air strike on Saturday had been Syrian forces.

According to the official, the bombings in Deir ez-Zor were carried out using US intelligence, which was being gathered for days.

The US says its attack stopped as soon as Russia notified the American side that they had been hitting the Syrian military, he added. But that does not fit the facts.

According to both Russian and Syrian Army reports, the American jets were repeatedly told they were attacking the wrong side but continued attacking until aircraft were "painted" by Russian S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems. It was only after the surface-to-air missile locked-on to the aircraft that they cut off the attack.

Shit's getting real.

BRAH @ Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:13 pm

This is why the next POTUS is very important.

Jabberwalker @ Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:19 pm

It would be interesting to see if they try ... and fail ... to shoot down US jets.

BRAH @ Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Who The F*** is advising Obama? 8O

Public_Domain @ Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:24 pm

Wake me up when this never happens.

fifeboy @ Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:32 pm

BRAH BRAH:

Than I guess we are in deep doodoo no matter how the vote goes!

llama66 @ Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:27 pm

I still think things will end poorly, regardless of who gets in. My Prediction

shockedcanadian @ Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:41 pm

This won't happen. In a full out conventional war, America is the far more dominant military. If I recall Russia has the advantage in tanks primarily but that's it. They have maybe 1 or 2 aircraft carriers while the U.S has more than a dozen.

Russia might shoot down a U.S jet, I don't take this prospect out of the realm of possibility, but it would have to be a strongly justifiable and tenable engagement. Essentially a case where Russian troops or resources were directly targeted and defended themselves. They might provide the means (or at least the potential means) to Syria, to fire at a jet but I don't think they would openly take credit for any such attack. If this were ever the case both sides would probably deal with it privately behind closed doors and for public consumption it never happened, or at least never happened the way it really did.

Of course, in an unconventional war all bets are off and we all lose.

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:22 am

While I usually take Russian claims about who did what with a grain of salt, I'm really beginning to think that the US is backhandedly supporting ISIS.
Assange alluded to that in the next batch of leaks to be disseminated. He claims it will show that the current Democrat administration directly provided military support for anti-Assad forces in Syria. Those forces turned out apparently to be primarily al qaeda and ISIS.
He was thin on the details but promised they would be made available before the election.

The US has a bad history of helping to topple regimes, and even democratically elected govts that won't play ball with them, often installing their own puppets who are little more than common thugs. The US claims to be all about freedom and self-determination, as long as that self-determination is of benefit to America of course.
And please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they amend the Constitution after the Civil War to make it illegal or whatever for any state to secede from the Union?

BRAH @ Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:55 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
BRAH BRAH:

Than I guess we are in deep doodoo no matter how the vote goes!

Clinton is sabre rattling when it comes to Russia while Trump seems more diplomatic, so who do you want dealing with Putin and Russia?

Jabberwalker @ Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:23 pm

"Diplomatic" ... that's a new euphamism for having your often bankrupted arse owned by Russian Oligarchs.

BRAH @ Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:46 pm

llama66 llama66:
I still think things will end poorly, regardless of who gets in. My Prediction

BRAH @ Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:51 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
"Diplomatic" ... that's a new euphamism for having your often bankrupted arse owned by Russian Oligarchs.

Da Comrade!

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:39 pm

But getting tens of millions of dollars from the Russian state after helping to facilitate the sale of Uranium One to the Russians is perfectly cool though, right?
Getting tens of millions of dollars from countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Oman and a few more is cool though, right?
Hell, Clinton is owned by the Russians AND the Gulf States.

shockedcanadian @ Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:53 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:

But getting tens of millions of dollars from the Russian state after helping to facilitate the sale of Uranium One to the Russians is perfectly cool though, right?
Getting tens of millions of dollars from countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Oman and a few more is cool though, right?
Hell, Clinton is owned by the Russians AND the Gulf States.

Truth be told, Clinton is more hawkish on Russia than Trump. This particular policy has garnered her quiet support by many Conservatives. This is because she has been burned when she did the whole "reset button" fiasco in which she brought out a red button to be pressed. She has been burned and probably wont be burned again.

In fairness, Bush Jr. was also mocked in a sit down with Putin. You could see it caught Bush off guard as he was used to other leaders standing down in his presence. My guess is that Putin acts like a cornered animal if he feels threatened, otherwise he smiles and quickly sends his hackers to do their thing