Canada Kicks Ass
30 days to de-socialize Canada

Previous  1  2

Zenfisher @ Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:04 am

Ummm...didn't Costa Rica win the Nobel Peace prize for eliminating their army entirely ?

Donny_Brasco @ Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:39 am

Godz46 Godz46:
They build cheep houses and settle the rent individually with each person. The entrepreneurs are happy as they make money, the poor are happy as they now have a place to stay...AND I'm happy becuase that would light a fire under the underserving poor to find real jobs and get off Welfare. Ta=dah!!! Cpaitalism saves the day again.

Well that's such a good fairytale story and everyone lives happily after.

Let me fill you in though. Public housing was set up to prevent the rich from gouging the poor. Your cheep houses would all be rented to the highest bidder and the poor would have no option but to spend a great deal of their already meager income trying to compete. A short supply of affordable housing causes rent increases. Fair enough, when the profit potential is great enough your entrepreneurs will start building more houses to rent to the highest bidder.

But I don't see how this helps anyone, with the exception of the entrepreneurs who must be well off in the first place in order to invest in this new housing.

Your logic is flawed. Why wouldn't I as a well paid middle class renter try to save a few bucks by looking for a cheaper place to rent? Now, because I make shitloads of money, I don't qualify for low-income housing. Therefore the supply of low income housing is available for people who are worse off then me...deserving or not.

Zenfisher @ Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:59 pm

$1:
No other country would cut its defenses like ours did, simply becuase we assume the Americans will just hop in and protect us if were ever attacked. In other words when you cut National Security, you get more money. And the gold standard is the best anti-inflationary system that exists.

I didn't say anything about cutting the Canadian Armed Services. I actually think it should be altered and expanded. I was merely pointing to another country that had cut its defenses.

Donny_Brasco @ Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:50 am

Godz46 Godz46:
[
Three Canadian girls working as aid workers somehwere in Asia get kidnapped by terrorists ...don't you think the Prime Minister should send the Special forces to get their relase or should he just appese the terrorists by sending them oil and create the incentive for kidnapping Canadians to evrey militia out there?

It already exists. Its all a big secret though...I could tell you all about it but then I'd have to kill you.

Previous  1  2