Canada Kicks Ass
A Conservative manifesto

xerxes @ Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:21 am

So what Godz? She makes some good point and some points I disagree with. That'st the whole point of a democratic society. I certainly don't believe every "conservative" is a "bible-thumping, Nazi maniac." Some are, many more are not.

Here's a link to an article about some of them.

dgthe3 @ Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:22 am

If every Conservative is a Nazi, then all Lefties are Communists. I dissagree with what some left wingers say, i dissagree more with what some right wingers say. I see where she's comming from on a lot of stuff and i agree with many of her concerns and even some of her solutions, but not all of them.

dknychic @ Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:54 am

Yeah, some of her views, I agree with and some I don't. I definitely don't believe all conservatives are bible-thumping nazi's otherwise, that would make me a bible-thumping nazi by association since some of my friends including my younger brother are self-proclaimed conservatives...though I doubt in my bro's case, he can spell the word :lol:).
Anyways, I won't dismiss the points she makes because their coming out of a conservative's mouth. I can understand and agree with some of her points without making a blanket decision to agree with them all or disagree with them all just to align myself with one end of the political spectrum.

Franco Unamerican @ Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:32 pm

I think the problem in North American politics in this day and age is people are forced to be either "right" or "left", one or the other. Trying to cement the difference between one and the other should not be done. I doubt many people on this website (imo) are actually leftists... Both Paul MArtin's liberals and the USA democrats, though called leftists, are not very left. The democrats, especially influenced during the Clinton years, have many economic policies that are center or almost conservative. The Reagan revolution made it very hard for the "guarantor state" to operate or exist ever again (imo)...

I guess we are forced to choose sides in this day in age. You are either with us or against us... Not much room for debate.

Dayseed @ Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:35 pm

Yeah, David Limbaugh's book is essentially an overblown case of: "The world has moved on without me and I'm scared it won't come back for me."

dgthe3 @ Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:42 pm

The world has shifted to the right over the last couple of decades with the US being the only world superpower.

Now Godz, if you think that we are all leftists and are opposed to people on the right end of the political spectrum, perhaps that is true. or perhaps it is just that you are opposed to us? it's all just a matter of perspective, but the general consensus is that you can be a bit offensive sometimes, but others have been far worse.
About what we agree with and what we don't, speaking strictly for myself i agree with her views on religion, abortion for women who were raped, and that we should be tougher on certain criminals. But i do disagree with her on wellfare. Other stuff is a bit unclear about her view so i can neither agree nor disagree. From the sounds of things though, she seems to be rather moderate compared to some conservatives.

xerxes @ Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:12 pm

Godz, I think you may have missed the point of the article I linked. The article is trying to characterize that particular movement as drivne by the need for the death of non-believers. The term crusade is meant toconvey the intense feelings these people have on their issues. You're rightin that they're not trying to convert people. But, by virtue of their belief backgrounds, they do wish to impose a Christian based legal system on the society at large.

And since you're asking, what I disagree with more with your starting article is her advocacy for mutilation of sexual predators. While that may feel good for the victim, it is a particularily cruel punishment, which, last time I checked, is prohibited in the 7th Amendment.