Canada Kicks Ass
Canada Police Misconduct Reports

Previous  1 ... 13  14  15  16  17  18  19 ... 25  Next

llama66 @ Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:51 am

I remember my dad had a shotgun that was pristine from all the cleanings he gave it every time a boy came over to take one of my 3 sisters out.

DrCaleb @ Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:56 am

Right? My ex's dad passed away when she was young. Her mom worked midnights, so there were no roadblocks for me.

But there really should have been. [angel]

My Uncle has 3 girls, and he'd sit out on the porch with a double barrel in his lap when boys would come over. They usually got brought home early.

bootlegga @ Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:09 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
EPS TikTok removed after being criticized for being misogynistic

Now, I see this as an overreaction. I found it funny, not misogynistic.

And it is the duty of a father to protect his daughter from the young horny male of the species who has not yet learnt to keep it in their pants.

Yep

$1:
"It shows us how far we have to go in educating people about autonomy, about women's autonomy, about the role of police," she said. "We live in a word that is saturated with misogynist violence and humour at the expense of women."

:roll:

DrCaleb @ Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:17 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
The trial for the cop in this article is finally happening.

Indigenous man testifies he was repeatedly beaten by Edmonton police officers

Officer tells court he didn't intend to hurt Indigenous man he kneed in back

Like the video shows, dropping his full weight right between the guys shoulders with his knee, while he was cuffed and face down on the ground, couldn't possibly have hurt him. :roll:

bootlegga @ Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:28 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
bootlegga bootlegga:

Like the video shows, dropping his full weight right between the guys shoulders with his knee, while he was cuffed and face down on the ground, couldn't possibly have hurt him. :roll:

I honestly believe both officers should be on trial for this - Edmonton police officer says he repeatedly punched Indigenous man because he feared for safety

$1:
An Edmonton police officer testified Tuesday he repeatedly punched an Indigenous man —who was lying face-first on the ground — as hard as he could because he feared for his safety.

* Bolded text added

DrCaleb @ Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:31 pm

I guess the guy screaming in pain in the video was a threat to the big burly man.

DrCaleb @ Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:40 am

$1:
'Let me breathe': Manitoba RCMP officer dismissed pleas while pinning man's neck in arrest, video shows

WARNING: This story contains video which readers may find disturbing.

Manitoba's police watchdog says it will investigate a 2019 incident in which an RCMP officer held his knee on the neck of a man being arrested, who cried out "I can't breathe" repeatedly as he lay helpless for more than four minutes.

Jane MacLatchy, commanding officer of the Manitoba RCMP, has condemned the actions of the officer who, at one point, dismissed the pinned man's pleas because he could still speak, according to a bystander video.

The police force only learned about the incident this week after the Winnipeg Free Press reported on the suspect's trial, MacLatchy said.

The details of the arrest that have emerged have drawn comparisons to death of George Floyd, which came 11 months after the Manitoba incident. Floyd, who died under the knee of a Minneapolis police officer, gasped "I can't breathe" as he was killed.

The Winnipeg incident, outside the James Richardson International Airport on Aug. 1, 2019, was captured on video by the father of Nathan Lasuik, the man who was pinned to the ground.

CBC News has received permission from Lasuik to publish it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... -1.6139442

DrCaleb @ Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:28 am

$1:
Calgary police officer charged with assault on woman whose licence plate was stolen, swapped

A Calgary police officer has been suspended with pay, after he was charged with assaulting a woman who was the unwitting victim of a licence plate swap.

At 11 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 20, police say officers saw a vehicle that, according to its licence plate, appeared to have been reported stolen. Police followed the vehicle as it parked outside of a building in the 1200 block of 34th Avenue N.E.

Police say after the driver left the vehicle and approached the entrance, a canine police officer approached her and ordered her to lie down.

She set down her belongings but police say she didn't "immediately" lie down — so the officer forced her to the ground.

The officer then allegedly kicked the woman in the back and his dog bit the woman.

After the woman was arrested, police realized she was the victim of a licence plate swap — thieves had swapped plates from a stolen vehicle with her plates, likely a similar-looking parked car, to avoid detection.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.6144505

DrCaleb @ Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:32 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
$1:
Surveillance video shows RCMP officer dragging student, stepping on her head after wellness check

A video has emerged showing a Kelowna RCMP officer dragging a female student down a hallway and stepping on her head after a wellness check at the student's apartment.

The surveillance video is part of a civil lawsuit filed by UBC-Okanagan nursing student Mona Wang filed in B.C. Supreme Court against RCMP Cpl. Lacy Browning alleging physical and emotional abuse.

None of the allegations have been proven in court and Browning denies that she assaulted Wang. The Mountie claims she used reasonable force to subdue Wang after she became combative inside her apartment.

In the notice of claim, Wang says she was experiencing mental distress on the evening of Jan. 20, 2020 and her boyfriend called the RCMP requesting a wellness check.

The lawsuit claims Browning found Wang lying on her apartment's bathroom floor and did not provide medical assistance.

Wang said she was not able to stand on her own when Browning demanded she get up.

"Browning preceded to assault the plaintiff by stepping on the plaintiff's arm," the lawsuit states.

"Browning kicked the plaintiff in the stomach while the plaintiff was lying on the bathroom floor semi-conscious."

According to the lawsuit, Browning handcuffed Wang and then dragged her out of the suite, down a hallway toward the floor's elevator while punching her in the face.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5623215

RCMP officer captured on video dragging nursing student is charged with assault

bootlegga @ Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:48 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
RCMP officer captured on video dragging nursing student is charged with assault

That only took 14 months...but if you or I did something like that, we'd already have been sitting in jail for six months.

Fucking double standard :evil:

DrCaleb @ Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:10 am

Video of Mountie ordering journalist to 'be silent' at Fairy Creek protest raises press freedom concerns

DrCaleb @ Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:23 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
bootlegga bootlegga:

$1:
Edmonton police officer found guilty in knee-drop assault on Indigenous man captured on video

In a scathing ruling issued Thursday, an Alberta provincial court judge has found an Edmonton Police Service constable guilty of an "unnecessary and gratuitous" assault on an "unresisting" Indigenous man, captured on a bystander's video.

Provincial court Judge Peter Ayotte rejected the entire narrative created by Const. Michael Partington and his colleague Const. Curtis McCargar to justify a violent assault on Elliot McLeod in August 2019.

The judge, in an eight-page ruling, found the testimony of both officers unreliable, self-serving, and at times, an outright fabrication.

Played repeatedly in court during the week-long trial, the bystander's cellphone video proved crucial to the Crown's case. The judge noted the video directly contradicted major parts of the testimony of both Partington and McCargar.

. . .

During the trial, Crown prosecutor Carla MacPhail meticulously picked apart the officers' testimony and accused Partington of manufacturing a story to justify the assault — after he learned the entire arrest had been captured on video.

There was no investigation or charge in the case until the video was posted on social media about 10 months after the incident in response to the Black Lives Matter movement following the murder by police of Black man George Floyd.

The judge was particularly critical of McCargar's testimony.

"I found the bulk of McCargar's evidence extremely self-serving and principally aimed at justifying his own conduct and maximizing that of Mr. McLeod," Ayotte said.

"Instead of just answering the questions put to him, he often amplified them by telling me what was going on in his own mind, the so-called 'what ifs' referred to by Crown counsel in argument."

. . .

"In attempting to emphasize his own danger, [McCargar] told me a number of community members came out as he was attempting to restrain Mr. McLeod and that one of them, a woman, came up to him and asked if needed any help — a complete fabrication on the evidence presented," Ayotte said.

"Neither the video, the defendant or the two [witnesses] who were watching from their house make any mention of anyone else being present, much less a small group of community members," the judge said.

Partington had testified that he rushed to the scene with his lights and siren on because he believed his partner was in imminent danger. The judge pointed out that there was no siren captured on the video and no witness heard a siren.

. . .

Also beggaring belief, the judge said, was Partington's assertion that he did not mention his use of force to a superior officer — when asked directly — nor did he mention in a report he filed "because he felt he had done nothing wrong.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.6154306

DrCaleb @ Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:23 am

Who says the court system isn't fair?

bootlegga @ Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:24 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Who says the court system isn't fair?

Let's wait until he's sentenced in October, personally I'm skeptical he'll get anything more than some probation.

DrCaleb @ Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:58 am

With how the Judge admonished him and basically called him a liar, I think it will be appropriate. :)

Previous  1 ... 13  14  15  16  17  18  19 ... 25  Next