Canada Kicks Ass
CKA POLL

Previous  1  2  3  4  5

CDN_PATRIOT @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:53 am

Scape Scape:
The winner was Canadians who see minority is a great way to mussel the major parties egos.

I for one see this as a win.

I don't see this as any win. The election came at a bad time, cost nearly 700 million dollars, and resulted in no change whatsoever. We could have had a change in government, but all the idiot voters in Toronto fucked the whole country again.

-J.

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:52 am

Thanos Thanos:
Wonder how much O'Toole got hurt by his "you're doin' a heck of a job, Jason" comments in regards to the UCP/Kenney botch of COVID response in Alberta.

Scape Scape:
Not the much is my guess.

I think you are wrong. Two more Alberta ridings fell, and one is coming down to mail in ballots. The NDP candidate in my riding took the slight lead from 2019, and made big gains. The riding or Edmonton Griezbah (Former Military Prison) went NDP, and one riding in Calgary - CALGARY! - decided not to elect a Conservative, but a Liberal. The Maverick party and PPC were never in the running. They did play spoilers it looks like.

I think Jason Kenney's unpopularity made quite a difference, at least in Alberta.

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:53 am

Scape Scape:
Liberal government declared.

There is your fucking mandate, Mr. Trudeau. Now get to fucking work, and we better not do this again for at least 4 years.

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:08 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I think you are wrong. Two more Alberta ridings fell, and one is coming down to mail in ballots. . . .

I think Jason Kenney's unpopularity made quite a difference, at least in Alberta.

Boots' link to the poll results confirm it.

https://338canada.com/alberta.htm

Conservatives down 2 seats, Liberals up 1, NDP up 1.

I can't find a vote tally compared to 2019, probably because mail in ballots aren't counted yet.

housewife @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:30 am

A bit of a disappointment. 610 million and we got same shit different day. What a waiste

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:47 am

All this talk about wasted money doesn't take into consideration that the cost is the cost, no mater when it happens. In 2 years, it would still cost the same. It's irrelevant that it costs so much, because this is our system. This is what democracy costs. Monarchies cost less, so do dictatorships.

Now, the election I think was pointless from the start. Especially since the results before and after are basically the same. But it wasn't a waste of money.

housewife @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:04 am

Yes and no. Yes the cost is the cost and will be the cost regardless of when. But what did we gain for an early election nothing. It was a waste of time, energy and money that didn’t need to happen now. Considering he did state that we wouldn’t be doing this during a pandemic. He did fairly well at the beginning I was impressed with how the parties could set aside their differences and cooperate and disappointed that this wasn’t continued. We are still in a pandemic people are still not getting the shot. That money would have been much better spent trying to figure out what the f is causing mostly sane people to go off the rails of reality and get them vaccinated!! Something needs to be done or we will be hearing about the mutant strains for the rest of our lives.

bootlegga @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:31 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I think you are wrong. Two more Alberta ridings fell, and one is coming down to mail in ballots. . . .

Boots' link to the poll results confirm it.

https://338canada.com/alberta.htm

Conservatives down 2 seats, Liberals up 1, NDP up 1.

I can't find a vote tally compared to 2019, probably because mail in ballots aren't counted yet.

What I find annoying is that in several other Edmonton ridings (Millwoods, Edm Riverbend, Edm Manning) we would have gotten rid of more blue fenceposts if people had voted strategically.

Baby steps I guess...

Scape @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:27 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Scape Scape:

There is your fucking mandate, Mr. Trudeau. Now get to fucking work, and we better not do this again for at least 4 years.

Not a chance. We will be lucky this lasts 2 years.

Strutz @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:57 pm

Scape Scape:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Scape Scape:

When somebody decides they need a hug again? :roll:

CDN_PATRIOT @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Scape Scape:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Scape Scape:

Government will fall at the first confidence issue, and we'll go back to the polls. Singh and the NDP will really lose seats, the Bloc will gain, and the Cons might end up with a small minority providing Toronto doesn't f*ck it all up again.

Either that, or when the government falls, we'll have an even smaller Liberal minority and just keep going into election after election after election. That's how we roll up here.

-J.

Scape @ Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:25 pm

The will be no election for at LEAST 18 months but as there is no mandate except 'get back to work bozos!' this will mean we will have a minority for FIVE years. There has been NO government in modern history able to last under the leash of a minority and there will be within the parties themselves immense pressure to grab the ring of power that is a majority.

It's the reason why the liberals rolled the dice this time, they are just too close to absolute power to not go for it. They can't help themselves.

The fact of the matter is that Canada is going to have a future with FAR MORE minorities than majorities. The electorate is just too fragmented to sustain any one party anymore.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5