Canada Kicks Ass
Cons Hard At Work

baylee @ Thu May 17, 2007 7:42 am

Seems the Cons are introducing an important piece of legislation today.

Banning foreign strippers

CONS, hard at work

:D

Regina @ Thu May 17, 2007 7:48 am

More jobs for your family eh?

sasquatch2 @ Thu May 17, 2007 2:11 pm

While I fit into that group of normal people who derive some pleasure from watching an attractive female disrobe----I cannot condone the former regimes fast-tracking of other -wise unskilled immigrants to come to Canada to be exploited by a by-and-large criminal element of our society.

Yeah, I know it's an apparent double standard but many things are.

I doubt Dion or Layton would fight an election on it.........

[but]

ridenrain @ Thu May 17, 2007 7:00 pm

As most of these strip joints are owned by the hells Angels or other such organized crime, I guess we should have found out who Judy Sgro was doing favors for.

Here's an interesting side note:

$1:
[January 19, 2005 04:47 PM] MP Judy Sgro of York West said she considers herself an advocate of minority rights but can't accept a change to the marriage definition:
"I still believe God meant marriage to be between a man and a woman"

From those fine, lazy tards at http://ontario.cupe.ca/www/issues/eveHellNo

baylee @ Thu May 17, 2007 7:04 pm

Regina Regina:
More jobs for your family eh?

So what does that response have to do with the topic???

Being a moderator ?

I assume you can back up that claim?

Or if not, apologize

Which is highly unlikely

sas says

$1:
While I fit into that group of normal people who derive some pleasure from watching an attractive female disrobe-

I have to admit sas.
I never figured you to be a lesbian

:wink:

ridenrain @ Thu May 17, 2007 7:22 pm

$1:
The symbiosis of bureaucrats and strippers

A little education, for opposition MP's who are suddenly less than concerned about the exploitation of some of the women in this country, on a subject I am personally familiar with...strippers.

Well over a decade ago, I spent a year and a half in this less-than-savory profession. The club where I worked was an up-scale, fairly classy place (at least as far as strip clubs go), and the treatment afforded the women who worked there was better than most places I had been. This particular club also had one other defining characteristic -- an overwhelming reliance on "imported talent". Every Canadian girl was out numbered by Romanians, 10 to 1.

Knowing what I now know about Romania (I briefly visited), and the living conditions suffered by most under the Communist regime and after, I understand fully why many women would opt for any opportunity to leave a country that was crumbling into a bottomless pit of poverty. By comparison, I'm sure a Canadian strip club looked like a much more prosperous option. A clever ruse that many clubs and their agents were happy to perpetrate on their unsuspecting charges. I witnessed it many times, firsthand.

A young lady interested in moving to Canada and becoming a stripper, would get fast-tracked through an agent who would find her a club willing to sponsor her trip. She was not expected to cover any upfront costs. The club would then find her a hotel to stay in (at her cost) and a driver to ferry her back and forth from hotel to club (at her cost). In return, she was expected to "work off" the cost of her sponsorship to the tune of (on average) $9,000-$12,000 -- some were even charged interest. This usually required working 7 days a week, 10-13 hours a day, and taking home a measly fraction of the money she earned. In the meantime, the club would hold her passport, in order to prevent her from going anywhere else (or back home).

Contrary to most people's perceptions, strippers don't make scads of money -- unless they are willing to go a little above and beyond the call of duty. This is the main reason I didn't stay long in the business. If you're only there to dance, and 10 other girls are dishing out extra, it's a hard sell. Either way, it takes a long time to pay back these extortive fees and these women are afforded very little freedom of movement until they do.

This is the kind of exploitation our Immigration policy has been allowing and enabling for some time now and the Honorable Opposition would like to keep it that way. An odd thing, for the Liberals to circle the wagons on. I'm not sure which aspect they deem worth protecting more...the exploitation of women or the fast-tracking of economically dependent immigrants.

I worked with these women. Many were friends of mine. It was my shoulder they would cry on, in frustration, desperation and disillusionment at a system designed to mislead and delude them into an arrangement that afforded them the status of little more than slaves -- in this, a country of supposed freedom.

All this for a job Canadians won't do, I guess.

http://www.lassooftruth.com/the_lasso_o ... sis_o.html

Just as the Liberal knee-jerk solution to prostitution is legalization, this also looks to be more of legitimization of foreign slavery.

MGX @ Thu May 17, 2007 7:46 pm

i just don't understand why this piece of legislation is relevant. Its not going to change anything.

Scape @ Thu May 17, 2007 7:55 pm

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
While I fit into that group of normal people who derive some pleasure from watching an attractive female disrobe----I cannot condone the former regimes fast-tracking of other -wise unskilled immigrants to come to Canada to be exploited by a by-and-large criminal element of our society.

Yeah, I know it's an apparent double standard but many things are.

I doubt Dion or Layton would fight an election on it.........

[but]

What if they used green jello?

Rihx @ Fri May 18, 2007 3:37 am

MGX MGX:
i just don't understand why this piece of legislation is relevant. Its not going to change anything.

It will make a huge difference. As much as people try to pretend there isnt, there is still a slave trade in this country; especially where asian women are concerned. These women are brought into this country under the guise of being "skilled workers" by calling them exotic dancers. They end up working the streets and in underground brothels. Lets not forget, hooked on drugs, beaten and often murdered.

By removing exotic dancer from the skilled worker list you effectively cut off the primary method used by the sex slavers.

baylee @ Fri May 18, 2007 5:45 am

ridenrain ridenrain:

Just as the Liberal knee-jerk solution to prostitution is legalization, this also looks to be more of legitimization of foreign slavery.

News flash rideatrain.
Prostitution IS LEGAL in Canada

:wink:

Shopping at places like Walmart which I bet you do is encouraging foreign slavery

$1:
All this for a job Canadians won't do

You really dont believe Canadian girls arnt strippers do you?

biopiracy @ Fri May 18, 2007 8:02 am

baylee baylee:
Seems the Cons are introducing an important piece of legislation today.

Banning foreign strippers

CONS, hard at work

Makes more sense than liberal feminists supporting the right of women everywhere to be exploited as long as their action group gets funding and they campaign for liberal Mp's.

Much better than the slease the libs were doing to bring them in.

$1:
The opposition has seized on the scandal, using it to blast Martin's leadership as weak and ethically
challenged. Sgro's ministry already was contending with allegations that a Romanian stripper was fast-tracked for Canadian immigration after she and family members volunteered to work on Sgro's election campaign.

http://www.cnn1.net/News/judy_sgro.htm

Do Libs make them they strip as they go door to door while fighting for womens equality?
:roll: