Canada Kicks Ass
ELECTION 2021 - Trudeau calls federal election

Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  14 ... 30  Next

fifeboy @ Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Thanos Thanos:
O'Toole's condemned yesterday's attack on Trudeau. Which is great. Problem is those protesters and other assorted idiots probably aren't going to vote Tory. They're mostly likely supporters of the PPC, Bernier's assortment of anti-vaxx/anti-mask/QAnon/etc cranks, so O'Toole denouncing them won't make them stop. :|

EDIT: guess I was wrong - a bunch of Tory volunteers got kicked out of the local candidate's campaign for acting up at the Trudeau appearance:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conser ... -1.6156959

That was definitely a +1 for O’Toole.

herbie @ Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:39 am

Easy to condemn people who are going to vote for you regardless.
And obvious if you don't want the country run by antivax idiots like that you have to vote for Trudeau.

JaredMilne @ Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:06 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
Thanos Thanos:
O'Toole's condemned yesterday's attack on Trudeau. Which is great. Problem is those protesters and other assorted idiots probably aren't going to vote Tory. They're mostly likely supporters of the PPC, Bernier's assortment of anti-vaxx/anti-mask/QAnon/etc cranks, so O'Toole denouncing them won't make them stop. :|

EDIT: guess I was wrong - a bunch of Tory volunteers got kicked out of the local candidate's campaign for acting up at the Trudeau appearance:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conser ... -1.6156959

That was definitely a +1 for O’Toole.

And very smart tactics. O'Toole's opponents would love nothing more than to link him with those cranks, but he's getting ahead of the issue by driving them out before the other parties can make the connection. Let them migrate to the PPC, where all the libertarians who initially founded the party quit in frustration because Bernier was courting the alt-right nutbars. Fortunately, Bernier is so stupid he can't fart and chew gum at the same time, so they aren't likely to really have much impact.

When this campaign first started, I wondered what the hell the justification was and how the Liberals were going to justify it. Now more and more of the media is saying the same thing. This is almost a Seinfeldian election-IOW, it's about nothing. And given the media's general tone, it looks like a huge own goal for the Liberals, particularly as O'Toole is coming across as a thoughtful and intelligent campaigner while Trudeau looks more like he's campaigning on past glories.

JaredMilne @ Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:06 pm

Ack, double post. Mea culpa.

DrCaleb @ Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:56 am

Trudeau says he won't back down after protesters hurl death threats, racist and sexist slurs

So not only are these smooth brainers copy and pasting US politics tactics, they are generating sympathy which may get Trudeau re-elected.

Good job! [B-o]

llama66 @ Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:17 am

I tell you I'm about ready to spite vote Liberal.

raydan @ Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:10 pm

I'm sure that some will say that Liberals organized the protests to make the Right look bad. I did say that I'd never vote for Trudeau, but I might follow Llama's lead and spite vote.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:01 pm

People that spite vote make me facepalm over and over. Vote because you care about Canada. Vote because it's something we take for granted, and others far away die for. Vote because voting means something.

Spite voting is juvenile and immature. Period.

-J.

PluggyRug @ Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:14 pm

Video of spite voting....

JaredMilne @ Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:46 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Trudeau says he won't back down after protesters hurl death threats, racist and sexist slurs

So not only are these smooth brainers copy and pasting US politics tactics, they are generating sympathy which may get Trudeau re-elected.

Good job! [B-o]

It's not the same context, but one of the things that made Trudeaumania possible for Pierre was his refusing to leave the platform in the face of debris-throwing separatist protesters. That reinforced his image of toughness and the feeling that he'd fight separatism head-on, which a lot of Canadians loved.

Justin pushing back against these modern protesters makes him look like a strong, determined leader too. Protests at political rallies are one thing, but I've never seen Canadians have any patience for outright threats of violence against candidates. These idiots are only helping the Liberals, and it's smart for O'Toole to cut them loose before they taint the rest of the conservative movement by association.

Scape @ Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:32 pm

O’Toole doubles down on promise to return Canada to old emissions target — despite experts’ warnings

O'Toole defends climate plan while promising to revive oil pipeline projects

Thanos @ Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:16 pm

Would have been much better to push full federal investment in carbon capture & sequestration. Building the infrastructure for that would create a huge number of construction/operating/maintenance jobs with the "minor" benefit of causing massive reduction in the O&G sector's carbon footprint.

Like, it's staring them all right in the fucking face and none of them want to touch it. Like Willem Dafoe said in Mississppi Burning, what the hell is the matter with these people? :?

raydan @ Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:18 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
People that spite vote make me facepalm over and over. Vote because you care about Canada. Vote because it's something we take for granted, and others far away die for. Vote because voting means something.

-J.

So instead of attacking people who hurl death threats and racist/sexist slurs, you go after spite voters. Glad to see that you have your priorities straight.

One thing I'll never do is vote for a party who's base seems to think that this is OK. Now, find the biggest and spikiest thing you have at your place and stick it *Mod Edit*.

fifeboy @ Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:41 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

-J.

Going into a store to buy blue jeans and you tell the clerk you don’t want Wranglers ( because you know they won’t fit you right) but several other brands may do is juvenile and immature? I’ll keep that in mind next time I’m in the mall,

When it comes to voting I vote NDP , but have voted Liberal when I thought the Libs had a better chance of winning than the Dippers. I tolerate Liberal governments but absolutely despise Conservative governments. I call it ABC!

CDN_PATRIOT @ Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:12 am

raydan raydan:
So instead of attacking people who hurl death threats and racist/sexist slurs, you go after spite voters. Glad to see that you have your priorities straight.

I do not condone people who exhibit such behaviour, nor have I ever. It's one of the reasons I only stayed with the PPC for a short time at the last election, do to all the nut jobs and racists that Bernier has managed to compile.

I am not attacking anyone, but merely pointing out how juvenile it is to spite vote and use said vote to throw a hissy fit and try to 'send a message' instead of using it properly. If you want to make it publicly known that you're immature in that manner, I'll call you out on it every time. Voting can NOT be taken for granted.

raydan raydan:
Now, find the biggest and spikiest thing you have at your place and stick it *Mod Edit*.

More immaturity. Shocking. :roll:

-J.

Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  14 ... 30  Next