Canada Kicks Ass
Enough is enough!!!!

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Rev_Blair @ Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:48 pm

Harper was trying to hide from his previous words during the election. His final way of weaselling out of it was saying that we didn't have any troops to send. That was an evasion of the issue though. If Harper had been PM when Iraq started he would have had troops and he would have sent them to Iraq.

For your part, Godz, you've tried to evade the fact that peacekeeping requires different equipment and different training than illegally invading countries for their resources. Tanks are not required for peacekeeping, helicopters need to be equipped differently.

Nobody is saying that our military doesn't need to be rebuilt. What we are saying is that rebuilding it to suit the needs of the US, as Harper so clearly wants to do, is a poor use of our resources; does not match what Canadians want from their military; and actually endangers Canada by getting us involved in conflicts that breed nothing but hatred. If that's what you want from your military, you are living in the wrong country.

Ralph @ Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:59 pm

Avro
First of all like I said in a previous posting if the fire had hit the battery room there would be medals handed out.
Secondly I really don’t need your ok to talk about a subject when and where I choose.
Third if you had ever served in any branch of the service (which I am sure YOU haven’t) for any country you would have recognized gallows humor when you read it.
And lastly if you took that approach to the equipment that we put our lads in you would never be able to talk about any branch of the service.
Ask the 57 dead airmen that flew the CF 18'S
So grow up and do what ours good lads do SUCK IT UP!

Rev_Blair @ Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:15 pm

Actually the poll was twisted...it tied missile defense to an unrelated issue. You should do some more research...it's important.

$1:
How is him saying that it would be impossible to send troops an evasion to the issue when the question was "Will you send Canadian troops into Iraq?" He probably would have sent some non-combat divisions (medics, engineers, Military police) since its all which Canada can really send due to the limited Size of troops and the fact that most are tied down in UN global balony missions.

Actually the question was, "Would you have sent troops to Iraq." It wasn;t much of a question because he'd already been attacking the Liberals for wanting no part of Georgie's illegal invasion.

$1:
No, it basicaly requires military equipment to enforce the peace! When the peace keepers go under attack (and they always DO) I would feel a lot confortable knowing they have the best equipment to dfend themselves from insurgents.

That doesn't match what military analysts all over the world say. Equipment and training (you cannon fodder proponents always skip the training part) is different for different tasks. Peacekeeping is much different than bombing the crap out of women and kids like Georgie likes to do, so different equipment is required. Are you going to tell me that you're smarter than military professionals all over the planet now, Godz?

$1:
AGAIN read my response to the "this war was for oil" B.S If they wanted the oil, they would have simply dealt with Saddam directly, get exclusive rights to it, and reduce prices greatly. By attacking Iraq they endanger the oil pipelines making them vulnerable to attacks, and increasing the price in turn.

Again, you are ignoring the facts because they don't fit your delusional little worldview. They needed to take over Iraq because other interests already had signed contracts. There is no way they could have just taken over the oil without an invasion.

$1:
Your right..most NDP-Leftists say we should cut the military altogether! And just send our troops to the UN. (Yes the same UN which has China on its Human rights record!)

I think you should have at least checked the NDP site to see what their actual proposed policies are. I guess it's easier for you to make shit up though.

$1:
Harper did'nt want to rebuild the military to the needs of anybody. Layton Martin and Duceppe in the debates stated that it would be better to serve under the UN (sic) than under the star spangled banner. What Harper was saying is that they serve under neither...but under the Maple Leaf! He wanted to establish a Made in Canada defense and Foreign policy to the best intrests of Canada (not the "Global Community" but Canadians first)

Canada is a middle power. A "Canada First" military would have to be huge and would require massive funding. We cannot afford that. Given Canada's place on the world stage there is no reason why we'd want to afford it, either. We have no imperial ambitions and deal with the rest of the world through trade and aid. As a result we are well thought of and carry more influence than our size would indicate. Being sold some fairy tale by Stephen Harper, doesn't make Canada suddenly larger or wealthier or more inclined to kill people for their resources, it just shows the depths of Harper's (and by extension your own) depravity.

$1:
CSIS and RCMP official have been saying for years and years that middle-eastern terrorist have been operating in Canada and DO intend to attack this country. Terrorists don't care if your out there protesting the war..they're terrorists..they'll attack anyone who does not call god "Allah". They attacked Russia, Italy, Germany, Australia, even Argentina and Japan. Wake up, and stop living in denial.

CSIS and the RCMP have said all sorts of things over the years. You should look into what the RCMP said about the FLQ back in the seventies. That was drastically wrong too. You are simply promoting your own bigoted views again though...that all Muslims are evil and want to kill us. We know you're full of crap on that particular subject and that much of what you type could easily be considered hate literature, so drop it.

Robair @ Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:13 pm

Godz46 Godz46:
He probably would have sent some non-combat divisions (medics, engineers, Military police) since its all which Canada can really send due to the limited Size of troops and the fact that most are tied down in UN global balony missions.
UN global balony missions? Once again, please cite an example. And then you will have to explain why this global balony mission is less important than Iraq.

Do much reading Godz? Like, any at all? I read a GREAT book last year that I thing you would like. It's full of Canadian Millitary stuff, and a little UN stuff... it's called Shake Hands with the Devil The failure of humanity in Rwanda. It is written by one Canadian LGen Romeo Dallaire. Get a copy. I'd send you mine but I like it too much. Even part of my signature is taken right out of that book.

Rev_Blair @ Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:18 pm

That is a great book Robair. I intend to read it again just as soon as I finish Linda McQuaig's new one, "It's the Crude, Dude." You should pick up a copy of that too, Godz.

Rev_Blair @ Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:54 am

$1:
Is every poll taht show Canadians supporting thinsg that you don't approve of twisted? Geez man, your pathetic.

Nope, there have been plenty of valid ones. That isn't one of them though. It was an attempt by Can-West to skew things.

$1:
The Liberal/NDP attack ads stated "Steven Harper will send troops to Iraq". Its that simple. And time and time again, Harper said that even if he wanted it would be impossible for him to do so considering the situation of the armed forces.

You are still missing the point...being purposely obtuse. Harper lacked the moral courage and understanding of international politics and Canada's place in it to stay out of Iraq. That is very clear by statements he made when the war was starting. That also is not the question he was asked time and again by the press, one that he never did answer because he knew the Canadian people did not agree with him.

$1:
And again, the attack was not illegal, it was approved by Congress and approved by the majority of Ameircans. We nor any other nation has the right to tell the US (or any nation) how to protect themselves.

Each country has a right to protect itself. No country has the right to unilaterally invade another. What did or didn't do has absolutely no bearing on international law and international law is what applies because...and you can check this on a map...Iraq is not part of the United States.

$1:
What was China, France or Russia gonna do had Saddam said okay no contracts for you anymore, I'll give them to the US?

Thay already had existing contracts. I realise that this is complicated for you, but a contract is a legal document and must be honoured. There are international tribunals that decide disputes like this and the US didn't have a case.

$1:
Are they gonna invade the US? Bullshit, there's not a thing those countries can do had that situation taken place. The US being the superpower it is, will not get challenged by anybody at the current time.

Your arrogance matches your ignorance.

$1:
According to letters to the editor in the Gazette, call ins to local talk shows and protests around the city, there's no doubt in my mind that there is a huge (I don't know if its a majority) concensus within the NDP to simply scarp the military, fold the remaining forces to the UN and use the money saved for Public housing, education, Health Care and various other social programs.

Are those letters signed by the NDP? I thought not. There are some in the NDP that would scrap the military, but very few. If you want to know the NDP's policy, check their web-site.

$1:
Heck man, your talking to a guy who has a brother and two step sistsers who are card-carying members of the NDP and let's just say 2 of them believe the military shoudl be scrapped. I know the left, I had a front-row seat growing up.

Sorry, that don't cut it. I have a backstage pass. What you are saying is wrong, you refuse to check the facts that will prove to that it's wrong, and you keep spouting the smae erroneous message. That's called willful ignorance, Godz. It leads to massive and purposeful stupidity. You are a perfect example of that.

$1:
National security is a must for every soverign nation. Adn we CAN afford should we simply scarp the sponsership program, failed social policies like the gun registry, the CRTC, art subsidies, federaly funded advertisements, meanigless bureaucracies like "the secretary of state of multiculturism" like we need a government which tells us to be nice to each other and TONS of other junk that are simply too much for me to list over here.

So you would have a massive army, roughly the same tax burden we carry now, and no social programs. You may want to live in a country like that, but I like it here in the first world.

$1:
Listen, get this little myth out of your head, Canada isn't LOVED by the world. Truth is the world could'nt care less whether Canada is Liberal or Conservative, Black or white, yellow or green. Many of your beloved sociologists AND (the mothe rof all leftists) Naomi Klein, have stated in their writings that contrary to popular beliefs, Canadians arn't exactly LOVED by the world. Were just not as despised as the US (But were despised in many countries none the less)

You are again missing the point. I've explained this before, but you didn't get it then either. When it comes to cooperating with many diverse nations at once, working through multi-lateral institutions, and helping other countries through trade and aid deals, Canada is second to none. Most countries with our wealth tie strings to trade and aid deals, most countries of our size do not belong to a plethora of multi-lateral institutions. That isn't as strong as it used to be before Mulroney tried to turn us into a sattelite of the US, but it is still very real.

$1:
Since when was having a strong military that is modern and prepared for whatever it is thrown at it "Imperial"? Ireland, Germany, France and Japan have modern, large and prepared armies, but no one lables them (at least today
) imperialists.

You misquoted so badly that time that your response does not make sense in the context of the quote. France is very much seen as an imperialist force, especially in Africa. Germany and Japan are more often accused of economic imperialism, not without reason. History dictates that they cannot get away with what other countries do though. Again, you need to gain a grasp or world politics.

$1:
All that I'm saying is that we are targets. Like it or not, you can crawl up in a fetal position and beg for mercy all you want, we are targets. (we were mentioned in Al-Qiada statements and threats. evreyone agrees that there are Al-Qaida cells in this country and we will be attacked). All that I'm suggesting is that when they do, were ready to counter strike.

So we need a huge army to fight terrorism? The biggest army in the world couldn't catch bin Laden and can't gain control of Iraq. Why would we want to be like them?

Robair @ Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:45 am

Godz46 Godz46:
$1:
UN global balony missions? Once again, please cite an example

Sure, how about patrolling the Suez Canal and the Golan Heights. (many Canadian troops there under the UN).

So instead of removing land mines, supporting the red cross, and keeping the peace, we should be starting a war, killing civilians, and helping turn Iraq into a radioactive waste dump??

Please explain your logic.

Rev_Blair @ Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:47 am

There is no logic behind it, Robair. It is just a mindless repetition of policies proven to be harmful to the entire world over and over again.

human @ Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:10 pm

Avro Avro:
We should all be outraged.

Indeed, we should...

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next