Canada Kicks Ass
Harper insulting Newfoundlanders with ad campaign

Whos_Voting_Oil @ Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:35 pm

Harper insulting Newfoundlanders with ad campaign, Williams says
2 hours, 56 minutes ago

ST. JOHN'S, N.L. (CP) - Newfoundland Premier Danny Williams said Tuesday that the prime minister's ad campaign against him is an insult to residents of his province.

Williams, who admitted he hasn't seen the ads, said he would be happy if Stephen Harper were voted out of office immediately.

"I think the running of those ads just insults the intelligence and the integrity of the people of Newfoundland and Labrador," Williams said at a news conference.

"The quicker this government could be out of office would make me very happy, so if that's the case, this afternoon. I don't like what Mr. Harper represents, I don't like what Conservatives are representing right now in this country."

The federal Conservatives are expected to hit back this week against the premier with radio and print ads to run in Newfoundland and Labrador that accuse him of running a misinformation campaign over the federal budget.

Williams took out print ads last week in newspapers across the country, accusing Harper of breaking a promise over equalization.

Williams is upset because the budget only allows the province access to a newer, more generous equalization program if they give up the Atlantic Accord on offshore oil revenues.

That accord, signed with the previous Liberal government, excluded offshore oil revenues from equalization calculations.

fatbasturd @ Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:36 pm

Go Danny Go Danny :D

RUEZ @ Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:36 pm

Danny Williams is really starting to be a crybaby.

Tricks @ Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:43 pm

Maybe Fat's works for Harper? 8O

fatbasturd @ Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Tricks Tricks:
just gave the fatman an idea ya did :D

Confused @ Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:14 pm

fatbasturd fatbasturd:
Tricks Tricks:

Danny Williams is such an idiot. Go home Danny. Go home.

Tricks @ Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:20 pm

fatbasturd fatbasturd:
Tricks Tricks:
Is that a bad thing? :lol:

CanadianJeff @ Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:48 pm

"Williams, who admitted he hasn't seen the ads"

With all due respect for Williams (ie none) you should have just shut up right there.

Istanbul @ Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:55 pm

Rowing, in a dory,
Off the banks of Newfoundland.
Rowing, in a dory,
With a codfish in my hand...

I like that little ditty.

:lol:

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:06 pm

Alright who's the ass that explained the ads to the newfies??? Couldn't leave well enough alone... the ads would have served their purpose and the newfies would have been pleased as punch that the PM was talking about them.

neoconNed @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:38 pm

as a typical neocon, I fail to understand why Dan Williams has the right to say anything negative about the worlds' best ruler, that being Steve Harper. Steve Harper has a great head of molded grey hair and should never be spoken to in a negative fashion like Dan has chosen to do. So what if the latest budget will cost the Newfs BILLIONS of dollars? So what if they will always be a "have not" province, dependant on MY neocon tax dollars?? We need troops for the military and workers for my big oil stocks, er, for our wealthy business owners in Alberta, and if Newfoundland had an economic future, where would we get the drones we need??? ONTARIO???. Who are the Newfs to say anything??? If Steve Harper and Pete MmmmKay say it's for the good of the country, you can take it to the bank. GO STEVE GO!!!

sasquatch2 @ Wed May 02, 2007 7:12 pm

Dion phoned Williams and explained the ads to him..........

Tman1 @ Wed May 02, 2007 7:27 pm

Actually, exactly how are Newfoundlanders insulted? I may have missed it reading that vague article.