Canada Kicks Ass
MDs call for ban on smoking in car with kids

Previous  1 ... 16  17  18  19  20  21  Next

Ralph @ Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:40 pm

Zenfisher Zenfisher:
Hmmm ...is that a child with a smoking gun in your avatar Ralph? :twisted: :P 8O

Waterpistole :wink:

norad @ Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:48 pm

Sounds like fun! As long as I can kick your head in afterwards, Ralph. :):):)

Personal attacks now, eh, Ralph? Listen, if you want to play, then we will play...but do understand, I don't play nice, and I play to win no matter what it takes!

Rev_Blair @ Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:52 pm

Uh-uh...Norad's riding up front with me. We'll smoke and drive and drive and smoke. Maybe we'll even have a beer so we can toast how great it is to be smoking and driving and smoking. 8)

norad @ Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:56 pm

Ralph is getting into the personal attacks, Rev...watch out.

Ralph, I'm not saying I'm right, but you definitely are, and to be honest, that is dangerous.

Rev_Blair @ Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Those are hardly competent enough to be called attacks, Norad. Ralph is like a pesky fly in comparison to some I've dealt with. Saying bad things about Paul Cellucci can garner some strange e-mails, for instance. :lol:

norad @ Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:29 pm

True...

Ralph is having problems understanding some things I put forth. The principle of toxicology...he has no understanding of it!

I'm right, you're wrong attitude from Ralph even though his opinion is based on someone elses work, which he doesn't even question...no critical thought process whatsoever. It must be a drag going through life like that, but I guess ignorance is bliss to some.

So, Ralph, have you done any REAL research on the matter? Do you understand the basic principle of toxicology? Do you understand that simple exposure to shs does not equate to a lethal dose? Didn't think so.

Rev_Blair @ Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:55 pm

The whole criitical thinking thing amazes me. We're the most educated society ever, but if you don't quote somebody in a position of authority, preferably somebody that whoever you arguing with is known to agree with, you must be wrong.

Bizarre.

Ralph @ Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:48 pm

First of all ass pick it was you that started getting personal not me
Secondly you are on a keyboard not in a ring
It’s you making the threats not me it’s you saying if you don’t agree with me I’ll do something anything it takes. You are the ass hole.

Do you ever stop and read some of their crap that you write?
Very sad stuff.

And what links did you ever post that show that exposure to tobacco is safe
or toxicology report that shows that SHS is not dangerous.
Please lets see that.

Did you read the Phillip Morris material?
I would think that they would know a little more than you about their product don’t you?
They spent Millions upon millions fighting the science and then gave in WHY?

And if you’re going to lecture I would like to know your education level what experience you have aside from reading some book. Where did you get your doctorate what university did you write thesis in? Or post something that shows that there is some intelligent thought behind some of your less than intelligent statements.

Now have a nice day and for your information,
I shit scarcer things than you. But not as stinky :wink:

Ralph @ Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:13 pm

PROF. NORAD :wink:

[Toxicology of tobacco]

[Article in French]

Lagrue G, Branellec A, Lebargy F.

INSERM U139, hopital Henri-Mondor, Creteil.

Tobacco is one of the major toxic agents in our civilization. The extent and severity of the current smoking epidemics are due to the use of industrial cigarettes: their smoke, less irritant than that of cigars and pipe, can be inhaled intensively with rapid absorption of all toxic compounds. Tobacco smoke is composed of a gas phase (CO2, CO, CNH, etc.) and a particle phase (a very fine aerosol) in which more than 4000 substances have been identified. The main toxic compounds in tobacco are Co, nicotine and tars. CO binds to haemoglobin to form COHb, a major factor of hypoxia and vascular accidents. Within a few seconds, nicotine reaches the brain where it binds to specific receptors, which explains its psycho-active effects (psychological dependence) and the induction of physical dependence. This dual dependence is responsible for the failures and relapses observed in attempted withdrawals. Furthermore, nicotine stimulates the sympathetic system with hypersecretion of catecholamines resulting in vascular complications. Tars contain carcinogenic substances, such as aromatic hydrocarbons, which exert local effects on the respiratory tract and systemic effects since they are absorbed by the lungs; this explains the remote neoplasias such as cancer of the bladder. Tars also contain irritant agents (acrolein, formaldehyde, etc.) and oxidative substances responsible for chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Thus, all organs and tissues can be damaged by the toxic compounds that are present in tobacco and, in particular, in tobacco smoke.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hecs-sesc/tobacc ... -02_e.html

http://www.no-smoke.org/ntp.html

http://www.asmalldoseof.org/toxicology/nicotine.html

http://www.asmalldoseof.org/toxicology/nicotine.html

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/factsheets/s ... tsheet.htm

Rev_Blair @ Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:23 pm

$1:
The whole criitical thinking thing amazes me. We're the most educated society ever, but if you don't quote somebody in a position of authority, preferably somebody that whoever you arguing with is known to agree with, you must be wrong.

I hate to repeat myself, so I just did a C&P. 8O :lol: 8)

Rev_Blair @ Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:20 am

Okay, let's start at he bottom of Avro's childish little explosion.

I can afford to post all day because I am a freelance writer and spend each and every day writing.

I left my last full time job a month ago because I didn't need it anymore.

I am not, no matter what kind of stupidity Avro wants to scream, on any kind of government program. Not even Employment Insurance, a scheme I've paid into since before Avro had pubic hair.

Actually, I've been paying into pogey since 1978.

Yes, moron. I've mentioned it before, but I found a Dodge with a...o, never fucking mind. You'll just go frigging nuts about that too Come to my house Avro. I'll teach ya to light your toes on fire just to keep the ghost from lickin' ya. he's stuuck on this plane because I build a vapour barrier that not even the Pope can get through.

norad @ Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:36 am

Ralph, I will not repeat myself, but for your brain, which seems to be made of shit, here it is again, in CAPS....MERE EXPOSURE DOES NOT EQUATE TO A LETHAL DOSE! Do you understand that fuck up? Your avatar matches your brain power, no question about that. I can even picture you picking your nose and eating it. Shit for brains and snot for guts...no wonder you are stupid.

Rev_Blair @ Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:35 am

All you have left is personal attacks, Avro. That's a sure sign you have lost the argument.

Vote for whoever you like...I don't set NDP policy.

Previous  1 ... 16  17  18  19  20  21  Next