Canada Kicks Ass
Sweeping Canadian Law Bans Many Folding Knives

Previous  1  2  3

Tricks @ Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:50 am

Hyack Hyack:
I wonder what they'll say about my BenchMade mini Barrage 585 assisted opening knife......

Banned. My old Axis lock benchmade (not even assisted opening) was stupid easy to flick open because of the weight of the blade.

Tricks @ Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:50 am

stratos stratos:
Well F*** me sideways. In a couple threads over the years I predicted this. Sarcastically I would post after a knife attack that Knives would be banned because it follows the lefts logic in regards to guns.

I swear I am not a profit so don't hate me Trix.

You motherfucker.

Tricks @ Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
A fixed blade of over 4 1/2 inches has been illegal to carry for as long as I've been aware.
That's a myth, you can carry a fixed blade as long as you want. Nothing in the criminal code states anything about length of fixed blade.

$1:
prohibited weapon means

(a) a knife that has a blade that opens automatically by gravity or centrifugal force or by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to the handle of the knife, or

(b) any weapon, other than a firearm, that is prescribed to be a prohibited weapon; (arme prohibée)

There can be bylaws however that make it banned in certain areas.

$1:
I also never had any intention of using a blade as a weapon against humans. I've also never owned a blade that had one of those thumb studs. My knives are just fine, never saw the need to replace them with anything newer.

That's great for you. You could make the same argument about firearms. Just because a Mosin Nagant can do the job, doesn't mean someone shouldn't be allowed to buy a Remington 700.

$1:
All of these are tools, but all could be used as weapons if needed. Trying to classify many 'knives' as one or the other is idiotic. Many could be 'weapons' only, but the vast majority could be used either way.

There are ones that genuinely make sense as weapons. Example, push daggers. Those service little function outside being a weapon, so that I can fully get behind. I still wish I could buy them, but I can at least understand it. This ruling is pure nonsense.

Tricks @ Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:01 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Hard to believe that Canadians were not so long ago considered the most fearsome warriors in the Western world.

Now you people are devolving into a bunch of dickless pussies who all too readily surrender your rights to a bunch of unelected feminized douchebags.

Sad that good Canadian men bled and died so you people could make yourselves into sheep.

I'm sure the many knife makers and carriers will have something to say about this.

Previous  1  2  3