Tax Cuts, How they really work.

1  2  3  Next

WarHawkster @ Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:46 am

Good read!

Rev_Blair @ Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:04 am

:roll:

jadeofthenorth @ Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:47 am

I'm annoyed when people say 'I can spend my money better than the government'

The government spends your tax dollars on roads, health care, education etc. And don't try to tell me private health care is more efficient--the insurance companies make a killing on it, having a third party make so much money is not the least bit effiecent. Health care is having problems because people expect quality health care without having to pay higher taxes.

Taxes should be higher for those who can afford them. Everyone above a reasonably determined level of economic stability should have to pay an equal amount of their income, not just the rich--everyone but the poor.

spikecomix @ Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:03 pm

I liked the story because they beat up the rich guy! :o (jk)

WarHawkster @ Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:34 pm

Rev_Blair Rev_Blair:
:roll:

Is that a retort?

Stellar @ Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:52 pm

The tax cut also left out the poor made some companies screw out every third light bulb, a high school had to shut down and a state Library had to close in Hawaii. :roll:

Yea so sure the tax cut is good.........(For the rich that is)

WarHawkster @ Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:54 pm

Why should the rich be punished for being successful?

WarHawkster @ Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:22 pm

I can attest to the state of our roads, My neighborhood for years was paved, but about 5-6 years ago they changed is to gravel (wtf?). And I live in one of the most wealthiest areas in town!

Mukluk @ Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:35 pm

JadeoftheNorth JadeoftheNorth:
Taxes should be higher for those who can afford them.

Holy cow. I don't think you need to have higher taxes in SK. Are you really in SK?

I love the original post, it is a good way to explain it. People love boiling it down to $ rather than %...which really skews the results.

I live in the US at present, and don't look forward to heading back North in 5yrs or so. With all the deductions down here, I end up paying 10% or less in income tax and can't IMAGINE where all the tax money goes in Canada.

As for the American system - it is the #1 cause of personal bankruptcy, so let's not say it is equal when it comes to access.

m

WarHawkster @ Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:38 pm

Let's hope the Conservatives win next federal election.

Stellar @ Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:14 pm

Lets not hope at least in my opinion that’s. I think this because I really don’t want U.S type government in Canada.

You see, you don't need to always be smart to be successful, you can study 24/7 it doesn’t necessarily mean your going to get far in life, what you do need is a truck load of money :lol:
That aught’ a get you pretty far in life if you use it right.

WarHawkster @ Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:18 pm

An American style government is what Canada needs IMO.

1  2  3  Next