Canada Kicks Ass

1  2  Next

Gonzo @ Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:20 pm

Your right that they shouldn't dither and dalley. They should flat out say no. The missile defence system doesn't work. The technology doesn't exist and Canada never has and never will have to defend itself against missiles. Oh yeah, it's just raining missiles here. The only thing a patriote missile has shot down is a british fighter jet. Do we need a missile defence system along pacific rim national park, shooting down Air Canada flights? It will cost us something, alot of money flushed down the toilett that could of gone into health care or our military. Plus, terrorist dont use missiles to attack. The money could be better spent.

Vanni_Fucci @ Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:29 am

I'm not opposed to military spending...I totally support beefing up our military...but not at the expense of the people...our government is rather polarized these days...you're either a right-wing, racist, militant, americanized hater of freedom...or you're not...

Having said that, I think that the missile defense shield is a waste of money, not because the US is pushing us toward it, and not because the left is against it...I'm opposed to it because there is no need for it...our foreign policy is such that we don't piss off countries that are likely to nuke us...and if we did, then we vote out the government and vote in another that is more moderate and amicable...

The US fear-mongering propoganda machine may have set you on edge, Godz...but it's not enough to convince me that we are in danger of being nuked by anyone...unless its by the US...and what good would their precious missile defense shield be to us then?

Vanni_Fucci @ Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:25 pm

We're on Al-Qaeda's hit list because we did the right thing and took up the cause of fighting the war on terror...

...and any missile targetted at Canada from anywhere but Europe would have to fly in US airspace...so their missile defense shield would protect us anyway...

...it's less than likely that a scruffy band of terrorists would have ICBMs anyway...a more likely scenario would involve detonation of a dirty bomb in the middle of Toronto or Vancouver...and how would that be prevented by missile defense?

...and his name is Kim Jong-Il...and he doesn't hate us...

Redragon @ Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:24 pm

I don't think in the next century we'll have a big problem with incoming ballistic missiles. That time has already come and past. In the next century, the threat is a single briefcase. When something as insignificant as that can devastate a whole city, we should be spending our time and effort preventing this scenario. That being said, I don't think we have a choice but to join the US with the program. It's going to spark an arms race, with Russia and China leading the way. While I don't think Russia will be launching anything at us anymore, the arctic is still international territory. China has launched a new SSBN recently and if it can't reach the US from its east, west and southern coast, a nice alternative would be the north. If Chinese missiles were to be destroyed over Canada, I think we must have a say.

Vanni_Fucci @ Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:33 am

Yes...and every man, woman and child in Canada should be issued a bullet proof vest and kevlar helmet just in case a plane load of angry North Koreans drops in and starts shooting defenseless Canadians...and we should all receive respirators and NBC suits just in case an Al Qaeda sleeper cell rises up to strike us all down with sarin gas or anthrax...you never fucking know, do you...and I'm sure the Americans will be more than happy to protect us from their enemies because they love us so much...

I'll be expecting mine in the mail in 4 to 6 weeks...

Vanni_Fucci @ Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:36 am

Careful now...the terror alert is elevated...the neocon propoganda fear machine has made you stupid...

Vanni_Fucci @ Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:08 am

No...I was the one who pointed out how easily the US could, if they were of a mind to, take our country from us in 2 to 3 days time...

...I'm still waiting for my care package from the DOD... :lol:

...Canada being a target of Al Qaeda doesn't keep me awake at night...the Brits have yet to suffer an Al Qaeda attack...once that happens then I"ll think about being concerned about a terrorist attack on Canadian soil...

Vanni_Fucci @ Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:16 am

Which is why we've troops deployed to Afghanistan...do we know of any other countries that have been harbouring Al Qaeda? I mean apart from Pakistan...

human @ Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:37 am

Vanni_Fucci Vanni_Fucci:
Which is why we've troops deployed to Afghanistan...do we know of any other countries that have been harbouring Al Qaeda? I mean apart from Pakistan...

There is a chance to sprint an Al Quad’a cell in every Moslem community with a Mosque all over the entire world; here, there, and every where, and you know why?

Because Al Quad’a is the base of going back to true Islam IDIOLOGY.

It is an Ideology and not an organization as our leaders imply in accordance with the idiotic intelligence they gather...

Pakistan and Indonesia have the most, though...:lol:

QBC @ Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:42 am

Oh my, Some of what I've read here, must have been taken from Hitler's speech's. The same paranoia was exploited by the Nazi's about the Jews and look what happened there. As a side note, Godz, your avatar rather disturbing. Ya know VF, I heard that Moose Jaw is the first Al Quada target in Canada, next is Blackburn BC. Watch were you holiday this summer this year, cause we all know the Al Quada won't attack us during winter. Also US "intelligence" has said that Tim Hortons dognut shops are the prime target where ever they attack. I think they want to stop the supply of ICE CAPS during the hot summer months, or maybe it's a US plan to help Dunkin Dognuts make it in Canada. Hard to say don't ya think?

1  2  Next