Canada Kicks Ass
WE Charity: Lawyers, Guns and Money

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Thanos @ Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:14 pm

None of which has anything to do with that the government was going to give almost a billion dollars to a pair of greaseballs who come across that, if they were Americans, instead of a "charity" they'd be running an evangelical mega-church that sells colloidal silver as a cure for COVID. The Kielburgers are a couple of thoroughly insincere grifters and Trudeau was going to let them "supervise" the distribution of unaccountable money. If you think that some $16 glass of orange juice from a decade ago that a minister resigned over is worse then you've got some odd priorities.

We're lucky this scam got stopped dead in it's tracks before something really bad happened. This had all the hallmarks of being yet another episode of friends-of-Liberals becoming incredibly rich all thanks to the Liberal tendency to *nudge-nudge-wink-wink* with their designated bagmen.

FieryVulpine @ Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:02 pm

Now that herbie has got his nonsensical yapping out of the way... the Kielburgers greed and the Liberals' stupidity are what did the program in. It proves that the Liberal Party is simply incapable of learning from their monumental screw-ups.

herbie @ Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:08 pm

I don't know dick about the Kielburgers or their supposed deeds, only commenting on the process as that's what Andrew Sneer and the nothing to offer Party is trying to work people into a frenzy about.
Been there myself, I was the ONLY qualified person to apply for a paid job but they decided I was in a conflict of interest as I used to be on the Board of Directors once. The guy they did hire quit after a day (it was too hard) and has been unfilled for 25 years now.

FieryVulpine @ Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:26 pm

And yet more nonsense from Herb, who proves why the Liberal party depends on clueless bumpkins to stay in power. :lol:

Scape @ Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:41 am

Keep it civil please.

Mowich @ Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:12 am

herbie herbie:
A small dog barking and snapping at the wind.
And I hope every student come next election remembers who fucked them out of their summer earnings to create the illusion of a scandal.

I hope every student who thought they should get paid for volunteering got a dose of reality.

Mowich @ Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:16 am

Thanos Thanos:
None of which has anything to do with that the government was going to give almost a billion dollars to a pair of greaseballs who come across that, if they were Americans, instead of a "charity" they'd be running an evangelical mega-church that sells colloidal silver as a cure for COVID. The Kielburgers are a couple of thoroughly insincere grifters and Trudeau was going to let them "supervise" the distribution of unaccountable money. If you think that some $16 glass of orange juice from a decade ago that a minister resigned over is worse then you've got some odd priorities.

We're lucky this scam got stopped dead in it's tracks before something really bad happened. This had all the hallmarks of being yet another episode of friends-of-Liberals becoming incredibly rich all thanks to the Liberal tendency to *nudge-nudge-wink-wink* with their designated bagmen.

Ah, Thanos thank heavens there are still some rational thinking folks like you. Not that anything you or I might say will change what blindly devoted liberal fans believe.

Mowich @ Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:21 am

herbie herbie:
I don't know dick about the Kielburgers or their supposed deeds, only commenting on the process as that's what Andrew Sneer and the nothing to offer Party is trying to work people into a frenzy about.
Been there myself, I was the ONLY qualified person to apply for a paid job but they decided I was in a conflict of interest as I used to be on the Board of Directors once. The guy they did hire quit after a day (it was too hard) and has been unfilled for 25 years now.

Well herbie may you should spend some time actually looking into the K brothers and WE because they are rotten to the core. Fact is that the public service union has completely refuted the PMs dishonest claims that WE was the ONLY org able to deliver the program. It was nothing less than liberal cronyism from the start.

Mowich @ Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:28 am

FieryVulpine FieryVulpine:
Now that herbie has got his nonsensical yapping out of the way... the Kielburgers greed and the Liberals' stupidity are what did the program in. It proves that the Liberal Party is simply incapable of learning from their monumental screw-ups.

Well at least he was honest enough to admit he didn't know what he was talking about because he never bothered to look into WE and the K brothers, FV.

FieryVulpine @ Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:45 am

Mowich Mowich:
Well at least he was honest enough to admit he didn't know what he was talking about because he never bothered to look into WE and the K brothers, FV.

Which is more than what could be said about some hyper-partisans I have seen on Twitter who deny, downplay, or outright lie about the seriousness of this. Much of it devolves into whataboutisms about Stephen Harper.

herbie @ Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:43 am

The political scandal isn't about the Keilburgers, it's about the PMs actions.
But, as usual for triggered, outraged extreme conservatives, even when the definition of the offense is explained in plain English, many can only ignore it and deflect to claiming it is about something else.

Mowich @ Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:02 pm

$1:
herbie herbie:
Or maybe Canadians will look into what actually IS a conflict of interest. Otherwise, the Tory party with no actual positive positions whatsoever will start ranting about how they bought the RCMP new Camaro pursuit cars and Trudeau's cousin had a Chevrolet station wagon back in 1965 so that's obviously corruption at work. and his Finance Minister's grandson works at Kal Tire and they sell umpteen tires that will fit Camaros!
Sophie did not get paid by WE while Justin was PM, what his mother and brother did or even do now for WE is totally irrelevant unless they're on WE's Board of Directors or worked on lobbying for the contract. The civil service made the suggestion aa the only option. He's going to be cleared.
Likewise Marneau's daughter unless she's a Board member or lobby for the contract.

Total bullshit.

$1:
HTG if I was PM would I be required to recluse myself for awarding a contract to Telus to expand rural Internet because my daughter works as an hourly worker in one of their big city call centers? Or because I get a union pension from one of their predecessor companies?

Absolutely amazing that you would equate awarding a contract to Telus because you daughter was an hourly worker with the PM awarding a contract to WE worth close to a billion dollars when it was already well known that WE was in financial difficulty, had fired their board chairman because she asked for full disclosure on all financial documents; followed that by firing the entire board and then fired 450 employees just prior to being awarded the contract. It is also amazing that you have no problem with a government that is completely unable to understand conflict of interest guidelines and totally and thoroughly inept when it comes to due diligence and the vetting of a company that stood to gain millions in taxpayer's money.

$1:
My disrespects equally apply to Mr Singh and Mulcair for their tagging along like poodles on the fringes of a pack. You fucked the WE charity, you fucked the students to TRY to gain a c-hair of political support. One more chip in a decade of tiny reasons for me to mo longer support the NDP.

WE were and are completely and totally responsible for their downfall. Not the NDP, not the Conservatives, not the Bloc and not the Greens. They and they alone are the authors of their own misfortune which with even the smallest bit of research on WE you would have known.

Mowich @ Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:37 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Remember back when the Opposition parties were insisting that is was important for the HoC to reconvene albeit with all the pandemic safeguards in place, Thanos? I do, and it makes me wonder what might have been had they indeed been sitting when this program was under discussion. Far easier to question those in charge of vetting the program in the HoC then trying to chase down a bunch of liberals hiding in their homes.

I am currently watching the Committee question Ian Shugart - Clerk of the Privy Council. So far he's thrown that Telford bitch under the bus for not ensuring that the little potato recuse himself; threw the public service commission under the bus for their performance in this matter and ....and was never aware in his own right of all the problems brewing around WE - guess he never reads the news.

Chagger was also before the committee. She was the minister in charge of making sure the program was being vetted properly and she was the one who BEFORE the program got cabinet approval was already doling out money to WE. It took the Chair to finally get her to answer a straight forward yes or no question with a yes or no revealing the fact that indeed the minister did have a meeting with a K brother which succinctly explains why she fought so hard not to answer the question as that puts her in a direct conflict of interest.

Stugart just admitted that none of the information available on the financial irregularities surrounding WE was ever raised or considered when the so-called charity was being vetted. Now he is telling the committee that he was never aware of any gaps in the information being provided to the various committees regarding all the red flags that had been reported in the media as far back as 2019. So what the hell is the job of the Privy Council if not to ensure that due diligence is being done?

Mowich @ Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:44 pm

herbie herbie:
The political scandal isn't about the Keilburgers, it's about the PMs actions.
But, as usual for triggered, outraged extreme conservatives, even when the definition of the offense is explained in plain English, many can only ignore it and deflect to claiming it is about something else.

Right you are, herbie. This is about the PMs actions in this matter. Those actions being not recusing himself in the matter when he, his family, and his finance minister had direct connections with the brothers and WE.

This isn't rocket science, herbie. This is yet another scandal brought about the inept liberal minority government who obviously have no clue what due diligence, proper vetting and thorough examinations of a company due to receive millions in tax payers dollars when all the information they needed was in the public domain.

Sorry herbie, but it is more than apparent that the one being triggered here is .......you.

herbie @ Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:35 pm

Well join the mob of those unclear of the concept and cry in your pillow when all he gets is a whack on the peepee.
Seems that not getting paid NOW by the We foundation and not being part of the WE organization is not grounds enough, but simply knowing the people in charge of it is an utter crime against God.
And inventing a charity and paying yourself to run it, absolutely disgusting!

Shit are you a Conservative or are you a Communist? Like you're all on about knowing a capitalist pig or paying yourself for your own work is a crime, yet it's a virtue in conservative, capitalist thought!
I don't have the slightest interest in those two clowns, the contract is off, they're charity's now fucked, the students are all fucked out of money and as I say the Nothing To Offer At All Party continues to drag out the issue as it's all they have. That's an accomplishment?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next