WE Charity: Lawyers, Guns and Money

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

DrCaleb @ Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:32 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Actually zero student got paid

That should be the takeaway.

Mowich @ Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:34 pm

herbie herbie:
So now it's September and school's back. Zero students got paid for volunteer work and a major charity is leaving Canada. Let's see Pierre Poilievre rant, toss papers in the air and celebrate the great Tory accomplishments. Maybe my grandkid can bum that $600 the irresponsible Libs sent me that I could have lived without for his tuition. Hope my hard core Tory sister who ranted about WE so much can help out all three of her daughters.... :roll:

BTW I'll be writing Mr Singh about riding on the Tory coat-tails without offering a single alternative that actually got students some money.

The idea that anyone should get paid to 'volunteer' is simply ludicrous and goes against the very meaning of volunteerism. Students have made out very well with the billions of dollars this government has been throwing at them. There was no lack of jobs available to those with the gumption to take them in order to earn money for tuition. Many did and those who chose to sit on CERB instead of doing so are now learning the error of their ways.

Still you rant and rail against the Conservatives as if they single-handedly brought this now notorious scandal to light whilst completely ignoring the important role that both the Bloc and the NDP played in bringing the story to light. One of WE's and the government's most vocal critics is the NDP's Charlie Angus. You GO Charlie.

Mowich @ Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:36 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
herbie herbie:
So now it's September and school's back. Zero students got paid for volunteer work and a major charity is leaving Canada. Let's see Pierre Poilievre rant, toss papers in the air and celebrate the great Tory accomplishments. Maybe my grandkid can bum that $600 the irresponsible Libs sent me that I could have lived without for his tuition. Hope my hard core Tory sister who ranted about WE so much can help out all three of her daughters.... :roll:

BTW I'll be writing Mr Singh about riding on the Tory coat-tails without offering a single alternative that actually got students some money.

Actually zero student got paid from a major scam organization passing itself off as a charity.

R=UP R=UP

herbie @ Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:16 pm

$1:
The idea that anyone should get paid to 'volunteer' is simply ludicrous and goes against the very meaning of volunteerism.

Yeah it does, but when you live in a small town and non-profits clap themselves on the back thinking they've done something righteous selling $5 home cooked lunches, they can explain it to the servers that got laid off from an actual job because there's no more lunch business. And the butt squeakingly cheap pilots and office managers who ate there didn't give a flying fuck about their cause. MAybe the winos did...
Or the 2nd hand store that closed when two volunteer run ones opened on the same block.

Look at the effect before you promote the ideology.

PluggyRug @ Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:31 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

?

Thanos @ Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:21 pm

There was other ways of getting money to those students without sifting it through the hands of a pair of secular grifters first. Like, via direct deposit to the student's bank accounts, the exact same way deposits for student loans and grants happen? :roll:

DrCaleb @ Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:16 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

?

Students who were trying to get a summer job to pay for school this fall had no job and no income. Not just because of this scandal, but in general.

I'm kind of surprised I had to write that out loud.

DrCaleb @ Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:18 am

Thanos Thanos:
There was other ways of getting money to those students without sifting it through the hands of a pair of secular grifters first. Like, via direct deposit to the student's bank accounts, the exact same way deposits for student loans and grants happen? :roll:

Student loans and grants rarely cover the cost of tuition, let alone books, room, and board. Summer jobs are key to fall tuition.

Scape @ Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:42 pm

DrCaleb @ Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:53 am

It's fun to watch so much horseshit fly around while not being in the middle of a rodeo.

Scape @ Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:09 pm

The White Saviors

$1:
Craig Kielburger was the Greta Thunberg of the 90s – a 12 year-old kid from the suburbs who dreamed of freeing the world’s children from slavery. His activism made him famous, and he was endorsed by Oprah, the Pope, the Queen, and the Clintons. His campaign became a global movement and a powerful brand. But right from the start, there were uncomfortable questions about money and exploitation. Decades later, it all came crashing down. But the seeds of WE’s self-destruction were planted right from the start.

Official responses from WE:

According to the WE Organization: neither the WE Organization nor Marc or Craig Kielburger have ever been investigated by a law enforcement agency, currently or in the past.

The WE Organization maintains that all financial transactions between its various entities, both charitable and for-profit, have followed all applicable laws.

In his libel claim against Saturday Night Magazine: Craig Kielburger said that the article was false and led people to wrongly believe he was keeping the money for himself. According to a reported statement by a Free the Children accountant, donations made prior to the organization becoming a registered charity were deposited in a separate bank account, and the group was being run as a charity pending Revenue Canada’s approval of its application.

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6