Canada Kicks Ass
Great New Online Database of Apartments & Condos

LIVdb @ Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:20 am

Hey Everybody, thought I'd SPAM the site with some of my free stuff.

:evil:

Yogi @ Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:27 am

Something that I don't understand about 'renting' is why? Come up with a few hundred bucks for the down on an old mobile, fix it up as you go, all the while instead of paying rent you are building equity, after a few years, sell, and you have the down on a better place, and so on!

Brenda @ Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:31 am

Holy crap, is this ever spam! :lol:

Because, Yogi... It's kinda hard to come up with a place to put your old mobile in the middle of the city, unless you have bought a $200,000 plot of land...

Yogi @ Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:39 am

Brenda Brenda:

Because, Yogi... It's kinda hard to come up with a place to put your old mobile in the middle of the city, unless you have bought a $200,000 plot of land...

Lot's of mobile homes for sale which are already set up in communities. 'Low down or no-down'. Or homes in smaller out-lying towns. Sure some travel and inconvenience is involved, but the savings far out-weigh. I could have put my 'down' on a brand new condo or house in the city and carried a mortgage but instead opted to look around. I paid in full for my home in a small town, bought all the materials for a complete up-grade, do the work as I feel motivated, and work when I want to.

Brenda @ Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:48 am

Yogi Yogi:
Brenda Brenda:

Lot's of mobile homes for sale which are already set up in communities. 'Low down or no-down'. Or homes in smaller out-lying towns. Sure some travel and inconvenience is involved, but the savings far out-weigh. I could have put my 'down' on a brand new condo or house in the city and carried a mortgage but instead opted to look around. I paid in full for my home in a small town, bought all the materials for a complete up-grade, do the work as I feel motivated, and work when I want to.

Any idea what kind of junk there is out there? :?

And... not everybody is able to do the work themselves. We are turning a 40 year old duplex into a single family home, and I can tell you it is a shitload of work to get it all up to code. I just spent $15,000 on kitchen materials... Doing all the work ourselves, from building the cabinets to the plumbing and wiring.
But, I finally have a functioning AND modern bathroom! (in the basement :lol: And it is the only one we have! :lol:)

canadian1971 @ Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:03 pm

Don't forget the property taxes!

Yogi @ Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:15 pm

canadian1971 canadian1971:
Don't forget the property taxes!

Very good point. My annual property taxes and service fees are less than $400.00 per year!

Brenda @ Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:25 pm

mine are over $2500. Including water and sewer ;-) And I live in the boofucking middle of nowhere!

Yogi @ Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Sure, there is lots of junk out there. Some, like mine was not, in my opinion 'livable' at the time I bought it. I lived in a holiday trailer for the first few months. The price reflected the condition! It has taken hard work and inconvenience to put it mildly. You know all about that B. The rewards though. The main reward though is that regardless of the economy or how my meagher investments do, I will always have a roof over my head and a place to call home!

If I could figure out how to attach more than one pic per post I would put a few here.

Brenda @ Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:51 pm

hit "post reply", scroll down to "upload attachment" (or something...) attach one, attach another, etc etc

And type 3 characters, or it will not submit ;-)

martin14 @ Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:13 pm

Yogi Yogi:
Sure, there is lots of junk out there. Some, like mine was not, in my opinion 'livable' at the time I bought it. I lived in a holiday trailer for the first few months. The price reflected the condition! It has taken hard work and inconvenience to put it mildly. You know all about that B. The rewards though. The main reward though is that regardless of the economy or how my meagher investments do, I will always have a roof over my head and a place to call home!

If I could figure out how to attach more than one pic per post I would put a few here.

I do mine the dumb way, all to photobukit, i can post 15 pics in one post that way.

Yogi @ Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:03 pm

I'll try a couple. The first is what I started with then followed by a few before and after pics.

***EDIT*** Nope. Only one pic at a time!

Brenda @ Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:13 pm

ah crap
Gotta get a photobucket account then!