Canada Kicks Ass
Challenger SRT Hellcat

Previous  1  2

ccga3359 @ Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:39 pm

CountLothian CountLothian:

ccga3359 ccga3359:
At 60 you should get an old mans car like a Jag. Sounds better too and about the same price: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J1m3oOqtqc 8O

OLD MANS CAR!!!!!!

*Grabs ccga by the scruff of the neck* "How old are you?"

:cry:

As near as makes no difference, a youthful 50. I understand that a dealer in Oregon is asking 100 grand for one of these Hellcats.

CountLothian @ Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:08 pm

ccga3359 ccga3359:
CountLothian CountLothian:

ccga3359 ccga3359:
At 60 you should get an old mans car like a Jag. Sounds better too and about the same price: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J1m3oOqtqc 8O

OLD MANS CAR!!!!!!

*Grabs ccga by the scruff of the neck* "How old are you?"

:cry:

As near as makes no difference, a youthful 50. I understand that a dealer in Oregon is asking 100 grand for one of these Hellcats.

As a teen me older brother took me and my best bud to watch Vanishing Point .
I fell in love with a white challenger . the whole movie is about the car.

For a long time one could not get the movie in Canada on VHS. It came out one night on a specialty Channel and it was like heaven for me .

Now i have it downloaded and still many a night when insomnia kicks in I watch her.

Anyway if you really are fifty you should know better than to call me an old man and then insult with jaguar junk...
LOL!!!!!!

XD

ccga3359 @ Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:25 pm

My apologies Sir, 49 and eleven months. In Vanishing Point I always root for the bull dozers... Now the Bullitt Mustang on the other hand :D

I do have question though, what if the road has a curve in it?

DanSC @ Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:38 pm

give hellcat ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DrCaleb @ Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:05 am

ccga3359 ccga3359:

BS! "Old man's car"!?! I'm not dead yet!

At my age, my next car will probably be an Alfa Romeo. I'm old enough to make enough to afford it, but young enough to drive the snot out of it. ;)

Although, an XJ in British Racing Green was on my bucket list, so an F Type in similar livery might still be too. :) burnout.gif
burnout.gif [ 9.04 KiB | Viewed 776 times ]

BartSimpson @ Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:57 am

ccga3359 ccga3359:

Floor it and drift the curve! 8)

CountLothian @ Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:45 am

ccga3359 ccga3359:
My apologies Sir, 49 and eleven months. In Vanishing Point I always root for the bull dozers... Now the Bullitt Mustang on the other hand :D

I got to actually drive a Shelby Mustang. A thing of beauty and artfulness all around .

But my claim to fame was a suped up firebird .My buddy owned one and had a bachelor apartment in St. James Town, back in the day when it was among other things cockroach free...lol..it was '75 and we decided to go to Montreal .

We made it in under 3 and half hours , that's downtown to downtown....with a piss stop. lol...

The "THING" had a top end of 135ish. miles an hour and we basically drove that until the heat light would come on and then bring er down to 90. We would see red lights on the 401 on the horizon and just eat up the space between us and them, cruise through the traffic and on to the next patch of lights.

I'll never forget it, totally awesome

As per my Hellcat Dream

Actually it's traction control system is amazing as seen in many a video .

ROFLMA @ rooting for bull dozers.
May Super Soul haunt thee well ....

BartSimpson @ Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:49 am

My particular hot rod was my 1972 Ford LTD (four door) that came with a 429ci Cobra Jet. At 45mph if I floored it the tires would smoke.

I miss that car. :(

CountLothian @ Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:54 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
My particular hot rod was my 1972 Ford LTD (four door) that came with a 429ci Cobra Jet. At 45mph if I floored it the tires would smoke.

I miss that car. :(

Ahhhh that esoteric feeling of having a car that would actually give one a tire chirp at 45mph.
Yes indeed , those cars were class acts . Big and roomy with an engine that did not know it.

Class!!!!!!

Robair @ Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:11 am

8) Very cool.

...I'd still rather drive the '70 Challenger.

willDouglas @ Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi guys, I want to get a challenger too and I went to check out a few dealers. I am between these two:
new 2015 sxt plus for $44,475
http://www.capitaljeep.com/new/Dodge/20 ... dddd84.htm

demo used 2014 coupe for $49,565
http://www.crosstownautocentre.com/cert ... 323961.htm

which one would you prefer?
I like the coupe and I think it is a good deal but it is not new and wife is worried about the space...what are your thoughts?

421_434_226 @ Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:29 pm

Much as I love these cars cant ever see my self spending that kind of cash on a vehicle, well maybe if I won the lottery, maybe I should buy a ticket someday.

Caelon @ Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:00 am

421_434_226 421_434_226:
Much as I love these cars cant ever see my self spending that kind of cash on a vehicle, well maybe if I won the lottery, maybe I should buy a ticket someday.

For $11K new or about $6K used you can beat the performance of the Hellcat in 0 to 60 and quarter mile times. You might be missing some of the amenities like air conditioning and doors, but you would be quicker. :lol:

Previous  1  2