Canada Kicks Ass
Honda oil consumption Attension Honda owners:

Tbone1980 @ Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:52 am

Hello to all, I am new to this forum, I am from the US. And I would like to get my story out, it's kind of an old topic but still needs to be resolved none the less.

Attension Honda owners: I own a 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour that has a defect from the factory. The problem is that they knowingly built and released millions of vehicles with defective piston rings in the engines causing them to burn and consume oil.
In the U.S. they acknowledged this problem through a class action lawsuit and the result was that they extended vehicle warranties to fix the problem, refferance TSB 13-079 warranty extension was up to 8 years and unlimited mileage. Problem is even though I reside in the U.S. my vehicle originated from the Canadian market and was told my vehicle will not be covered in the warranty extension. I am writing this as a public service because certain Honda vehicles in Canada may exhibit the same problems and something needs to be done about it. If you have one of the affected models, you vehicle will start running poorly and a misfire code will become present in the car's computer, the engine light will also begin to flash when this happens.
The vehicles will also begin consuming large amounts of oil and they will try and tell you this is normal for these vehicles but it is not. Spark plugs will also foul out frequently due to excessive oil getting into the combustion chamber while running. The warranty extension would cover the replacement of the faulty piston rings but it does not cover the Canadian vehicles as of yet. So I am seeking help to stand up and get Honda to extend services to fix the Canadian vehicles as well. Please keep in mind that some but not sure if all the Canadian vehicles were in fact produced in the U.S. at the same factories that the U.S. models were produced in, using the same methods and defective parts.

So that's my story as I am seeking any help in this matter. Any additional information on this would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks...

Tbone1980 @ Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:00 am

Attension Honda owners: I own a 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour that has a defect from the factory. The problem is that they knowingly built and released millions of vehicles with defective piston rings in the engines causing them to burn and consume oil.
In the U.S. they acknowledged this problem through a class action lawsuit and the result was that they extended vehicle warranties to fix the problem, refferance TSB 13-079 warranty extension was up to 8 years and unlimited mileage. Problem is even though I reside in the U.S. my vehicle originated from the Canadian market and was told my vehicle will not be covered in the warranty extension. I am writing this as a public service because certain Honda vehicles in Canada may exhibit the same problems and something needs to be done about it. If you have one of the affected models, you vehicle will start running poorly and a misfire code will become present in the car's computer, the engine light will also begin to flash when this happens.
The vehicles will also begin consuming large amounts of oil and they will try and tell you this is normal for these vehicles but it is not. Spark plugs will also foul out frequently due to excessive oil getting into the combustion chamber while running. The warranty extension would cover the replacement of the faulty piston rings but it does not cover the Canadian vehicles as of yet. So I am seeking help to stand up and get Honda to extend services to fix the Canadian vehicles as well. Please keep in mind that some but not sure if all the Canadian vehicles were in fact produced in the U.S. at the same factories that the U.S. models were produced in, using the same methods and defective parts.

I realize this may be an old topic but I think it is extremely unfair that Honda would fix the U.S. models and not the Canadian models.
Any additional information or comments are greatly appreciated thanks...

Freakinoldguy @ Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:34 am

So let me get this straight. You own a Canadian car that isn't covered under the extended warranty in America? :roll:

Seems to me that you're not getting screwed at all. You should be addressing your problems with Honda Canada because there's sweet fek all Honda America will do for you since you bought a car that was built and sold in Canada.

I guess for you it comes down to either buying shares in an oil company or "buying American" and since you didn't, the great deal you got by buying an imported Canadian car isn't such a great deal after all, exchange rate or not.

Tbone1980 @ Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:19 pm

I purchased the vehicle in the U.S. from an American used car dealer. The car was built by Honda of America in an American factory for the Canadian market but as stated it has the same problems as the American models. Honda of Canada claims no such problem exists but I beg to differ...I was unaware that this was a Canadian vehicle at time of purchase.

Freakinoldguy @ Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Tbone1980 Tbone1980:
I purchased the vehicle in the U.S. from an American used car dealer. The car was built by Honda of America in an American factory for the Canadian market but as stated it has the same problems as the American models. Honda of Canada claims no such problem exists but I beg to differ...I was unaware that this was a Canadian vehicle at time of purchase.

Sorry to hear that the used car dealer screwed you but the more disconcerting problem is that Honda Canada is denying responsibility for giving you an extended warranty.

Here's a site that assured Canadian customers that they'll get the same benefits. So you may be able to wave this under their nose and embarrass them into doing the right thing.

http://www.pressreader.com/canada/ottaw ... 6468944126

I'd have copied and pasted it for you but, Press Reader doesn't allow you to copy from their page.

Tbone1980 @ Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:46 am

Thank you, this could be very helpful.....

Freakinoldguy @ Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:14 pm

Tbone1980 Tbone1980:
Thank you, this could be very helpful.....

No problem. But here's a question. Have you thought about going to public with your story and having your local TV station have one of their consumer reporters tell the world about your complaint. It's a tactic that's worked for other problems and might just work for yours. None of these companies like to see their name dragged across a consumer news report especially when it's about how they're screwing the little guy and they usually end up doing the right thing after they've been outed by the media.

Tbone1980 @ Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:49 pm

Yes I have actually, that will be my next step...

Thanks again....