Canada Kicks Ass
Motorcycles

1  2  3  Next

Unsound @ Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Started watching Sons of Anarchy and decided I need a bike. Sold my old one couple years ago. Going for a cruiser this time and I think I've narrowed it down to a few.

If I go new It's either a Victory Judge or a Triumph Thunderbird. Alternatly I'm going to look at an older(2006) Victory Vegas 8 ball tomorrow.

The vegas is about half the price of the others, and from the pics seems to be in near mint condition, so I'll probably go with that if it's as good as advertised.

Otherwise, I'm wondering if anybody here has experience with either of the others? Or any other suggestions. Just talking about bikes ini general is awesome! :)

martin14 @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:10 am

Oh God, not another one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Victory make good bikes; low center of gravity, light to the touch, reliable,
looks good... Every Harley rider will immediately remind you that you didn't
buy a Harley Davidson.

By Thunderbird I'm guessing you are talking about the new ones.. ? ;)

Friend of mine in Spain has a big one, 1600 I think. He loves it, tears about like a mad dog all over the place, enough grunt to kick any other cruiser.

However, difficult to customize much, and you should check out how many
dealers / service are around, there may not be too much.. parts will be $$$$$.

Depends what you want, really. Both are good bikes, I'm guessing
the Triumph will be faster, better long distance cruiser, and you don't get
stupid questions from the Harley boys, because Triumph usually get a pass for that.

The Victory would probably be more fun to ride shorter trips,
more dealers, easier to make it yours.

And for God's sake, only complete asswipes wear SOA nonsense ! :lol: :lol:

Alta_redneck @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:13 am

This ones a bit more than a cruiser, and it's not for sale, but a $1000.00 donation will get your name on it, some place. Cruising speed was 235mph, after 2 trips to the salt flats the owner hopes he has the bugs worked out and is expecting to raise that speed to 250mph this fall.

IMAG0101-1.jpg
IMAG0101-1.jpg [ 633.26 KiB | Viewed 252 times ] IMAG0090-1-1.jpg
IMAG0090-1-1.jpg [ 311.76 KiB | Viewed 230 times ] IMAG0087-1-1-1.jpg
IMAG0087-1-1-1.jpg [ 273.21 KiB | Viewed 233 times ] IMAG0103.jpg
IMAG0103.jpg [ 938.42 KiB | Viewed 258 times ]
IMAG0004.jpg
IMAG0004.jpg [ 920.49 KiB | Viewed 257 times ]
IMAG0003.jpg
IMAG0003.jpg [ 871.97 KiB | Viewed 254 times ]

I think there's a video, would you like to see it fired up?

Yogi @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:37 am

Unsound Unsound:
Started watching Sons of Anarchy and decided I need a bike. Sold my old one couple years ago. Going for a cruiser this time and I think I've narrowed it down to a few.

If I go new It's either a Victory Judge or a Triumph Thunderbird. Alternatly I'm going to look at an older(2006) Victory Vegas 8 ball tomorrow.

The vegas is about half the price of the others, and from the pics seems to be in near mint condition, so I'll probably go with that if it's as good as advertised.

Otherwise, I'm wondering if anybody here has experience with either of the others? Or any other suggestions. Just talking about bikes ini general is awesome! :)

Ya should have posted a pic of your prospective new ride! That's OK tho cuz I'm doing it for ya. :lol: ( I can send you a couple of links)
This IS the actual bike you are thinking of. Nice looking bike. Don't forget to add another $1,000 for good gear.
'06 Victory Vegas 8-Ball.jpg
'06 Victory Vegas 8-Ball.jpg [ 125.42 KiB | Viewed 520 times ]

Do some research on the bike. Reviews etc. as well as current pricing. Pick out 5 parts & compare the replacement costst against other bikes.

Also consider 'how much bike do I need?

***And like Martin says. Stay away from the SOA kinda crap!

Unsound @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:29 am

SOA is a good show, and it was watching them ride that me want a bike again. No intention of wearing any gear or anything, that ranks just above Tapout gear on the DB scale for me :)

The Triumph would be my first choice, except for the Price. I have no concerns about support for the Triumph as I've already owned an America and a Daytona and had only good experiences with Echo Cycle. I've seriously considered getting the America or Speedmaster because they're still in the price range that I can pay without financing but I remember that I gave up my first America for a reason. I needed something bigger.

The used Victory Vegas is about the half the price of even a used Thunderbird. All the reviews I've read have been great. I'd most likely use Elk Island as my dealer for Victory stuff as everyone I know who goes out there raves about them. Also, when I stopped by Riverside Honda to see what they had used the sales man started whispering as soon as I mentioned I was looking at Victory as well. "Not that I don't want to sell you a bike... but elk island is a good place to go. Yamaha makes a nice bike but..." lol Probably the most honest reccomendation I'll ever get from a salesman.

The Judge is only on the list because I know a few people who've tested one out and they're all seriously considering buying one.

I honestly don't care about the opinions of the Harley riders. Although I like a few harleys I'm not interested in paying the 20-25% premium on the name, especially when they just don't seem to have the performance of the other bikes. Also, most of my riding friends are still on Sport bikes, so I'm gonna get shit anyways for being on an "old man" bike no matter what I get :)

AS for gear, I still have all my old stuff. I might end up getting a beanie helmet instead of the full face, but that's not a major expense, and I'll probably stick to the full face for a while anyways, because I'm terrible for losing/stepping on glasses and a visor comes in handy when you crush your glasses an hour from home.

Yogi @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:31 am

I've got 4 helmets, but I favor my modular. Because I have a windshield, I usually have it flipped up, but it's great to have when I hit the rain. Also good for 'lighting up' stretching out & kicking back on throttle lock. :lol: I like the beanie when I am in city traffic. I can hear a lot more of what is going on around me. I find my Shoeii to be too restrictive so I don't wear it often.

raydan @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:39 am

Here's a bike for you, lazy bugger. :D

martin14 @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:43 am

Unsound Unsound:

I honestly don't care about the opinions of the Harley riders. Although I like a few harleys I'm not interested in paying the 20-25% premium on the name, especially when they just don't seem to have the performance of the other bikes. Also, most of my riding friends are still on Sport bikes, so I'm gonna get shit anyways for being on an "old man" bike no matter what I get :)

So you will get shit from everyone now.. R=UP :lol: :lol:

Yogi @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:50 am

martin14 martin14:
Unsound Unsound:

I dunno, I don't get any flak from anyone when I'm out on my little bike. 99 Suzuki Marauder. In fact 4 times peeps have come up to me when I'm stopped asking to take pics of 'us'! :lol: 99 Suzuki Marauder 079.JPG
99 Suzuki Marauder 079.JPG [ 388.82 KiB | Viewed 239 times ]

PluggyRug @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Last bike I owned, similar to the one in the photo, screw the Harleys.

raydan @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:50 pm

This is pretty close to the last bike I had.

Unsound @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Yogi Yogi:
martin14 martin14:
Unsound Unsound:

I dunno, I don't get any flak from anyone when I'm out on my little bike. 99 Suzuki Marauder. In fact 4 times peeps have come up to me when I'm stopped asking to take pics of 'us'! :lol:

That was the nice/annoying thing with my old Triumph America. A lot of conversations with strangers at the gas pumps. Most of em old guys. "I used to have a 68 Bonneville. Loved that bike! Do they still leak oil all over the place?"lol

Unsound @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Took a look at the bike tonight. It's just as clean and well kept as the pics and the ad made it out to be. I suspect i may be a victory owner in the next few days. :D

Yogi @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:55 pm

Unsound Unsound:
Took a look at the bike tonight. It's just as clean and well kept as the pics and the ad made it out to be. I suspect i may be a victory owner in the next few days. :D

Congrats! [B-o] We'll have to get out for a ride as soon as .... :lol:

Unsound @ Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:27 pm

Thanks. but I haven't got it yet. My luck some one'll call the guy tomorrow with a better offer...

But if I do get something, i'd enjoy a ride when the snow's gone [B-o]

1  2  3  Next