Canada Kicks Ass
Tesla 'Insane' button

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:35 pm

$1:
Tesla 'Insane' button gives unsuspecting passengers a wild ride

You gotta hand it to Tesla CEO and Founder Elon Musk. When he puts an actual "Insane Button" in his new Model S P85D all-electric car, he does not mess around.

See also: Elon Musk's secret fear: Artificial Intelligence will turn deadly in 5 years

Unveiled last October, the $120,000 Tesla Model S P85D can park itself — and, with the push of one crazy little button, shoot from 0 to 60 mph in just over three seconds. At least that's what we were told.

Now we have proof. The drag racing site DragTimes produced and posted a video on Sunday showing unsuspecting passengers reacting to the twin-engine P85D's ability to hit 60 mph and higher in just a few seconds. Passengers curse, look sick, freak out and sometimes pay the price for not paying attention. One young passenger lost control of her smartphone when the car took off and it went flying into the back seat.

The driver in the video, Brooks (he didn't want to give his full name), told Mashable that he owns the Tesla and drove family and friends.

http://mashable.com/2015/01/27/tesla-insane-button/

Regina @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:14 pm

CKA has a button like that........only a few use it though. :wink:

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:18 pm

Regina Regina:

I think you mean the 'Batshit Insane' button? ;)

I want a car with an 'insane' setting. XD (and the control system you see is made by Blackberry! :) )

Regina @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:31 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Regina Regina:

I want a car with an 'insane' setting. XD (and the control system you see is made by Blackberry! :) )

Agree on both!
Think I read something a while back that it was NON-Apple....they had me at NON-Apple. :lol:

stratos @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:37 pm

$1:
Agree on both!
Think I read something a while back that it was NON-Apple....they had me at NON-Apple.

An apple a day keeps the Tesla away.

Corny I know but still I could not resist. :)

Regina @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:40 pm

:lol:

2Cdo @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:52 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I have something like that in my truck. 4 settings, normal, fuel economy, towing and sport! I only ever use towing and economy. Even using towing without hauling anything will snap you back in the seat. I'm almost afraid to try the sport mode. :lol:

Regina @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:55 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
I'm almost afraid to try the sport mode. :lol:

Cluck, cluck, cluck.......

2Cdo @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:57 pm

Regina Regina:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

Yep. Maybe when I was a young fella, not today though. :lol:

Regina @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:00 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Regina Regina:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

Yep. Maybe when I was a young fella, not today though. :lol:

There are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:07 pm

When they have a ludicrous speed button, then we'll talk.

DanSC @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:28 pm

So it's like putting a Hellcat into 707 Horsepower mode, only less fun and not Canadian.

BartSimpson @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Regina Regina:
There are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots.

There's one.

Caelon @ Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:19 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
$1:
shoot from 0 to 60 mph in just over three seconds. At least that's what we were told.

Just over 3 seconds? Is that 3.01 or 3.5. For less than $10,000 there are lots of vehicles that will go 0 to 60 in under 3.3 seconds. For a few thousand more you can get there in 2.75 seconds. Of course they all have two wheels and do not weigh as much as the Tesla nor do they have the same creature comforts. But on a thrills per dollar scale they are a better deal.

DrCaleb @ Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:34 am

Regina Regina:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Regina Regina:

Agree on both!
Think I read something a while back that it was NON-Apple....they had me at NON-Apple. :lol:

Quite a few 'entertainment' systems in cars by BMW, Porsche, Mercedes etc. use the QNX operating systems originally in the 'Palm Pilot'. Blackberry bought Palm, and has made huge updates to it ever since. It's a fairly big part of their revenue stream now. Cars that don't use proprietary systems, like Nissan, use QNX/Blackberry. Ford is moving from Microsoft to QNX. :)

$1:
QNX continues to make inroads with automakers. Ford Motor Co. last month dropped Microsoft’s software for QNX in its Sync car system, according to two people familiar with the shift. Ford would be an addition to a client roster that includes Chrysler Group LLC, Hyundai Motor Co. and Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Plc, as well as most luxury German automakers.

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/ ... nc-covets/