Canada Kicks Ass
Texting while driving (graphic PSA)

1  2  3  Next

TattoodGirl @ Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:43 pm

Zipperfish @ Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:16 pm

I dunno. Kind of a sledgehammer approach. Typical for the mommy-state Britain has turned into though--talk on your phone and your a murderer!!!!

Guy_Fawkes @ Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:34 pm

Good times! [B-o]

PJB @ Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:20 pm

A graphic reminder that texting while driving is incredibly dangerous and stupid.

kitty @ Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:22 pm

i had to be reminded that this was fake... it really horrible

Annihilator @ Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:29 pm

The sad thing is that these ads were needed in the first place because some people are dumb enough to do this.

Zipperfish @ Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:44 am

Annihilator Annihilator:
The sad thing is that these ads were needed in the first place because some people are dumb enough to do this.

"Needed"? really? Some people are dumb enough to carry on a conversation with their passenger too, and occasionally make eye contact, even. Even though this has been shown to be just as dangerous as talking on your hands free cell. They should do another commercial for that one--only this time have dead babies. Exploding dead babies! yeah, baby.

Annihilator @ Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Annihilator Annihilator:

"Needed"? really? Some people are dumb enough to carry on a conversation with their passenger too, and occasionally make eye contact, even. Even though this has been shown to be just as dangerous as talking on your hands free cell. They should do another commercial for that one--only this time have dead babies. Exploding dead babies! yeah, baby.

That's what I meant. Texting requires you to look at the phone for an extended perdiod of time, and that anyone would be stupid enough to do this while driving is beyond me.

Bodah @ Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:46 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Annihilator Annihilator:

Their target audience is obviously new drivers, young people. If it saves one life I say its worth it , see the commericial on the toob and its too much for ya, just change the channel.

Brenda @ Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:51 pm

What I find odd, is that you learn how to drive from your mom or dad, or friend, who might have a licence (and gotten it the same way), but that doesn't mean they are good drivers, and thus teaching you the right way to drive.

WHY in the world isn't it mandatory to take LESSONS and an exam that is more than 3 minutes around the block? You take freakin lessons to learn how to speak English (and so many people still can't) but when it comes to something important and potentially dangerous as driving, you can just do what the hell ever you please... Weird. Very weird...

Bodah @ Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Brenda Brenda:
What I find odd, is that you learn how to drive from your mom or dad, or friend, who might have a licence (and gotten it the same way), but that doesn't mean they are good drivers, and thus teaching you the right way to drive.

WHY in the world isn't it mandatory to take LESSONS and an exam that is more than 3 minutes around the block? You take freakin lessons to learn how to speak English (and so many people still can't) but when it comes to something important and potentially dangerous as driving, you can just do what the hell ever you please... Weird. Very weird...

In Quebec we have to take courses, but some people still drive like maniacs here, try driving through Montreal, feels like I'm in a Mad Max movie, fun times.

Annihilator @ Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:04 pm

I mean, it's so fucking obvious that you must not text while you're driving, it's kinda like making ads about how stabbing yourself with a knife is bad for your health.

Zipperfish @ Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Bodah Bodah:
Their target audience is obviously new drivers, young people. If it saves one life I say its worth it , see the commericial on the toob and its too much for ya, just change the channel.

You know what mindless drivel I hate more than any other? I'll tell ya--it's "If it saves just one life, it's worth it." What a mindless fucking mentality. You know what?--banning driving altogether would ensure there'd never be any horrific accidents like that for any reason, cell-phone blabbing or otherwise. It would save thousands of lives every year.

Should we ban driving? Well, according to Bodah we should, because it would save one life. How about making everyone wear body armour everywhere all the time. Think of the lives that would be saved. Maybe not very many, but--according to Bodah--if it saves just one life it must be worth it.

God what a nation of wussies England has turned into.

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:44 pm

And I'm sure you'll feel the same way when some fucktard texting away slams into one of your family members and kills or maims them right?

martin14 @ Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:47 pm

I have seen this on the BBC, won't do a damn thing IMO.

Like warning labels on smokes, the kids wont buy into it.

Jail time, losing the car,

losing license for weeks / months, these things will work.

1  2  3  Next