Canada Kicks Ass
The first car I bought, almost totally restored.

1  2  Next

QBC @ Fri May 19, 2006 7:44 pm

I know this is an odd car to restore, but it was the first car I bought with my own money. This is a 1963 Chrysler Windsor that I purchased from the first owner back in 1986. Much of the restoration has been done by my late father who past away just this past February. These are pics of the car as my buddy and I were loading the car up to take back to my place to finish. To finish it all I need is to block the body, paint it and get the seats re-done. The first real drive of this car will be me and my family taking my fathers ashes to be spread. I hope to have this done this summer.

Three pics are of my buddy chaining the car down on the trailer. the other two are the engine compartment and the colour the car will be, Twilight Blue Pearl Metallic

Blue_Nose @ Fri May 19, 2006 7:50 pm

Why not?

Looks good, QBC... post some post-paint pics when you're all done!

john3 @ Fri May 19, 2006 8:14 pm

that seems like a pretty old car to be remodelling right now, but if u can afford it, pimp that shiz out of that thing

PS: sorry about ur father.

OnTheIce @ Fri May 19, 2006 8:38 pm

Avro Avro:
Just one question........WHY?

Every hear of this cool thing....it's called a hobby.

QBC, engine looks great! Any pics of the exterior as it sits now?

QBC @ Fri May 19, 2006 8:39 pm

Thanx Bluenose and John

John, why cause that big old 383 is a wee bit hard on gas? Well, that big old boat will float down the hwy at 100 mph and still have lotsa gas pedal left. Just need a second job to feed her...... :wink:
You don't really rebuild an old car like this for the fuel economy

I will post more pics Bluenose

QBC @ Fri May 19, 2006 8:41 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Avro Avro:

Thanx,

Those pics were taken yesterday. Now I start on the finishing of her.

OnTheIce @ Fri May 19, 2006 9:04 pm

Avro Avro:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Avro Avro:

Yeah, but it's a Chrysler.

I helped a friend of mine restore a 70 and half Camero with a 454 and a Jag rear end. He also turned the trunk into a hatch that you can't see just to fit his golf clubs.

True, I'm not a big fan of Chysler but their old stuff ain't bad.

I'm currently on the hunt for a resto rod...maybe a 30's Ford.

BTW, it's Camaro

QBC @ Fri May 19, 2006 9:25 pm

I just didn't want to restore a Camaro, like everyone else. Wanted something different and this old Chrysler has sentimental value to me. That's more important than, "being one of the crowd"

RUEZ @ Fri May 19, 2006 9:30 pm

I actually think it's got some nice lines, and with a new coat of paint she'll be a beauty. Probably brings back a lot of memories for you as well, I remember the first car I bought with my own money. Sorry about your dad though.

RockyMtn_Girl @ Fri May 19, 2006 9:38 pm

Excellent work QBC! R=UP I know first hand what you're going through rebuilding/restoring a car. The many hours you will spend lovingly sanding your car before paint will pay off later on when you look upon the finished product with pride. It will always be a wonderful way to remember and honor your dad! I look forward to seeing more pics as you progress. :D

QBC @ Fri May 19, 2006 10:30 pm

RockyMtn_Girl RockyMtn_Girl:
Excellent work QBC! R=UP I know first hand what you're going through rebuilding/restoring a car. The many hours you will spend lovingly sanding your car before paint will pay off later on when you look upon the finished product with pride. It will always be a wonderful way to remember and honor your dad! I look forward to seeing more pics as you progress. :D

Thanx, I could see by your restoration that you took the hours, great Mustang by the way! PDT_Armataz_01_37

We might just have to have a CKA car show someday..... [flag]

1  2  Next